Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 08:02 AM

52,684 posts, read 47,937,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Watching Trump speak in front of people he seems like he has early dementia can't remember what he just said repeats it again. The guy is 70 years old I have seen it happen in late 60's it's mild at first but they might be perfect physical shape start to show some signs of it if you didn't know them well would not be able to tell.
You've got to understand that some members of the media just don't get it. That's the reason President Trump has to get through to those people.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:02 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,218,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You say that like you think I do not recognize a liberal idiot when I see one.

Look, I enjoy a good many liberal entertainers, but I would not want them running the country.

They're unqualified.

That's all there is to it.

Remember... Trump was a Democrat for most of his adult life. I didn't like him then, either.

Trump is so beloved by his "base" because they don't understand complex words.

That is probably sadder than him being President.
That's a lie and you know it. Let's pretend that speaking styles were reversed, i.e. Hillary/Obama sounded like Trump and Trump sounded like Hillary/Obama but their politics stayed the same, you know you wouldn't hate Hillary/Obama regardless of what they sound like.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:03 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That's just your biased opinion because you don't like him politically. If he was a liberal, you wouldn't say he was an idiot. And don't say you would because you know you wouldn't.

I think he sounds fine. A breath of fresh air actually from all the smooth talking politicians we've had.
Why are people so infatuated how he speaks (style) while apparently so uncaring about what he says (substance)?

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Exactly. He keeps you interested. The other politicians, particularly Obama and Hillary, you quickly lose interest.
So true.
Obama is a bland/boring speaker usually.
Hillary is bland, and additionally suffers from an unappealing voice.

12,390 posts, read 7,093,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Laughing at a person stuttering (and no, Obama doesn't stutter, but whatever) demonstrates meanness of the audience.

It's not funny when people stutter. It's not funny when people who are handicapped have trouble controlling their limbs.

I should not be surprised that a Trump fan would think so, however.
Obama was a stutter fool at times, there is no denying that fact.

Trump is one of the most skilled, and effective speakers in decades, that's not my opinion, that is the opinion of subject matter experts in communication.

I always get a good laugh at these dems on here that criticize how Trump communicates, not understanding he is communicating on a level well beyond their understanding.

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
He's done that for years. He repeats things so things will stick in your head. It's actually the sign of a good speaker to have.
It is... when that speaker is actually saying something of value.

Repeating that "bad hombres" stuff over and over just makes people worry that there are some "bad hombres" (whatever the hell that means) and they're out to GET US.

OOOOOHHHHHOOOOHHH!

Alarmist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Obama was a stutter fool at times, there is no denying that fact.
Stuttering, if one does it, is not a mark of foolishness.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:05 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Trump is the best speaker in American history.
I've never seen anyone get the message across better than President Trump. .

Old 02-13-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why are people so infatuated how he speaks (style) while apparently so uncaring about what he says (substance)?
Yes.

I ask myself this quite regularly here lately.

"Ohhh! I love him. He's so down-to-earth and relatable!"

"He doesn't try to use big words to confuse people."

How that translates into honesty... I do not know.

Some of the biggest liars I have ever known use small words.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:06 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Or maybe it's just Lenin's tactic of a lie being told often enough becoming 'truth'.
You are referring to the LIE of the Year Award for President Obama - that's the thing about "lies", when they are proven to NOT be "truth", it's a disaster.

"If you like your Doctor - You can keep your Doctor ..... PERIOD!"
"If you like your Insurance - You can keep your Insurance .....PERIOD!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies