Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 02:33 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Absolutely, OP! And, trust me, most people realize this. It's only those trying to feel better about their naive votes who are pretending otherwise.

Hahahaha,

George Takei, Mr Sulu, decides to hold poll on which American's fear worse, Trump or the Media. He deletes it when the results don't go his way.

This speaks for itself in terms of who is against free speech.

GEORGE TAKEI DELETES HIS POLL WHEN THE RESULTS DON'T GO HIS WAY -- CLASSIC LEFT TACTIC!

Old 02-18-2017, 02:36 PM

7,529 posts, read 10,265,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one said conservatives want to silence the press.

Trump wants to silence it.
An important distinction.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:39 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,114 times
Trump fights back against the dishonest MSM and the progressives squeal like pigs, lol. Calm down people, nobody's taking away your beloved propaganda machines.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:40 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,109 times
I guess someone must be sending around a memo I didn't get - about what 'shutting down' actually means these days. Must be something different than it meant in my day.

Trump is doing no such thing as far as I can tell. Just not taking questions from media outlets who have misquoted or not bothered to send out the stories in the form they should or even replacing truth with slanted commentary is NOT 'shutting them down' at all. He has no such intention. They even still have access to the news he wants people to know about. If they take that and distort it for their purposes, he can't and won't stop them. He is certainly entitled to say he doesn't think they are acting fairly though .. after all, they say that about him too. If they shut down it will be of their own accord.

To think anything else is pure nonsense.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:40 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
We are seeing more and more comparisons between Trump and Nixon. Ironically, it was the press that took down Nixon, so maybe that is what Trump fears.

Trump’s war on the media carries chilling echoes of Nixon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.3e0fa3f542ad

Remember Nixon? There’s history behind Trump’s press attacks

Remember Nixon? There's history behind Trump's press attacks

Some of the stunning similarities between Richard Nixon and Donald Trump

Some of the stunning similarities between Richard Nixon and Donald Trump

"Historians pointed out similarities between Mr. Trump and Richard M. Nixon, who in 1972 told his national security adviser, Henry A. Kissinger, “The press is the enemy.”

Mr. Bernstein said the president’s language “may be more insidious and dangerous than Richard Nixon’s attacks on the press.”

“But there is a similarity in trying to divide the country, and make the conduct of the press the issue, instead of the conduct of the president,” he said."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/b...he-people.html

Old 02-18-2017, 02:48 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Why would conservatives want to silence a free press
It's not conservatives trying to silence the press.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:51 PM

7,529 posts, read 10,265,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Why would conservatives want to silence a free press when the "progressives" and their far-Left allies make bigger fools of themselves with every passing moment???
Ask John McCain.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:51 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Name one thing that has been shut down.
The libprogs you're racist anti Semitic attack.

Shut it down dead.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:52 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Name one thing that has been shut down.
The anti-Trumpers like Fake News... Nobody is shutting down anything and they know it... or in this case, pretend to not know it...

Old 02-18-2017, 02:54 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
I am all for the free press but I also for reporting what happened and letting people decide for themselves what they think of it.

I hear statements on these news stations that are pure lies. And all the news stations gives their opinions. They have no right to say America wants this or that unless they asked everybody and none of them have asked me. And furthermore, if they would provide a way for me to e-mail them, I would tell them about it too. I don't twitter. Twitter is useless for me. I can't communicate with 140 characters.

Last week I heard on FOX that America wants jobs, good economy, and new healthcare laws. The illegal aliens were not even mentioned. I guarantee Trump would not have won if these were the only issues mentioned. He is president right now because he covered that subject in his campaign. Remember: "Build a wall!"

I want our immigration laws enforced, I want to feel safe, and I want my son not to have to pay money to the IRS because he cannot afford the high cost of Obamacare for his family. He makes too much to get the healthcare free. He used to have a catastrophic care for about $100 a month. Our government is causing him grief and he is trying to keep his head above water with four children and a wife. That's why demographics don't work. I am 71 but I care about the problems of my children and grandchildren too.

It is my opinion that most problems this country has could be solved by deporting all illegal aliens. You are not going to hear that on FOX from most of the reporters. I don't think FOX's boss wants that but I could be just as wrong as they are when they say what I want.

Stop telling me what I want and what the people think and what the people should think. I worked for the public until retirement and I am an expert at reading people because I had to deal with them every day. If I were in charge of the news agencies many of the liars, and there are many, would get a pink slip because many of them deserve a pink slip. Get professional or get out is my advice. I don't need you telling me what I should think or say. PC is a bunch of BS. People in the news business need to learn critical thinking. Most of the ones I have seen don't have a clue or they would have known the polls were wrong. More people in the USA matter than the people on the East and West Coast. The rest of us just live more quiet lives and write letters instead of marching on the streets. We are too tired from working to do that but we still vote. Get used to it.

Last edited by NCN; 02-18-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies