Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:58 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,194,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Have you read what she said, she would love to be rid of the school system -period ?
What I'm hearing is that teacher's unions cannot think outside the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How do you make changes with no money?
Fire some of the useless administrators...that'll free up money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As students flee the bad district, I'd bet that district would make changes to improve as the money began to disappear.
If they want to "stay in business" they will make changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 04:04 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,893,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What a load of hooey! Violence of Americans towards Americans knows no boundaries; certainly not along political affiliation lines and has been there since before "America".

Looking for an excuse to exercise your "civil war" genetic coding?

A reminder from the last election cycle:

Hate Religion Rears Its Ugly Head Again as Obama Hung in Effigy

Democratic National Committee staffer shot and killed in Washington | Fox News

Notice anything about this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...an_politicians

Waaaay more democrats murdered than Republicans. Just say'n
Its happening everyday and you guys are doing it your selves.
Your DNC staffer was more likely of a Clinton Hit. This guy was a Bernie supporter and to this day there is not so much a suspect.

To your Liberal protest is not pretty either. Burning American Flags and have hate pictures of Trump.

90 suspicious deaths of individuals close to bill clinton, 81 - Webs

http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/lib...y/bdycount.txt
  1. Cached
  2. Similar

It is beyond credibility that very many of these cases are coincidences. ... Attorney for 05/94 Suicide Alledgedly jumped out of a building to kill himself. ... Kevin Coney 1988-89 Murdered Six Ark. people who came forward with info about the ...You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 8/6/16

Old 02-22-2017, 04:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,511,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Why do you even care? An honest question---does anything that goes on here have a direct negative impact on your life? If so, I would be curious to know. I'm trying to think about anything that happens in Canada that would have a negative impact on my life---so far I can't think of one thing.

Back to you.
Open forum, just as it's open for Americans to post in the Canadian boards without being challenged by; "Why do you even care"?

You cannot seriously think that what happens in America, along with policies you enact do not have far reaching consequences, especially to your immediate neighbours. Nice segue to the implied insignifigance of Canada by the way.

Stifling of dissenting opinions becoming popular now in today's America?

Old 02-22-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Its happening everyday and you guys are doing it your selves.
Your DNC staffer was more likely of a Clinton Hit. This guy was a Bernie supporter and to this day there is not so much a suspect.

To your Liberal protest is not pretty either. Burning American Flags and have hate pictures of Trump.

90 suspicious deaths of individuals close to bill clinton, 81 - Webs

http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/lib...y/bdycount.txt
  1. Cached
  2. Similar

It is beyond credibility that very many of these cases are coincidences. ... Attorney for 05/94 Suicide Alledgedly jumped out of a building to kill himself. ... Kevin Coney 1988-89 Murdered Six Ark. people who came forward with info about the ...You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 8/6/16
I am aware of all of that and would only question why you buy into the hate and vilification of only one party? Why not demand better of both parties?

Surely you're aware both are complicit in nefarious behaviour.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:40 PM

35,742 posts, read 21,110,055 times
I do not think what happens in Canada affects us, but canadians spend way too much time and energy on us, and our politics. Many problems in Fl are rooted by the Canadian snow birds, and very opinionated they are. I'm not happy with the whole scenario, yet they jump in with the rebuts about our south of the border illegals.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:43 PM

45,250 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Quote:
I do not think what happens in Canada affects us, but canadians spend way too much time and energy on us, and our politics. Many problems in Fl are rooted by the Canadian snow birds, and very opinionated they are. I'm not happy with the whole scenario, yet they jump in with the rebuts about our south of the border illegals.
Would you like to expand the travel ban list to include Canada?

Old 02-22-2017, 04:54 PM

35,742 posts, read 21,110,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Would you like to expand the travel ban list to include Canada?
No, I love Tourists! They come, have fun, rest and Go home! Snow birds stay too long, get involved in our stuff, then leave the place empty for months. I rather have people come to stay be part of the community and put skin in the game. They do not fit that category, but have much to say... illegals are part of our area more than snow birds...

Old 02-22-2017, 05:23 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,606,537 times
Not sure if this was posted already but it concerns DeVos, she apparently disagreed with Sessions on the bathroom bill:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/u...=top-news&_r=0
Ms. DeVos initially resisted signing off on the order and told President Trump that she was uncomfortable with it, according to three Republicans with direct knowledge of the internal discussions.Mr. Sessions, who strongly opposes expanding gay, lesbian and transgender rights, fought Ms. DeVos on the issue and pressed her to relent because he could not go forward without her consent. The order must come from the Justice and Education Departments.But Mr. Trump sided with his attorney general, these Republicans said, telling Ms. DeVos in a meeting in the Oval Office on Tuesday that he wanted her to drop her objections. And Ms. DeVos, faced with the choice of resigning or defying the president, has agreed to go along. The Justice Department declined to comment on Wednesday.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:30 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,032,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Open forum, just as it's open for Americans to post in the Canadian boards without being challenged by; "Why do you even care"?

You cannot seriously think that what happens in America, along with policies you enact do not have far reaching consequences, especially to your immediate neighbours. Nice segue to the implied insignifigance of Canada by the way.

Stifling of dissenting opinions becoming popular now in today's America?
Touchy, touchy, touchy! Why so defensive? It's true that what happens in Canada has no direct effect on my daily life. There are many other countries in this world where the same could be said. How does it translate to Canada being insignificant?

Back to the subject at hand --- Do our education policies, for better or for worse, have any direct impact on your daily life?

Old 02-22-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
No, I love Tourists! They come, have fun, rest and Go home! Snow birds stay too long, get involved in our stuff, then leave the place empty for months. I rather have people come to stay be part of the community and put skin in the game. They do not fit that category, but have much to say... illegals are part of our area more than snow birds...
Uuuh; speaking only for Canadians you do know that the reason we leave is due to the 180 day assumed visitor visa and the IRS closer connection rules, do you not? Violation of either and it's game over.

Talking to all of the service personnel in Florida, one hears nothing but praise for the snowbirds and commensurate employment they bring, if only for 6 months of the year.

I can appreciate you not having a whole restaurant to yourself during happy hour in the winter as is the common scene in the summer months for many parts of Florida but you should be appreciative that restaurant probably wouldn't be there if it had to rely upon only the full time "natives".

Owning property in Florida and paying taxes for the full year along with not utilizing any one of your services other than recreation we pay for is what some would call skin in the game. What more, within your visa rules, could Canadians possibly do that would rise to that description for you?

As to the snow birds from within the U.S. I don't know what to say other than your citizens from wherever have and should have every right to travel and live wherever in the country they wish for however long they wish. Freedom has it's price and inconvenience to you might be one of those costs to accommodate your fellow citizens rights.

One must remember that opinions expressed on here are only opinions and as such have the weight and force of less than a microbe. That shouldn't however negate their offering.

You will note I expressly refrained from formulating any opinion as to Mrs D'Vos's policy statements or past history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies