Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 10:32 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Perhaps the OP is not the target audience? SNL has been experiencing its highest ratings in decades.

Trump's attention and petty tweets are only helping them. Since it was leaked that Trump doesn't like a woman playing Spicer, they had Sessions played by a female last night also. I don't think it was a coincidence.

Saturday Night Live is enjoying its highest ratings in over 20 years · Newswire · The A.V. Club
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 10:32 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I'm sure you will be missed.
Here is a philosophical point that I firmly believe in, and you might consider taking to heart:

If you want a measure of your importance in anything from your family to the Universe, try this; Make a fist, and put it in a bucket of 40 weight oil. Remove it from the oil as fast as possible. The hole that is left is how much you will be missed when you are gone.

I am absolutely certain that SNL will not miss my viewership. In fact, I am certain that they are not even aware of my existence.
IMO, your post is a total, useless, failure. However, I'm also sure it made you feel better, so perhaps it did accomplish something worthwhile.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:33 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Poor snowflakes, does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to watch? Or do you watch so you can go on the intrawebz and cry about it?

Old 02-12-2017, 10:34 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
SNL is having a banner season thanks to Trump. You snowflakes need to stop whining and get used to it. It's gonna be a fun 4 years.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
You know those Man on The Street interviews with protestors who don't know jack? How many of them even know who Spicer is? How many could name any of Obama's press secretaries? I think it's a comedic mistake to make fun of a person that not a lot of people know. TV show audiences aren't political geeks like us.

You know what I remember most about Obama's 3 press secretaries is that Jay Carney had Commie posters in his kitchen. Yup, that's what I remember most about him.

I think comedians should do their thing. The audiences will decide if it's funny or not and the "nots" will stop watching.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:37 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
"Has Saturday Night Live gone too far?"

Back in the old days, SNL made fun of both sides equally and it was darn funny. A good sense of humor and being able to laugh at one's self was rather refreshing in a way. That has long sense changed and I stopped watching it. It didn't help that the show had started to suck anyway. Last night, if they devoted an equal amount of time to making fun of democrats, it was probably okay. I can almost guarantee that didn't happen though.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:37 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You know those Man on The Street interviews with protestors who don't know jack? How many of them even know who Spicer is? How many could name any of Obama's press secretaries? I think it's a comedic mistake to make fun of a person that not a lot of people know. TV show audiences aren't political geeks like us.

You know what I remember most about Obama's 3 press secretaries, Jay Carney had Commie posters in his kitchen. Yup, that's what I remember most about him.

I think comedians should do their thing. The audiences will decide if it's funny or not and the "nots" will stop watching.
Except they have and their audience is growing dramatically.

We all know who Spicer is. Thanks in large part to SNL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Has Saturday Night Live gone too far?"

Back in the old days, SNL made fun of both sides equally and it was darn funny. A good sense of humor and being able to laugh at one's self was rather refreshing in a way. That has long sense changed and I stopped watching it. It didn't help that the show had started to suck anyway. Last night, if they devoted an equal amount of time to making fun of democrats, it was probably okay. I can almost guarantee that didn't happen though.
They did do an Elizabeth Warren bit.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:38 AM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Presidents have been targets of SNL comedy skits going back to Richard M. Nixxon. I don't recall any of them whining about it, even Nixxon.
SNL premiered just over a year after nixon left office. so, even tho he was portrayed ( by akroyd lacking any prosthetic makeup and sporting a thick mustache ), it wasn't during his term.

agreed tho, i've never heard of a POTUS complain about their SNL portrayal.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:40 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Just butthurt sore loser liberals trying to make themselves feel better.
butthurt Trump supporters who can't take any humor about Trump.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:40 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It was a comedy sketch.
Exactly! How many times has Donald Trump gone too far with personal attacks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies