Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 08:55 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,811,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
First off they aren't "undocumented" they are illegal aliens. It doesn't matter if they are dangerous criminals or not our immigration laws state they must be deported. They are devastating to our country in many ways.

Do you also feel badly for the children of American parents who are jailed or imprisoned for their crimes? I seriously doubt that you do. Those who break the law whether they be citizens or foreigners should have thought about their children before breaking the law. It's all on them. No one should get a pass on our laws just because they have kids.
I feel badly for any kid whose parents are taken away from them. Don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 08:56 PM

18,463 posts, read 7,102,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you have any idea what that would do to our economy...any clue at all. It would devastate our country. Have you even thought about that.
Hyperbolic nonsense.

MAYBE... if they were all to disappear in a very short time span like a day...a week....a month... it would have a negative effect on the economy.

Otherwise, everything will adjust itself just fine.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:57 PM

32,093 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I know what it would do to my families economy.We could get our construction jobs back! You will sing a different tune when they steal your job and you struggle for food.
Sorry, not believing you lost your construction job due to illegals. Companies can get into a lot of trouble for hiring illegals. No way they would jeopardize their business.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:58 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I feel badly for any kid whose parents are taken away from them. Don't you?

Sure, but I ask should that give their parents a pass on the justice of the law? They did this to their kids themselves. Illegals can take their children with them when deported unlike Americans who go to jail for breaking the law and can't.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry, not believing you lost your construction job due to illegals. Companies can get into a lot of trouble for hiring illegals. No way they would jeopardize their business.

Are you for real? Illegal aliens have flooded the construction industry and many other blue-collared jobs. You'd have to be living in a cave not to know this common knowledge. Someone posted the stats in here on what jobs that illegals are holding and construction was at the top of the list. Since there is no mandated e-verify the greedy employers aren't jeopardizing their businesses by hiring illegal aliens as they rarely get caught.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Sure, but I ask should that give their parents a pass on the justice of the law? They did this to their kids themselves. Illegals can take their children with them when deported unlike Americans who go to jail for breaking the law and can't.
I didn't say they should be given a pass. Rounding up people who've broken traffic laws doesn't seem like it should be a priority to me, though. Violent criminals are another story.

I'm also hearing from friends who are being stopped and questioned by ICE. They all happen to be brown. They were also born in the US.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:03 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
It is not just California. It is happening all over. Our local news in Charlotte had demonstrators asking the city council to protect the residents (note that was not citizens) of Charlotte. Council put out a public statement that they did not deal in immigrants and the Federal Government agents were acting within their rights.

Several presidents have shirked their duty so much that these people think they have rights they don't have because they are here as illegals. We finally have a president who is trying his best to do his job. I just wish the traitors in these sanctuary areas would decide to be loyal Americans. Their actions are shameful and my opinion is they should be arrested and prosecuted for interfering with law enforcement.

The very dumbest statements I am reading and hearing is when people seem to think illegal immigration is not a criminal act unless they have done a SECOND crime. If you are here illegally; you are a criminal. It is time for the legal citizens of this country to be considered before your poor little feelings. We are tired of being walked on by your flag flying and rudeness. Maybe instead of marching and making demands you have no right to make you should shut your mouths and start thanking us for supporting many of you through your entire life.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Are you for real? Illegal aliens have flooded the construction industry and many other blue-collared jobs. You'd have to be living in a cave not to know this common knowledge. Someone posted the stats in here on what jobs that illegals are holding and construction was at the top of the list. Since there is no mandated e-verify the greedy employers aren't jeopardizing their businesses by hiring illegal aliens as they rarely get caught.
I really wish people would make up their minds about this. Either all these undocumented people are taking American jobs or they're lazy and won't work and are living off the government teat.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I didn't say they should be given a pass. Rounding up people who've broken traffic laws doesn't seem like it should be a priority to me, though. Violent criminals are another story.

I'm also hearing from friends who are being stopped and questioned by ICE. They all happen to be brown. They were also born in the US.
Who's rounding up people who've broken traffic laws? But if one is caught in that manner then ICE should be called. That's not "rounding" people up.

LE cannot question people just based on their skin color there has to be probable cause. Typical pulling of the race/victim card.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:08 PM

32,093 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Hyperbolic nonsense.

MAYBE... if they were all to disappear in one day, it would have a negative effect on the economy.

Otherwise, everything will adjust itself just fine.
How do you figure. This is not just my opinion. It's coming from economists which I assume you are not one of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies