Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 11:11 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It's now obvious. Donny gets his support from low educated white Americans.

https://twitter.com/pollreport/statu...99630041735168
The irony of it all? Educated Americans like you and I will do great under Trump. We'll pay less taxes, our home values will inflate and our health care is already taken care of.

Uneducated whites however are in affect voting against their own self interests. They really believe coal will make a comeback (laughable where natural gas prices are now), Mexicans/Chinese took all their jobs and the reason they suck at life is because of minorities and democrats.

No...you sucked at life because despite your privilege you were talentless and lazy.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:14 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
In other words the people who actually work in this country like Trump. My husband and I are beginning to think that college ruins people. They are not educated and taught to have logical thought. College is more a brain washing process.
The number one goal of higher education is to teach students how to think critically. Your ability to smell bulls**t is greatly advanced with such education. We could smell Trump from a mile away.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:16 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,219,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
The irony of it all? Educated Americans like you and I will do great under Trump. We'll pay less taxes, our home values will inflate and our health care is already taken care of.

Uneducated whites however are in affect voting against their own self interests. They really believe coal will make a comeback (laughable where natural gas prices are now), Mexicans/Chinese took all their jobs and the reason they suck at life is because of minorities and democrats.

No...you sucked at life because despite your privilege you were talentless and lazy.
Way to stereotype millions of people.

I know plenty of "uneducated" blue collar type people that are well off owning businesses and plenty of unemployed college graduates looking to work restaurant and retail.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:34 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,585,831 times
It's always a mistake to try to impress rednecks with statistics, charts, graphs and the like. Educated people who do this, should realize that they're preaching only to those who are like them. The others shed such information like water off a duck's back.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:35 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
WOW. Stop insulting each other!

I was brought up to respect anyone no matter what walk of life. The school janitor was just as good as the school principal. The clerk in the store was just as much of a human being as the CEO.

You don't need an education to be a good, decent person. Also, there are different kinds of intelligence. I may have an advanced degree but can I fix a computer? (no.) Can I repair a car? (no.)

People in some parts of the country are having a hard time making ends meet. They desperately voted for someone who promised jobs. He's a liar. I hope he does get some jobs for them, but a better answer would be to establish training programs. They need to be trained for today's world.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:37 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Everyone, regardless of education, is self-serving.

Do you honestly believe rich people are more virtuous than poor people? Don't make me laugh.

Studies show that rich people are far more likely to lie and cheat than the average person.

Rich People More Likely to Lie, Cheat, Study Suggests

I worked in pizza delivery for several years. One of the sayings about pizza delivery, was that the working classes were far more likely to tip than are the people in wealthy neighborhoods.

The kind of person who is driven to get a post-graduate degree, is someone driven primarily by money, status, etc.

Universities don't make people better people. They aren't institutions of virtue and morality. Quite the opposite.

A good man is lucky to leave a university still a good man.
So you realize you folks put an elite, ultra rich, educated guy in office who has now surrounded himself by his ultra rich, elite cronies?

Just to confirm- liars and cheats...

Old 02-19-2017, 11:39 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
The number one goal of higher education is to teach students how to think critically. Your ability to smell bulls**t is greatly advanced with such education. We could smell Trump from a mile away.
You display the same elitist attitude that cost Clinton the election. I don't remember any of Trumps team talking about how he smelled. That is not true for Clinton. Maybe you need your nose fixed. lol

Old 02-19-2017, 11:52 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,219,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
So you realize you folks put an elite, ultra rich, educated guy in office who has now surrounded himself by his ultra rich, elite cronies?

Just to confirm- liars and cheats...
Because unlike you and your liberal identity politics mindset, the rest of us know that even "an elite, ultra rich, educated guy" can still work for people that are not of his same background.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:14 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Looks like somebody got their feelings hurt.

Support for Obama wasn't as much correlated with IQ/education as it is with Trump.
Trump won college educated white males by a large margin , 54 to 39 percent! Trump won white millennials, trump won white women. All this BS about trump voters as all rural and blue collar is comical and just deflection to get off the fact that there is an enormous racial division in this country.

Its all about race, Obama even lost the white vote by 20 points in 2012! He lost college educated whites. People just thought the white vote didnt matter anymore, it was all about the browning of america and changes in demographics that made the white vote less important. They were wrong

Back in May, FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver punctured the myth of the “working class” being Trump’s voter base: In exit polls of 23 states from the primaries, all showed a higher median income for Trump supporters than the national average, usually around $70,000. Exit polls last week, while not definitive, reveal that both college-educated white men and college educated white women voted for Trump by much higher than expected margins.

The median household income of a Trump voter so far in the primaries is about $72,000, based on estimates derived from exit polls and Census Bureau data. It’s also much higher than the median income for Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders supporters.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...class-support/

Old 02-20-2017, 12:17 AM

1,438 posts, read 778,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Because unlike you and your liberal identity politics mindset, the rest of us know that even "an elite, ultra rich, educated guy" can still work for people that are not of his same background.
You obviously haven't studied Trump's background. He has only worked for one thing his entire life: himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies