Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:29 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I cannot verify any of the "fact" you listed beside paying tax and social security. No they don't pay them.

No people are no okay with illegal. What is sickening me was when my parents came here 30 years ago legally and have to work to support their children. Now illegal just show up have a baby and collect welfare without working a day.
How much do undocumented immigrants pay in taxes? | PunditFact

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...-taxes/499604/

10 Immigration myths debunked - The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 07:33 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Back on topic, if you want a job to provide for your family, show up when scheduled.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:34 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I know a lot of people that are not "fine" with it. Illegal means illegal. Period. What gives them the right to demand anything? They shouldn't be here to begin with.
Exactly. This is perhaps the silliest 'premise" behind the premise.

They called this thing a day without "immigrants", and it had nothing to do with immigrants.

"Immigrants" are persons here, legally. This should have been called correctly, a day without "Illegal aliens".

A similar thing happened in my local area. Illegal aliens didn't show up for work at a faith based child day care. Closed the place down for the day, creating more lost productivity for the parents that had to take time away to care for their children for the day. The illegal aliens were fired, and raised a stink about it.

Haven't seen the final disposition of this story, but hopefully the positions will be filled by U S citizens that are looking for work. One would think there would be a law against having criminals looking after children, anyway.

CN

Old 02-20-2017, 08:03 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The company screwed you.

FMLA

https://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/
lololol. Oh, my, it's dense!

Here...from the website you linked to:

eligible employees of covered employers

Old 02-20-2017, 08:11 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
As long as they come across the border legal

A large portion of the 'illegal' immigrants come in legally then overstay visas. Some take jobs when their visas were not for employment. For some reason everyone is so caught up in 'Mexicans' the bigger picture gets ignored.

And I think people who hire illegals are more of a problem than the illegals. Beyond cheap labor (which is not always the case) they have specifically hired people with no recourse or standing to demand safe work conditions, labor laws or the like.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:25 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
We get it.

But we also get the fact that the stance is riddled with hypocrisy.

One is fine with being cooked for and served by an illegal immigrant but watch out if they dare stand up for themselves.
Hmmm, according to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
I am a head chef ...
Where I work, most of our cooks are from Ecuador. All of them are legal,
you're post is total BS, unless you're saying Drewcifer is a liar.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:25 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
A large portion of the 'illegal' immigrants come in legally then overstay visas. Some take jobs when their visas were not for employment. For some reason everyone is so caught up in 'Mexicans' the bigger picture gets ignored.

And I think people who hire illegals are more of a problem than the illegals. Beyond cheap labor (which is not always the case) they have specifically hired people with no recourse or standing to demand safe work conditions, labor laws or the like.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34536402/...-after-protest

When a protester was asked why she thought it was an important cause, she replied "Because we are Mexicans"

Apparently even the mexicans are caught up in being mexican, and missing the bigger picture. There has not, was not, will never be a desire to assimilate into our country or culture. They are here to raid the cookie jar, for all it's worth. And even make demands of, and damage their hosts, whom are becoming more intolerant. This bs "protest" likely does them more harm than good, in the end.

CN

Old 02-20-2017, 08:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hmmm, according to this:

you're post is total BS, unless you're saying Drewcifer is a liar.
Yes, because one chef at one restaurant is representative of the millions of restaurants and chefs across the country. Brilliant.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Hey, Jose'!

Not coming to work today?

Hey, Jose'!

You're fired!

Old 02-20-2017, 08:51 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Im giving people in our office a paid day off so...
Sure you are (uttered with extreme sarcastic disbelief).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies