Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 11:02 PM

1,188 posts, read 961,378 times

Advertisements

The idea that "Russia hacked our election" is no longer credible, which is why the anti-Trumpers have fallen back to saying "Russia influenced our election", which of course is so vague as to be meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 11:06 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
The idea that "Russia hacked our election" is no longer credible, which is why the anti-Trumpers have fallen back to saying "Russia influenced our election", which of course is so vague as to be meaningless.
Hmm, when was that idea even seriously discussed?

There's never been any evidence of that and it's never been much of a topic of discussion other than to say that's not the issue.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:07 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,466,165 times
Quote:
Exactly, the FBI and all other intelligence agencies are on record as saying they tried but failed to hack our elections. What more to people need to know?

Old 02-18-2017, 11:08 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,233,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Like I said, if someone produces some evidence that there is some Russian connection to Trump that I should pay attention to I will. Until then, yeah you're damn straight its minimized and not on my list of priorities.
I can't agree more. There continues to be this weird speculation, usually from unnamed anonymous sources, which makes all kinds of ridiculous claims.

If there was an actual Russian connection, we would already know about it.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:38 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,172,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I can't agree more. There continues to be this weird speculation, usually from unnamed anonymous sources, which makes all kinds of ridiculous claims.

But other accusations took thirteen (13) hearings and investigations, millions of taxpayers dollars and still the witch hunters and conspiracy theorists were not sated. Care to explain that?

Old 02-18-2017, 11:50 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,466,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

I know.

Even if they were behind the Wiki leaks, the mainstream media barely reported that stuff and most voters had already made up their minds before that.

The idea that Russians influenced American voters who were clearly able to see for themselves the attributes of the two candidates they were voting on is ridiculous.

Show me evidence they somehow changed the tallying of voting machines and I will be concerned. Otherwise, pfft.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:01 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,440,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I voted for Trump because of his policies.

Russia, a country Obama derided Romney about in the 2012 Presidential debates for calling this country the primary geopolitical enemy of the US, is now public enemy #1 of the Left. Amusing.

I know some very smart Progressives and on many subjects they are brilliant, but they are dumb on politics.
You know what's amusing? The same right-wingers who bashed Obama for getting "owned" by Putin now gush over Donald Trump, a man who has his nose buried so far up Putin's butt, he has to be Pinnochio.

As for your progressive friends - - you voted for Trump. That instantly vaults their political knowledge over yours.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 02-19-2017 at 12:11 AM..

Old 02-19-2017, 12:08 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,440,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You do know what Flynn did was nothing really serious compared to what Obama's advisor did, right?

We haven't heard so much as a fart from the "press" about that, haven't we?

https://thefederalist.com/2017/02/17...media-laughed/
What Flynn did was so not serious, he abruptly resigned in disgrace.

Trump supporters:

Old 02-19-2017, 12:11 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,419,399 times
Quote:
Sort of like how the Left switched from "global warming" to "climate change".

Old 02-19-2017, 12:18 AM

1,188 posts, read 961,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Exactly, the FBI and all other intelligence agencies are on record as saying they tried but failed to hack our elections. What more to people need to know?
Again, I don't think the intelligence said that they tried to "hack our election" (i.e. rig the vote count by hacking into the voting system). People forget that the DNC is a non-governmental entity. I bet Obama's intelligence agencies went to more effort to try and make a case that Russia caused Hillary to lose than they did to try and investigate the criminals in the IRS who were targeting conservative groups a couple years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies