Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:37 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,937,877 times

Advertisements

Democrats must have given up on winning...

Continue fielding worthless candidates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 05:37 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
No chance. She is going to suffer a humiliating loss.
It's only a race in Blue Massachusetts, people in the Bible belt and flyover country don't get to vote.

I bet you think Nancy Pelosi will lose her seat as well

Old 02-20-2017, 05:59 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,466,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
The biased media keeps on attacking. Let's say Trump falters. Warren wins the DNC primaries and she beats Trump.

Now we have Pocahontas, basically Obama on steroids mixed with Bill deBlasio inexperience.

I wonder if this is what the left is going through (they see Trump akin to Warren).

Jesus, the terror.
1) She will probably be too old to run. Anyway, Hillary had it easy this time with only Bernie running. In the next primaries that would not be the case. There will probably be around 10 or more candidates competing.
2) Trump will not be the nominee next time. He will soon be kicked out. The 2020 GOP front runner is unknown at this time

Old 02-20-2017, 06:13 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,107,950 times
[quote=oberon_1;47264034]1) She will probably be too old to run. Anyway, Hillary had it easy this time with only Bernie running. In the next primaries that would not be the case. There will probably be around 10 or more candidates competing.
2) Trump will not be the nominee next time. He will soon be kicked out. The 2020 GOP front runner is unknown at this time[/QUOTE]

just like how they would take the nomination from him at the convention, how they would replace him as the nominee when the Access Hollywood tape came out, and that electors would take the presidency away from him

Old 02-20-2017, 06:16 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,129,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It's only a race in Blue Massachusetts, people in the Bible belt and flyover country don't get to vote.

I bet you think Nancy Pelosi will lose her seat as well

Nancy Pelosi should be out, she has nothing to offer. Warren will lose, mark it.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:21 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,600,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I agree. But imagine if she wins.

What a horrible thing that must be for a knee-jerk conservative to contemplate. Someone as president, who places humanitarian values and the welfare of all our people, as a first priority.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:31 PM
exm exm started this thread

3,728 posts, read 1,786,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What a horrible thing that must be for a knee-jerk conservative to contemplate. Someone as president, who places humanitarian values and the welfare of all our people, as a first priority.
Hahahahaha, that was funny.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:24 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Nancy Pelosi should be out, she has nothing to offer. Warren will lose, mark it.
If she does lose, it will be close. Massachusetts is not Mississippi

Old 02-20-2017, 08:35 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,751,944 times
If California has seceded by then, you can count on her (or any Democrat) losing elections.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:36 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,760,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Right...

So, even if anything in my post really expressed some sort of visceral hatred of Trump (it didn't; the point was that political discourse has died due to an anti-intellectual and self centered population... a point you only further prove by continuing to refuse to engage in), that would have nothing to do with my ability to understand a criticism of Elizabeth Warren.

I do want to point out here, WaldoKitty, a poster I will openly admit I'm not the biggest fan of based how he posts, responded to my original post, as did you, and asked a question about an alternatives the Democrats would run. While I thought he missed the mark a bit, he did in fairness point some interesting things out. We had a civil discussion all the same. He and I disagree on a lot; I get the sense he's not a fan of me and as I said, I find his posts to usually be rather repugnant, yet we engaged in politics with each other. So stop with this "you just don't understand" crap. YOU refuse to do it becasue you CAN'T explain your reasoning. Get the **** off your high horse. If I can civilly respond to a poster who makes threads all the time with nearly meaningless content staring with "WoW!" then you can explain why you think Elizabeth Warren would be "terror."

Sorry WaldoKitty. You and I have had our disagreements and I do want to take the time to say I genuinely enjoy sparring with you when you really spar back. Apologies for dragging you into this **** show

And, for what it's worth, my accusation of how post applies to far more than just you. Just to be clear, that I'm not singling you out for anything in particular.
You mad bro?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies