Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 08:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Regardless, this is honestly about politics. I can remember Democrats saying they were embarrassed by George Bush as well.
Bush was very unpopular globally (after Iraq), especially in Europe, and it affected how the world viewed US as a nation (nosedive), and some people found that embarrassing.

We can say we don't care how others view us, but many want US to be seen as the bright beacon on a hill like Ronald Reagan said. Reagan also made US look like a beacon, which made people feel good to be Americans.

Trump is making US look like the tower of Mordor, and some people don't like that.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:46 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Americans are embarrassed by him, and its only been one month....

Nearly 60% are embarrassed, including majority of Independents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5696bd3061da

Two polls released this week offer that downside to President Trump. New surveys from Quinnipiac University and McClatchy-Marist reveal that Trump — never terribly popular nationally — continues to be seen as dishonest, a poor leader and unstable.

What’s more, the U.S. is embarrassed by him.
I'm more embarrassed by how people have been acting up from the day he won. Rioting, burning cars, destroying buildings, shouting down other views, calling for impeachment even before he was in office... etc.

Quite a display of characters rather than character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I was neither embarrassed by Obama, nor am I embarrassed by Trump.

And while I understand why many people are embarrassed by Trump. I think there are good reasons to have felt embarrassed by Obama.
THAT ^^^^^ is more likely how most Americans feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
100% of thinking Americans are embarrassed by Trump.
THAT ^^^^^ is how Progressives view anyone that disagrees with them, and why they lost the election.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:46 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
the fatter he gets the more ridiculous he looks in his ill fitting suits, hardly presidential

#givinghowardtaftarunforthemoney

Old 02-23-2017, 08:48 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
Not

Old 02-23-2017, 08:48 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'm more embarrassed by how people have been acting up from the day he won. Rioting, burning cars, destroying buildings, shouting down other views, calling for impeachment even before he was in office... etc.

Quite a display of characters rather than character.
This.

I'm more embarrassed of how the media is portraying everything and creating a false hysteria than what Trump is doing.

I mean, it's DONALD TRUMP! LOL.

I really don't get why people act like they never knew who the guy was before this election. He's a loudmouth, brash, billionaire. It's like if Vince McMahon became the President.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:49 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,552 times
Is that the same poll that said Hillary would be our next president?

Old 02-23-2017, 08:50 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This.

I'm more embarrassed of how the media is portraying everything and creating a false hysteria than what Trump is doing.

I mean, it's DONALD TRUMP! LOL.

I really don't get why people act like they never knew who the guy was before this election. He's a loudmouth, brash, billionaire. It's like if Vince McMahon became the President.
Agreed

Old 02-23-2017, 08:51 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You know what's not-so-funny...America had that moron Obama running around the world blaming the US for the world's evils and apologizing for everything that happened even before Columbus arrived, and not once did the polls ask if we were embarrassed about Obama's behavior. I wonder why?
LOL, becuase Obama didn't do that.Educate yourself a little more and things like this won't happen to you.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:10 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Americans are embarrassed by him, and its only been one month....

Nearly 60% are embarrassed, including majority of Independents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5696bd3061da

Two polls released this week offer that downside to President Trump. New surveys from Quinnipiac University and McClatchy-Marist reveal that Trump — never terribly popular nationally — continues to be seen as dishonest, a poor leader and unstable.

What’s more, the U.S. is embarrassed by him.
Obviously Trump cultists on this board view this as fake news. If the poll doesn't praise their Dear Leader, it can't possibly be accurate.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:11 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Is that the same poll that said Hillary would be our next president?
No, it's the poll that said she'd win the popular vote by a record amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies