Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Obama made it an issue..

Trump is just making it a non issue again at the federal level and sending it back to the states.
As a WaPo writer put it about Obama's directive:

“This is exactly the type of rule-by-fiat approach that has given rise to the frustration that has now produced Donald Trump.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2333d99a89ab

Obama stretched the law to accomplish a goal that couldn't be done the proper way, by Congress and state legislatures. Trump set things right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 11:51 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
No. It will be spun all sorts of ways by liberal media and activists but that's only because they aren't getting an easy way to whatever they want. What they want may or may not happen, but it's not up to the President to decide.

There is so much wrong with the way some things are just pushed onto schools using Title IX as an excuse. This needs to be reviewed and revamped because, like always, we are twisting something to mean what it was never meant to address.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:59 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
"As president, I will do everything in my power to protect LGBTQ citizens"

- Trump at RNC
If he's like me he probably means LG with T tagging along only because Obama made a mistake with his school edict. Equality isn't equal when it infringes on the rights of others so sometimes there is only so much laws can do, society itself has to accept or reject, so he's doing the exact right and legal thing with this.

None of the other letters even matter when it comes to equal protections.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:18 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If he's like me he probably means LG with T tagging along only because Obama made a mistake with his school edict. Equality isn't equal when it infringes on the rights of others so sometimes there is only so much laws can do, society itself has to accept or reject, so he's doing the exact right and legal thing with this.

None of the other letters even matter when it comes to equal protections.
What rights were being infringed upon with allowing trans people to use the bathroom of their choice? All of this could be easily solved by just making all bathrooms unisex. Everywhere else in the world has them. Why don't we?

Because 'Murica, that's why.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:52 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What rights were being infringed upon with allowing trans people to use the bathroom of their choice? All of this could be easily solved by just making all bathrooms unisex. Everywhere else in the world has them. Why don't we?

Because 'Murica, that's why.
I am not sure if I understood this discussion or issue properly. By reading this I have realized my thoughts are some what closer to conservatives. I feel uncomfortable to use bathroom when there are woman. I think most of the woman think that way. I don't like having unisex bathrooms where man and women together using them. They just needs to build unisex or family bathroom which can be used one family/person at time for transgender rather than change it for everyone else. I am a minority guy suppose to be supporting democrats. I came from a area where there are separate coaches for woman in trains and separate entrance in buses to help them feel comfortable.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:18 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I can see that this "issue" greatly concerns you.

Me? I think the total number of trans people is a comparative thimbleful.

I really don't give a flip. I don't see it as anything for conservos to get their knickers in a knot over, but they sure are yipping and yapping over it.

SO insecure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Should such ainisxule portion wag the tail of an entire society and make them uncomfortable?

I say that kind of reasoning is flawed, severely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
yep , but not short term. It removes his ability to lie and claim he is not against the lgbt community

Is Trump planning to ban gay martiage? I don't get why gays are lumped in with the transgenders

Old 02-23-2017, 02:16 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
As a WaPo writer put it about Obama's directive:

“This is exactly the type of rule-by-fiat approach that has given rise to the frustration that has now produced Donald Trump.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2333d99a89ab

Obama stretched the law to accomplish a goal that couldn't be done the proper way, by Congress and state legislatures. Trump set things right.

The writer is 100% correct.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:31 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Right...
It's a mental condition. Committed or not, it's is all in their mind.
It's not considered a mental illness.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:35 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
what do you think
No, why should it?

The president should have no say over state run, public schools, or any other public or private bathroom, or shower, etc...

0bama overstepped his authority, I'm glad that tyrant of out of office, now it's time to rescind a lot of the crap he did while in office.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:39 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
It's kinda ironic. People call Trump a "fascist", yet, he wants to REDUCE federal mandated laws for micromanaging things like this...which is the opposite of being a fascist, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies