Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 12:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Msm was disliked before trump came along
Only by your type, because all of you have been brainwashed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and the bozos on FOX News. The rest of us prefer to know what is really happening in the world.

Trump doesn't like the media because they are watching him and letting us sane people know what nefarious antics he and Bannon are up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 12:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I want to know the psychology of people that get personally offended if you make fun of Trump or don't acknowledge him as your president
I already know they're mental make up. They're soft as pie filling.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:44 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I heard him speak--a naive, uneducated, brainwashed guy thrilled to shake the hand of Trump. Poor smuck.

Yeah, you gotta wonder about a grown man who salutes a cardboard Donald Trump every day ! He is not the brightest bulb in the box.............fits right in there, doesn't he ?

Old 02-19-2017, 12:47 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, you gotta wonder about a grown man who salutes a cardboard Donald Trump every day ! He is not the brightest bulb in the box.............fits right in there, doesn't he ?
Heh, we need more cardboard cutouts of Trump in blue cities. There's some humor to be derived there and media covering it would enrage Trump all the more.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:51 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Msm was disliked before trump came along
Naw mate "MSM" got more viewers than ever last year. Fox is MSM they have the most viewers thus are the most mainstream by definition ....

But you know that don't you...

Old 02-19-2017, 12:54 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
I want to know the psychology of people that get personally offended if you make fun of Trump or don't acknowledge him as your president
I've never met someone who gets offended by the simple act of making fun of Trump. But don't forget, making fun of Trump is part of a larger effort to discredit and delegitimize him. So a lot of people feel that someone making fun of Trump, forces them on the defensive.

I'm not impressed by Trump's ability to speak, and his seemingly-limited vocabulary, and his lack of knowledge in important areas. But the claim by liberals that Donald Trump is an idiot always bothers me.

Keep in mind, I call people idiots all the time, but in most cases, I don't believe that they are actual idiots. But more that they are BEING idiots(usually the cause is "confirmation bias").

I can agree that Trump has many flaws, and that a lot of the things he says, are pretty dumb. But Trump is not an idiot.

If liberals could understand the difference between IS an idiot, and IS BEING an idiot. I think they could be more persuasive.

For reference think of a "Grammar-Nazi". Bad-spelling and poor grammar is not indicative of stupidity. And when some self-righteous person enters a thread, and attempts to deligimatize the OP by criticizing his spelling, but adding nothing else to the conversation, to me it always just seems petty, and causes me to lose respect for the guy, while being more-sympathetic to the OP.

Grammar-Nazi behavior is the essence of liberal criticism of Donald Trump. I have nothing wrong with someone pointing-out a grammar mistake, but that cannot be their entire argument. Liberals don't really want to discuss what Donald Trump is saying, or the fact that so many people agree with Donald Trump. Because they are spending all their time making fun of him. And it accomplishes nothing.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:56 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not really. They don't wonder about that at all.

They know why you hate them. And really...they don't care since you guys pretty much hate anyone that scrutinizes Trump.

And another bald faced lie from the left. Not that anyone is surprised.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:56 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Did you wonder about that when Obama fans acted the same way?

Old 02-19-2017, 12:58 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Only by your type, because all of you have been brainwashed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and the bozos on FOX News. The rest of us prefer to know what is really happening in the world.

Trump doesn't like the media because they are watching him and letting us sane people know what nefarious antics he and Bannon are up to.

Says the dancing with the stars binge viewer.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:58 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
I don't understand why people get so butt-hurt when someone says Trump isn't their president. Why does it matter?

Its kind of like someone in the middle-ages saying that so-and-so isn't their King. And then the other peasants getting mad because they said it.

Just because someone has power over you, doesn't mean you have to accept that power as legitimate.

Though, it still doesn't change the fact that they have power over you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies