Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 06:20 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,300,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Good thing about America, all votes count the same no matter your education.

Ever seen an educated idiot try and change a spare tire? Usually can't be done.
That's unintentional comedic gold.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:44 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,121,504 times
Bachelor's degree white male here. I give him a major disapproval so far (and I really am rooting for the guy). He has done jack except some craziness over Muslim immigration that made me delete my facebook over the chaos it created and I couldn't stand looking at it every day. And one of his cabinet appointees has already been forced to resign over corruption charges. Not to mention all the bogus news stories that he creates (this nonsense about Sweden for instance). So far he has been nothing but a drama.

Where is his Obamacare replacement? Where are his trade deal revamps? Where are the tax cuts and deregulation?

If his first month is what we can expect for four years, I have absolutely no hope that he will lift us out of the economic malaise our country has been in for nearly 10 years. And I expect society to move further into a divided train wreck.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:46 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It's now obvious. Donny gets his support from low educated white Americans.

https://twitter.com/pollreport/statu...99630041735168
Not surprised by this at all.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Good thing about America, all votes count the same no matter your education.

Ever seen an educated idiot try and change a spare tire? Usually can't be done.
People who are educated are (by definition) the opposite of idiots.

Btw? I have changed many tires. Has more to do with upbringing and geographic location than education. Changing a tire is not a skill requiring a great deal of intelligence, though.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:51 PM

1,087 posts, read 783,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It's now obvious. Donny gets his support from low educated white Americans.

https://twitter.com/pollreport/statu...99630041735168
The only number above 51% (Trump support base) is among whites with high school or less education. That is a small ignorant segment of the society.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:10 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
Not Republicans. Trump. You're learning for the first time today that union members parted ways in large numbers with their union bosses' support of Clinton? The past 8 years hurt union workers. They were not at all thrilled with TPP. They were in the White House screaming out the exact same things Republicans were saying about Obamacare, saying they supported Obama and now he is abandoning them. He got them in and made a side deal with them.

While they would not likely spit on an establishment Republican, we will see if their trust in Trump was misplaced.

Clinton was a really, really bad candidate.

Forbes Welcome

Forbes Welcome

Unions investigate their poor showing for Clinton - POLITICO

It Looks Like Donald Trump Did Really Well With Union Households. That's A Bad Sign For Unions. | The Huffington Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I can't tell if this is serious or not.....do you know which side supports the unions? Here's a hint, it's not the one that favors eliminating the estate tax or the tax on carried interest. Unles ls you prefer limiting OT or work place safety or whistleblower laws?? But by all means vote on in Republicans and tell me how well they treat organized labor.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:21 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,932,109 times
Interestingly, I just read this article about 4Chan and these young men who support Trump because they are nihilists and using the computer for lulz and entertainment.

https://medium.com/@DaleBeran/4chan-...8cb#.8l0dc236d

Quote:
(These 4Chan) Trump supporters voted for the con-man, the labyrinth with no center, because the labyrinth with no center is how they feel, how they feel the world works around them. A labyrinth with no center is a perfect description of their mother’s basement with a terminal to an endless array of escapist fantasy worlds.

Trump’s bizarre, inconstant, incompetent, embarrassing, ridiculous behavior — what the left (naturally) perceives as his weaknesses — are to his supporters his strengths.

In other words, Trump is 4chan.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:23 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
The only number above 51% (Trump support base) is among whites with high school or less education. That is a small ignorant segment of the society.
That was a wrong and disgusting sentence I just read.You must be real fun in a real town that needs everyone to function . How inclusive OH Special one.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:35 PM

998 posts, read 1,326,383 times
Its no secret that the very people who were and never will be in Trump's social circle (white trash) are his staunchest supporters.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:43 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Oh and now blue collar workers are white trash as well as ignorant cause we make the country function instead of going to college.No wonder you cant win an election anymore stuck up creeps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies