Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 08:58 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,439,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Good thing about America, all votes count the same no matter your education.

Ever seen an educated idiot try and change a spare tire? Usually can't be done.
Actually, they don't, or else Clinton would be President.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:33 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,393,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And you geniuses voted in Obama and destroyed the healthcare system. Think I'll take Trump.
Guess you didn't like Obama when he pulled us out of the deepest recession since the Great Depression and saved our (your) economy??

When is Trumpy coming out with HIS healthcare bill?? Wait until he guts your healthcare policy by turning it over to the states, which will then sabotage the consumer and cut benefits. Have you listened to the Pubs in Congress talk about Health Care Savings Accounts? What that means is that you fork over the cost of your own healthcare and when you file your taxes they will give you some kind of rebate. Good luck with that one.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:37 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,407,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Easy answer.

OP tries, unsuccessfully, to make point that only stupid people vote for Trump.

Oh and Bigots too since he excludes everyone but Whites.

And Democrats wonder why they have been routed from power.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:38 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,393,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Oh and now blue collar workers are white trash as well as ignorant cause we make the country function instead of going to college.No wonder you cant win an election anymore stuck up creeps
Your "function" job will soon be replaced by a robot or computer!

Old 02-19-2017, 09:50 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,231,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Not surprised there. His supporters are mostly the uneducated, ignorant and/or the self-serving.
Everyone, regardless of education, is self-serving.

Do you honestly believe rich people are more virtuous than poor people? Don't make me laugh.

Studies show that rich people are far more likely to lie and cheat than the average person.

Rich People More Likely to Lie, Cheat, Study Suggests

I worked in pizza delivery for several years. One of the sayings about pizza delivery, was that the working classes were far more likely to tip than are the people in wealthy neighborhoods.

The kind of person who is driven to get a post-graduate degree, is someone driven primarily by money, status, etc.

Universities don't make people better people. They aren't institutions of virtue and morality. Quite the opposite.

A good man is lucky to leave a university still a good man.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Not surprised there. His supporters are mostly the uneducated, ignorant and/or the self-serving.
Let me add. The reason Trump isn't being supported by rich white liberals, is because he isn't serving their interests.

Do you honestly believe the media is unselfish in their opposition to Trump? Do you believe Silicon Valley is being unselfish in their opposition to Trump? Do you think the corporations who gave millions to Hillary Clinton's campaign, weren't doing so selfishly?

I mean, even the teacher's unions, which are one of the biggest special-interest groups who supported Hillary Clinton, only supported her because they believed Hillary Clinton would serve their interests.

I'm tired of people pretending that the Republicans are selfish, and that democrats are unselfish. Both are selfish. The world is selfish.

Grow up.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:56 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,328,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Everyone, regardless of education, is self-serving.

Do you honestly believe rich people are more virtuous than poor people? Don't make me laugh.

Studies show that rich people are far more likely to lie and cheat than the average person.

Rich People More Likely to Lie, Cheat, Study Suggests

I worked in pizza delivery for several years. One of the sayings about pizza delivery, was that the working classes were far more likely to tip than are the people in wealthy neighborhoods.

The kind of person who is driven to get a post-graduate degree, is someone driven primarily by money, status, etc.

Universities don't make people better people. They aren't institutions of virtue and morality. Quite the opposite.

A good man is lucky to leave a university still a good man.
And, yet, I know so many wonderful human beings with post-grad degrees.

Who are also excellent tippers.

I guess it's all the humanities types right-wingers like to make fun of.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
And, yet, I know so many wonderful human beings with post-grad degrees.

Who are also excellent tippers.

I guess it's all the humanities types right-wingers like to make fun of.
"Herr Derr, I know someone with a post-grad who gives good tips, so you're wrong."

Nice anecdote. And grats on turning what I said into a partisan attack. Aren't moderators supposed to be "fair"?

As for the humanities, I think philosophy and history are far more important than any technical skill. If you don't understand the world, you will never be anything more than a useful idiot.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:22 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,907,427 times
So you're telling me all these tradesmen in oil, gas, electric, mining industries clearing six fig with only a HS degree aren't "educated"?

Education isn't measured with a piece paper, education is measured in knowledge. Drawing your own parameters to what that is then drawing conclusions from it speaks for itself.

We got five year apprenticeships out there but "on paper" these men are only HS educated.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:28 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,352,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasb View Post
And also praise diversity while living in 100% White neighborhoods or in expensive gated/locked condos in 'trendy' urban cores. But hey they have a Mexican gardener or Black doorman, they love diversity!
I hate those types too, the rich liberals living in a place like Upper West Side or Wrigleyville, and praising diversity. Even though their exposure to diversity is limited to their maid, their black friend, and their idea of an ethnic neighborhood is having a Taco Bell on the corner. Lena Dunham is probably the most obvious example, the way she prides herself on being left wing, and then making 99% white TV shows about Starbucks and condos. That's what pisses me off too, so many people like that

But there are also lots of people living in actual diverse areas who really like the diversity too. Maybe this is cliche, but the diversity is probably the most important part of New York. You become so open to different ideas living there. You know that not all Muslims or Mexicans are bad people trying to kill you, because you live among thousands of them and you know the media exaggerates bull**** danger like always

Usually I find that the people who fear diversity and immigration the most, are also the ones living in 99% white neighborhoods. You have people living in Smalltown, Montana with a population of 2000 who are afraid of refugees. Why? No offense, but ISIS doesn't care about a tiny town in rural Montana or Iowa or whatever, if anybody should be afraid it should be the people living in places like New York, Chicago, LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies