Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:27 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Only on the flyers we see a Muslim female with an American flag scarf.

Has anyone see any Muslim female wearing the american flag as a scarf and even if there is one, why isn't the majority not protesting and wearing the Americaan flag scarf?

I guess reality is different from what they want to portrait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 07:35 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Did you remember to wear your flag lapel pin today, Bentlebee?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:52 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Has anyone see any Muslim female wearing the american flag as a scarf and even if there is one, why isn't the majority not protesting and wearing the Americaan flag scarf?

?????

What????

Old 02-21-2017, 11:06 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:

Those millions of Muslims in America...just hate it here and can't wait to destroy it.

Wait, what?

Old 02-21-2017, 11:43 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
This is ones guy view........he shames capitalism, while without saying, okaying oppressed women in Islamic countries. If they're so proud of the hijab and their culture, why are so many trying to get to America?

JOOJOO AZAD |

1. Know that a hijab-wearing Muslim woman did not make this image. Actually, a woman didn't make this image at all. It was created by a white man: Shepard Fairey, artist & founder of the clothing brand OBEY, created this image from a photograph taken by Muslim-American photographer Ridwan Adhami. Were we unable to uplift the work of Muslim women instead? Are our images only able to be consumed when they are white-washed and sanitized?

Update/edit (1/24/17): I also learned that the woman originally photographed by Ridwan 10 years ago actually does not wear the hijab herself and rather just donned it for the purpose of creating this image, which is even more problematic.

2. Know that the hijab--for *me* at least--represents a rejection of materialism, of capitalism, of euro-centric beauty standards (among other significance) and draping an American flag over it erases almost everything the hijab means to me.

3. Know the American flag represents oppression, torture, sexual violence, slavery, patriarchy, and military & cultural hegemony for people of color around the world whose homes and families have been destroyed and drone-striked by the very person/former president whose campaign images this one seeks to replicate.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:29 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,050 times
Quote:

I've seen a few Muslim women wear it. I've seen Muslim women not wear it. I've seen Muslim women not wear the hijab at all.

What business is it of yours what they decide to wear or not to wear? Freedom of expression 101.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:32 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This is ones guy view........he shames capitalism, while without saying, okaying oppressed women in Islamic countries. If they're so proud of the hijab and their culture, why are so many trying to get to America?

JOOJOO AZAD |

1. Know that a hijab-wearing Muslim woman did not make this image. Actually, a woman didn't make this image at all. It was created by a white man: Shepard Fairey, artist & founder of the clothing brand OBEY, created this image from a photograph taken by Muslim-American photographer Ridwan Adhami. Were we unable to uplift the work of Muslim women instead? Are our images only able to be consumed when they are white-washed and sanitized?

Update/edit (1/24/17): I also learned that the woman originally photographed by Ridwan 10 years ago actually does not wear the hijab herself and rather just donned it for the purpose of creating this image, which is even more problematic.

2. Know that the hijab--for *me* at least--represents a rejection of materialism, of capitalism, of euro-centric beauty standards (among other significance) and draping an American flag over it erases almost everything the hijab means to me.

3. Know the American flag represents oppression, torture, sexual violence, slavery, patriarchy, and military & cultural hegemony for people of color around the world whose homes and families have been destroyed and drone-striked by the very person/former president whose campaign images this one seeks to replicate.
Awesome! "They" and googling the opinion you're searching for to extrapolate amongst all 1.6 Billion Muslims.

Strawmen, fear mongering and extreme xenophobia. The City-Data and Stormfront way!

Old 02-21-2017, 01:33 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
I've seen plenty of red blooded Americans wearing clothing with American flags, why do you single out a woman with a head scarf?

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 02-21-2017 at 02:56 PM..

Old 02-21-2017, 01:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Oh for chrissake--it's art by a famous street artist.

Is there a ban against art and street artists now? Are we turning into communist China? Can we still read books?

Who knows, maybe Bannon stuck an EO in front of Trump to sign and there is ban on culture coming.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:36 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
The left is barking but not one person comes back with a reasonable argument

Last edited by bentlebee; 02-21-2017 at 02:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies