Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2017, 05:00 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,302,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I really wish people would make up their minds about this. Either all these undocumented people are taking American jobs or they're lazy and won't work and are living off the government teat.
Uh.... they are doing both.

Some are working hard for little pay, enriching the boss, and taking American jobs.

Others aren't doing much of anything other than collecting welfare.

Got it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 05:05 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,302,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
You just make stuff up.And I was a member of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters for 9 years till they packed up and left stealing $40,000 of my pension.I was 8 mos away from being vested.They are thieves and I was left out to dryrot with many other Carpenters.We still worked our trade and did well until the Mexicans came and wages were cut and quality went downhill and the trade was no longer respected and medicore work was the norm. I survive doing high end finish work for wealthy clients.
Another good posting. This guy here is the person that we should be fighting for. BTW - I have no blue collar experience and can barely swing a hammer. But these are the kind of people and jobs that we need.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,445,449 times
It's great that they're protesting.

Saves the trouble of hunting them down.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:20 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,772,698 times
It's about time this country took control of illegal immigrants.

Fear: Across the United States, some unauthorized immigrants are keeping their children home from school and have suspended after-school visits to the public library. They have given up coffee shop trips and weekend restaurant dinners with family.
Some don't answer knocks on their doors. They're taping bed sheets over windows and staying off social media. Nervous parents and their children constantly exchange text messages and phone calls.
From New York to Los Angeles, a series of immigration arrests this week have unleashed waves of fear and uncertainty across immigrant communities.

"There are people that I work with who essentially want to go dark," said Cesar Vargas, one of the first immigrants without legal status in New York state to be sworn in as a lawyer.
"They don't want to be public in any way whatsoever. They spend less time on the street. They go to work and go straight back home. They don't go on Facebook. They put curfews on themselves."

Fear spreads across US after immigration arrests - CNNPolitics.com

Old 02-12-2017, 05:24 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,445,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
It's about time this country took control of illegal immigrants.

Fear: Across the United States, some unauthorized immigrants are keeping their children home from school and have suspended after-school visits to the public library. They have given up coffee shop trips and weekend restaurant dinners with family.
Some don't answer knocks on their doors. They're taping bed sheets over windows and staying off social media. Nervous parents and their children constantly exchange text messages and phone calls.
From New York to Los Angeles, a series of immigration arrests this week have unleashed waves of fear and uncertainty across immigrant communities.

"There are people that I work with who essentially want to go dark," said Cesar Vargas, one of the first immigrants without legal status in New York state to be sworn in as a lawyer.
"They don't want to be public in any way whatsoever. They spend less time on the street. They go to work and go straight back home. They don't go on Facebook. They put curfews on themselves."

Fear spreads across US after immigration arrests - CNNPolitics.com
Legal U.S. citizens should look for signs of illegality and report them to ICE and the border patrol.

We should all do our duty!

Old 02-12-2017, 07:09 AM

18,463 posts, read 7,103,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I really wish people would make up their minds about this. Either all these undocumented people are taking American jobs or they're lazy and won't work and are living off the government teat.
News flash.......they do both.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How do you figure. This is not just my opinion. It's coming from economists which I assume you are not one of.
Because it's based on the scenario of them all being "rounded up" and deported all at once , which is a fallacy because:

1. No one has suggested doing it all at once.

and

2. Won't happen.

Also based on other fallacies, like the "jobs Americans won't do" BS.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I just don't understand the jobs illegals took over. They can't earn a paycheck because they don't have a SS #. So they have to be paid with cash.
Holy crap.....

Try going to just about any construction site in any major city in the country and take a look around.

When you're done with that look up the terms "metricula consular" and "taxpayer ID number"

https://www.google.com/search?client...k1.88_QRNfPKF4

Old 02-12-2017, 08:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Exactly, get the militia on the job. ICE is overwhelmed. They got more illegals in the US than Sweden or Hungary have people.
They managed 850 a day under Obama, and now only 30, which means it will take hundreds of years to complete the task.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
At some point they start self deporting, so they can take all their crap with them, including their kids.
Look into President IKE's Operation Wetb*ck and how a few examples set off a mass self deportation.

It works. History proved it worked well.
Obama deported 850 per day, and Trump is deporting 30, and people celebrate and say "finally we are doing something".

We are doing a heck of a lot less than before, but feel free to celebrate. In several hundred years they will all be gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies