Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 08:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
So he's undoing a mandate that Obama signed that enraged everyone, and its going to harm him? Uh no. He's taking government out of places it has no business, and putting it rightly in the hands of the states and schools.

Love how everyone is trying to create fake news. Keep trying.
nailed it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 08:58 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
So because they are a "tiny minority", they shouldn't get rights or protections?
No one is taking away their rights which they never had before Obama decided to cater to them. Their wanting to use any bathroom wasn't a right until Obama said it was. I guess 99.8% of the American public doesn't matter to you. Sure force the liberal ideal utopia down everyone's throats.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:03 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Bathroom bills...

The GOP's proudest accomplishment.

No, wasn't that Obama's biggest accomplishment? Trump simply undid what Obama did and passed it to the states as it should have been all along.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Obama made it an issue..
N Carolina made it an issue.

Quote:
Trump is just making it a non issue again at the federal level and sending it back to the states.
So the GOP states can go back to snooping under restroom stalls.

Carry on.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:23 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Lets see... Obama violated the Constitution by trying to force the states. Trump follows the Constiuttion by leaving the matter to the states.

Not sure how it could hurt him unless... one is an idiot or a communist.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:26 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,791,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think that if you're trans, you should be allowed to use the facilities that most closely resemble your external gender identity.

So, if you're a guy (transwoman) and you dress like a woman and people generally think you are a woman, you should use the women's facilities.

Reverse that if you're a transmale.

I don't think people should get to choose facilities on a whim because it's inconsiderate of the other people using the facility, but I doubt that is generally the case.
While I agree with this sentiment, the problem is we are dealing with children. So are little boys dressing like girls allow them into the girls bathroom?

Old 02-23-2017, 09:28 AM

29,501 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Nope, you're somehow misinformed, let's say.

Obama issued an EO in response to Pub state legislatures passing their cherished bathroom bills. tRump now cancelled it so that Pubs can now go ahead with more critical restroom rules.

It's just curious to me how the Pubs want to "keep the gummint outta my life" while at the same time thrusting their heads into everyone else's crotch.

So insecure.

Really ? None of this business was an issue until whom ?

As far as the State dealing with it or the Feds, I don't know what the right call is.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:31 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
N Carolina made it an issue.

So the GOP states can go back to snooping under restroom stalls.
Once again, for those who don't know. This isn't only about bathrooms. It's also about multiple occupancy open changing/locker/shower rooms in schools, park districts, state parks... any public facility.

Why are so many of you 'pretending' that a "transgender choice" law or policy doesn't open girls/women's facilities to ANY male (whether transgender, gay, straight, or sex offender) who wants to mix and mingle with half-dressed or naked young girls and women in women's multiple occupancy locker/shower rooms, and change and/or shower naked with them at will, no questions asked?

Do you have a problem living in reality?

Don't believe it happens? See the NYC case I posted (TIME Magazine).

Old 02-23-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Really ? None of this business was an issue until whom ?
See post #74 above.

Quote:
As far as the State dealing with it or the Feds, I don't know what the right call is.
How about dealing with some REAL issues instead of picking on confused kids in schools?

Old 02-23-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Once again, for those who don't know. This isn't only about bathrooms. It's also about multiple occupancy open changing/locker/shower rooms in schools, park districts, state parks... any public facility.

Why are so many of you 'pretending' that a "transgender choice" law or policy doesn't open girls/women's facilities to ANY male (whether transgender, gay, straight, or sex offender) who wants to mix and mingle with half-dressed or naked young girls and women in women's multiple occupancy locker/shower rooms, and change and/or shower naked with them at will, no questions asked?

Do you have a problem living in reality?

Don't believe it happens? See the NYC case I posted (TIME Magazine).
I can see that this "issue" greatly concerns you.

Me? I think the total number of trans people is a comparative thimbleful.

I really don't give a flip. I don't see it as anything for conservos to get their knickers in a knot over, but they sure are yipping and yapping over it.

SO insecure.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies