Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times

Advertisements

I feel so sorry for his daughter. This is now a cult of Trump Worshipers: Pastor walks out on Trump’s ‘demonic’ Florida rally: ‘My 11-year-old daughter was sobbing in fear’

Does anyone remember Jim Jones or Charles Manson?? The brain is indeed gullible to Dictators, and many times there is the loss of life. Everyone must learn to hold on to their sanity.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:09 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Be afraid, be very afraid.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:09 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
yay, a facebook post. that's always enough to convince me of anything.

are those facebook pictures supposedly taken at the 'traumatizing' event? I fell asleep browsing thru them.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:12 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
C'mon, demonic? Really? Democrats are the party of science... let's not sink to bible thumping nonsense.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:15 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
I feel sorry for his daughter too. Taking her there was highly inappropriate if you ask me. Making an 11 year old stand for hours to see someone her father didn't even like .. as a 'civic's' lesson?

He didn't support Trump so his whole motivation is suspect anyway. And his imagination appears to have run wild in the attempt to have a 'story' to tell too. I somehow doubt that two Trump supporter women were telling him and his daughter to F off (even if he was not exactly wonderful himself). Just doesn't compute. And it doesn't seem to have been Trump himself that the guy was complaining about - it was the 'demonic' rally (which, by the way, started with Melania saying the Lord's Prayer).

First Church of the Nazarene eh? Evangelical .. and he talks about 'cult-like'? I guess I am a bit skeptical of his story.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:21 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Seems to me the pastor did not like Trump's co opting of religion. I agree with him on that and a number of points.

Trump does like to use the trappings of religion, cults and some good old fear mongering. The whole border BS is just one part of his bigger "scary world" Trump wants to build to help define himself as some sort of glorious leader who is the one, and the only one who will guide us through the dangers..

Trump is a despot, he is determined to redefine the USA into a fearful nation that cowers in fear of both internal and external enemies. Lucky enough we have a branch of government beyond his reach and they with our support and the help of the forth estate shall defeat Trump and Brannon's efforts to destroy the republic.

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I feel sorry for his daughter too. Taking her there was highly inappropriate if you ask me. Making an 11 year old stand for hours to see someone her father didn't even like .. as a 'civic's' lesson?

He didn't support Trump so his whole motivation is suspect anyway. And his imagination appears to have run wild in the attempt to have a 'story' to tell too. I somehow doubt that two Trump supporter women were telling him and his daughter to F off (even if he was not exactly wonderful himself). Just doesn't compute. And it doesn't seem to have been Trump himself that the guy was complaining about - it was the 'demonic' rally (which, by the way, started with Melania saying the Lord's Prayer).

First Church of the Nazarene eh? Evangelical .. and he talks about 'cult-like'? I guess I am a bit skeptical of his story.
I did hear something after the rally about the crowd being unruly and cult-like, so seeing this story today verifies what I heard. Now let us not think that this cult-like following does not happen. Being in denial is the first sign. I am all for peaceful demonstrations, but when you start lashing out at others due to their opposite beliefs-we will have a problem.

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I feel so sorry for his daughter. This is now a cult of Trump Worshipers: Pastor walks out on Trump’s ‘demonic’ Florida rally: ‘My 11-year-old daughter was sobbing in fear’

Does anyone remember Jim Jones or Charles Manson?? The brain is indeed gullible to Dictators, and many times there is the loss of life. Everyone must learn to hold on to their sanity.
Seems looking up this pastor.......he seems very connected to global outreach and getting Christians to understand Muslims. Possibly, he is not a pastor, at all!

The worst part is you and others love to make the people who voted for Trump to be all conservatives, get your head out of the sand. Being uneducated will be your downfall.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:22 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
C'mon, demonic? Really? Democrats are the party of science... let's not sink to bible thumping nonsense.
NEWSFLASH

Liberals come from all sorts of backgrounds. Some of them are even pastors and have very deep and abiding faith in their God(s).

Old 02-21-2017, 02:23 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems looking up this pastor.......he seems very connected to global outreach and getting Christians to understand Muslims. Possibly, he is not a pastor, at all!

The worst part is you and others love to make the people who voted for Trump to be all conservatives, get your head out of the sand. Being uneducated will be your downfall.
Yes because what Christian pastor would ever support brotherhood and love of all? CRAZY idea, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies