Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 01:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Let's remember that this redefinition was done for reasons of political correctness, not reality. So it is a mental disorder, whether psychologists describe it correctly or not. It doesn't change from being what it is because we give it a new name.

And let's not forget that many TG are pissed off about this reclassification, because it will be harder for them to score free medical care dollars from insurance companies. They want us to pay for their self-mutilations, but if it's not a disorder then damn!
My relative paid for their entire transformation and surgery HERself. So you don't speak for all of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The "list" has no authority over reality.

What a ridiculous appeal to authority!

The authorities say it's not a mental illness, and they're always right!

Never mind that five years ago they said the opposite. They were right then, too!
So you know better than a doctor? Do you have a medical degree? Did you take the MCAT? Did you even go to medical school?

Old 02-25-2017, 02:11 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
My relative paid for their entire transformation and surgery HERself. So you don't speak for all of them!
That's the way it should be. It is basically cosmetic surgery, but I am fine if the person pays for it on their own. I don't want insurance to cover this, and I certainly don't want my tax dollars used for it.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:25 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
No it is not the same. BDSM is a sexual thing meant to stay behind closed doors. There is nothing sexual about Transgender/Transsexual individuals just wanting to use the bathroom of the sex they are transitioning to.
Its not all about or only about sex for many people who practice it as a 24/7 lifestyle.

So why would you be opposed to them having the right to freely express the non-sexual rituals they engage in.

What if they engage in controlling the bathroom use of their slave? Would you be ok with the Master going into the ladies room with his slave if she is only allowed to relieve herself with his permission or in his presence without closing the stall door as she is not allowed privacy. All of which is designed as a statement of power over her, not sex. Same question in reverse re a Dominatrix and a male slave.

I think not lol. Who the heck wants to have to explain that to children in the same restroom. And what ordinary person wouldn't feel uncomfortable or threatened by it.

What if they demanded the right to feed their slave how they want in a restaurant and have their slave kneel on the floor and eat out of a bowl like a dog or have morsels of food hand fed to them while kneeling on the floor. No restaurant would put up with that.

And, even if I agreed with you that its all sexual, what if they demanded that sex education include their version of sexuality? I think virtually no one would agree with that, even though the majority of these people would tell you they had these proclivities from childhood or as long as they can remember.

What about those people who think they are really animals? Do they get a cage at the zoo at taxpayer expense? No....they put on their "furry" costumes and go hang out with other like minded people.

The country cannot possibly legitimize, spend funds on, and/or take up huge swaths of national debate with every condition (whether the result of nature, nurture or anything else) that results from the human experience.

So, back to my original point, which is that a certain point people need to address their own issues themselves and the local people they interact with.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:54 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasb View Post
just taken from Twitter under a trending hashtag.

this is the face of normality, this is what 'tolerance' has brought us:

Grotesque of course, but we still learn something. For example, now I know that lobotomy is part of sexual reassignment surgery in some cases. Damn...

Old 02-25-2017, 02:58 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasb View Post
just taken from Twitter under a trending hashtag.

this is the face of normality, this is what 'tolerance' has brought us:
The red lipstick looks good on him. I just don't look right in red lipstick.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:08 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
It's not considered a mental illness anymore
Did not say it was an ILLNESS, but that the issue was mental, not plumbing related.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Did not say it was an ILLNESS, but that the issue was mental, not plumbing related.
It can be in the case of a hermaphrodite or someone born XXY (it happens) just as examples

Old 02-25-2017, 06:32 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Meet the 52 Year-Old Father Who Identifies As a 6 Year-Old Girl | Mediaite

Liberals world everyone

Old 02-25-2017, 06:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
It's the minorist of minor issues that should never have been thrust onto the public the way Obama did it. So no. Sure there will be yelling, the loudest yellers in fact. That's just how it is.

America, for the most part, is not a gender bending country. We just get fed a steady diet of it on tv and from the media because it get's eyes on it. Like Aliens and Bat Boy used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies