Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 01:35 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Trump supporters HATE EVERYONE who doesnt like trump..... Its like they have been programmed this way!!
Those who support Trump, are more-or-less people who believe Democrats and liberals are destroying "their" country. And that, if the tide isn't turned back, right now, everything is lost.

One of the observations I made was that, a large portion of the people who supported Ron Paul in 2008, are now supporting Donald Trump. But what does Ron Paul and Donald Trump have in common? Not much.

It is my view, that many frustrated Americans, who for the most part, just want to be left-alone, but who feel like their way-of-life and livelihoods are being threatened by liberal and neo-conservative(IE establish/Washington)policies, are turning to the authoritarian Donald Trump, as a weapon to be used against their enemies.

Basically, if the liberals have been using the government to transform America. Then the far-right has no qualms with using government to change it back. And if the only way to change it back is through authoritarian means, such as abolishing the independent press, or undermining the authority of the Supreme Court, or even ignoring the Constitution itself, so be it.

Everyone wants what they want. The liberals are no better. They will gladly use violence and destruction to achieve their goals, if they see no other alternative.

We're talking about humans, not angels. Never forget that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 01:44 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
New media vs Old media. People just want something new and not the same old boring liberal bourgeoisie media , something like drudge report is just links and not visually sexy at all but their traffic beats stuff like ABC, NBC, CBS,so much more traffic than much of the Old Media.

Carl Bernstein even stated recently , Drudge is an "influence unequaled" in American politics.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:58 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not really. They don't wonder about that at all.

They know why you hate them. And really...they don't care since you guys pretty much hate anyone that scrutinizes Trump.
The Media knows exactly why Trump supporters detest them. When the light of truth is shined on him, it's very painful for the sheep who follow. They have to double-down on their commitment and their reserves are being depleted fast.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:07 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I just love it when someone I have never met tells me I 'hate'. I don't hate the press. I don't have one iota of respect for them right now though - at least for the MSM. They ARE doing what Trump says they are doing - twisting, omitting, slanting, distorting, you name it .. if there is a way to NOT report the news, nothing but the news and only the news, they are doing it right now. But, I don't hate them. In fact, I am now finding them (besides very pathetic) rather hilarious.

And I don't 'hate' anyone who 'scrutinizes' Trump. I feel sorry for most of those who do because they don't seem to have many good arguments - just accusations - and the 'breathlessness' with they do it is astounding. Trump should be scrutinized - but a smart rational person waits till they have facts in hand and sees what is really going on before they jump to conclusions. Therefore because most of what you call 'scrutinizing' seems to be coming from those who don't do it fairly and rationally, I again have little to no respect .. at least for their actions in this effort to discredit Mr. Trump .. YOUR president as well as mine.
Same here, and it's not just what and how they twist, but the snark and outright hate in their faces and voices. It's toxic. I stopped watching on Inauguration Day. Stephanapolous and his gang, then the NBC gang were off the charts with their ugliness.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:59 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
As a working journalist, so am I. Beyond embarrassed, in fact. Shocked and deeply disillusioned.
Why? You do important work and shed light on stories that help many, many people. Don't take on other people's paranoid view of the media.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:19 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Look how the media, dnc, etc. treat President Trump for associations with folks like Bannon, Sessions, Tillerson, etc.

Now look back at the Media's coverage of Obama's affiliation of Reverend God-bleep-America Wright, Ayers, Alinski via Acorn, Frank Marshall Davis, Bernadine Dohrne, etc.

They are criminals and we don't like criminals who commit crimes race-baiting and hatred of good Americans.

These media outlets showed support for Hillary at a John Podesta dinner in 2015...

ABC, AP, American Urban Radio Networks, Bloomberg, Buzzfeed, CBS, CNBC, CNN, Huffington Post, LA Times, McClatchy, MSNBC, National Journal, NBC, NPR, NYTimes, Politico, Reuters, The Hill, Washington Post, WSJ.

That's why.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:46 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
As a working journalist, so am I. Beyond embarrassed, in fact. Shocked and deeply disillusioned.

Hopefully new media sources get created who will be credible and absolutely impartial as journalists used to be.

If not, R.I.P. Journalism as the industry goes the way of the Edsel.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:14 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Those who support Trump, are more-or-less people who believe Democrats and liberals are destroying "their" country. And that, if the tide isn't turned back, right now, everything is lost.

One of the observations I made was that, a large portion of the people who supported Ron Paul in 2008, are now supporting Donald Trump. But what does Ron Paul and Donald Trump have in common? Not much.
Ron Paul, Donald Trump, & the majority of Democrat & Republican representatives & their constituents have the bold below in common:

Quote:
...For the last eight years, it has been fueled by a furious hatred of liberals in general and President Obama in particular. It has translated that hatred into ostensible support for libertarian economic policy that would benefit no one but the extremely rich. Therefore, its signature intellectual characteristic is denial of inconvenient facts — from the true (heavily racialized) roots of its support, to the likely effect of its favored policies, to mainstream science like global warming and evolution. ...
The GOP's intellectual collapse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshowz
It is my view, that many frustrated Americans, who for the most part, just want to be left-alone, but who feel like their way-of-life and livelihoods are being threatened by liberal and neo-conservative(IE establish/Washington)policies, are turning to the authoritarian Donald Trump, as a weapon to be used against their enemies.

Basically, if the liberals have been using the government to transform America. Then the far-right has no qualms with using government to change it back. And if the only way to change it back is through authoritarian means, such as abolishing the independent press, or undermining the authority of the Supreme Court, or even ignoring the Constitution itself, so be it.

Everyone wants what they want. The liberals are no better. They will gladly use violence and destruction to achieve their goals, if they see no other alternative.

We're talking about humans, not angels. Never forget that.
Give it a rest, it's not healthy for human beings to translate hate into support, that'd be defense of the indefensible.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:17 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not really. They don't wonder about that at all.

They know why you hate them. And really...they don't care since you guys pretty much hate anyone that scrutinizes Trump.

.......in a nutshell!

Old 02-21-2017, 10:47 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Aint that the truth. I've never seen anyone worshipped in politics in my lifetime like Trump supporters worship Donald Trump. Think I'm exaggerating?

Good. Let's play a simple game then. You tell me when a Trump supporter is critical of anything Trump does. So far I've not seen, or heard, that happen. And I'm waiting to see or hear it. When it starts to happen, I'll start to think of his followers as something other than a cult.
Or having basic intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies