Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times

Advertisements

There is no "Constitutional crisis!"

Old 02-13-2017, 01:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Violating the Emolument Act, creating a Constitutional crisis, making enemies of our allies and enemies of our enemies, making Spicer and his other PR people look like fools, wussing out on the China talks, starting an investigation about this nonexistent voter fraud, whining about Ivanka's loss of business on Twitter, lots of things!
Here I was thinking of "accomplishments" as a positive think, Scooby.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'll name two things.

Removed penalty for not purchasing Obamacare. IRS can no longer enforce it.

ICE cracking down on criminal Illegals. Get them out of here.
Neither of those is any sort of thing to crow about as some glowing demonstration of his presidential acumen.

That's right up there with telling me he used the Big Boy Potty and stayed in the yard instead of trying to get outside the gate.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:21 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What has he accomplished?

Name something.
Aside from pissing off half the country and about 3/4 of the world....

Old 02-13-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Removing the penalty for young healthy people purchasing health insurance may doom ACA, that's not an accomplishment unless they have a replacement, they do not.

I will give you that it appears the ICE is rounding up more illegal immigrants, we will see how that turns out.
ICE was gonna round those people up anyway. He just hurried them up a little bit.

I dunno as I'd be exited about that as an "accomplishment."

Not sure how this is "accomplished more," either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Aside from pissing off half the country and about 3/4 of the world....
Those are the things that come immediately to mind for me, and I would not say those warrant a vacation unless it's a permanent one.

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I agree. However, why should it change now? Nobody tried to change it when Obama did it. I mean some people yelled and screamed but it fell on deaf ears... NOW its all of a sudden a problem we should address?
We are $20 trillion in debt.

The fact that this wasn't addressed decades ago doesn't mean we should ignore it today.

We need to bring government spending under control, and starting at the top is how it should begin.

This is a non-partisan issue regardless of if it was started in a partisan manner here.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Besides it costing the taxpayers upwards of $3 million per weekend, it is awful if you live anywhere in the vicinity of his home. Tourist season, weekends and road closures, air restrictions, boating restrictions. They actually closed I-95 at rush hour on Friday. It’s killing local businesseses. Stores have no customers, hotel rooms cancelled, all the businesses at local airports is crushed.

It’s the same as what Melania is doing to NYC. This family cares about themselves first and foremost. She lives in NYC, he’s in DC during the week, and they both go to Palm Beach on weekends?

This is ridiculous. This guy is a job killer.

“…Contractors, landscaping crews and pool cleaners in town are being asked to stop work and leave the island by 3 p.m. on Fridays, at least through May 1…”

A Palm Beach County report estimates Trump's first weekend visit to his "winter White House" at Mar-a-Lago since taking office cost the county's four airports almost a quarter of a million dollars' worth of business.

"They can't start an engine on the field during the TFR, so maintenance is difficult to do," Miller said. "We estimate that we lost here, at this airport, about $30,000 just from the three days last weekend…."It's going to be devastating for our business if this an every-weekend event," owner Marian Smith said…”

Trump weekend trip to Florida could cost taxpayers $3M: report | TheHill

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ump-mar-a-lago

Trump's trips to Palm Beach prove costly to airports

Marco Rubio says Trump's frequent trips to Florida are a 'burden' on local economy | Blogs

Old 02-13-2017, 01:23 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,057,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He's gone from a so-called president to a part-time president.

How many tweets did he send complaining about Obama golfing??
And it is early, but he is on pace to reach Obama's golf round totals!

Old 02-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
His tendency to engage his mouth before engaging his brain.
I was wondering if anyone was gonna hit that softball
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies