Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:56 AM

6,758 posts, read 3,383,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You mean it hasn't already?
My thoughts exactly. One look at what happens on a daily basis would indicate that the liberals are in full anarchist mode.

I can understand the protesting. What I can't agree with is the domestic terrorism and rioting over everything, and most of the elected Democrats aren't any better.

Pick your spots. When you complain and find fault in every little thing, nobody believes you anymore. You just look like a bunch of whiny little brats.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:00 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,326,157 times
All hell will break loose when _________

Ruth Bader Ginsburg retires or keels over and Trump tries to replace her (and ultimately does when the filibuster is eliminated) with a conservative.

And any leftist caught doing violent acts can be locked up for life for all I care.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:20 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,574,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
All hell will break loose when _________

Ruth Bader Ginsburg retires or keels over and Trump tries to replace her (and ultimately does when the filibuster is eliminated) with a conservative.

And any leftist caught doing violent acts can be locked up for life for all I care.
Strict Constitutionalist, I see.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,326,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Call it what you want but this country is coming unhinged because of the left.
They simply won't allow Trump to even get out of the gate. And those who voted for Trump have about had enough of the BS.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:16 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,361,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They'll just print more of their imaginary promissory notes.

They get to change the rules as they go along because it's their game anyway.

That's why I said if a large portion of the population stopped paying taxes, ignored victimless crimes, and stopped bringing cases before the State's courts then the government would start to worry.

Anything that delegitamized the State or showed a large group of folks how inefficient/corrupt the government is would work.

That last part is hard though because the government simply changes the rules when people find a better way/get around red tape (Bitcoin, Uber, eBay).

Basically anything innovative is quickly regulated and bastardized before too many people realize how superior free/voluntary associations are to the State.
I think at some point they won't even be able to print money, or if they do it'll be worthless anyway. There's only so far the FED can go with the current strategy before they just can't anymore. I definitely agree on the rest...the control freaks will start getting desperate to hang onto their drug - power.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:18 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,044,157 times
The sun runs out of hydrogen fuel and is no longer able to sustain fusion in its core. It will bloat out to a red giant, killing all life on Earth.

On a more pleasant note, other options include:

- Making coffee or chocolate illegal

- Running out of affordable fossil fuels

- The Super Bowl being cancelled

Old 02-11-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Republicans are all for freedom of speech and religion - provided it only applies to their speech and their religion, of course.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
When Trump declares martial law because he doesn't like people protest against his policies, or when LE opens fire and kills protestors.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
All Hell will break loose when a crazy trump Video comes out into public domain..

pick anyone you like.

Trump snorting coke off an under age girl.

Trump buck naked , coked up does state of the union.

Trumps robe slips open whole world see his tiny teeny weenie.. (turgid )

Bannon riding Trump around like a pony , both buck naked...

Or

Trump Putin blackmail finally exposed, but that will likely be 50 years from now and people will shudder how it was covered up..

any of those.
I like the sound of it, but honestly, none of that would matter. Trump could hold daily executions of random US citizens and his supporters would lap it up, nod like puppets, and make up excuses in their head why the randomly killed people "deserved it."

Look at Trump's miserable life so far - the sleaze, failures, utter malice and incompetence. The man's only skills are exploiting the system to escape with the loot free of blame and harming others. And yet millions of people still slavishly adore him, despite there being no good reason to do so. They either believe his insane promises - while ignoring the proven fact that he's a habitual liar who will say anything - or they just "want to see somebody else get hurt" so they don't care how far the nation falls.

Nothing at this point can discredit Trump in the eyes of his supporters. He could leave the nation a smoldering, radioactive wasteland, and what few Trump-suckers survived would still be muttering, "Well, at least a lot liberals got killed, so I'm ok with it - go Trump!"

Old 02-11-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When Trump declares martial law because he doesn't like people protest against his policies.
Considering how he has that Neo-Nazi Bannon running national security, this spectacle could be coming sooner than people think...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies