Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:44 AM

15,656 posts, read 10,432,407 times

Advertisements

The poll seems to be consistent with others. Republicans are very happy with Trump. Democrats are prostrate with unhappiness that they lost and Trump won. If Hillary had won, the reverse would have been true. The country is divided and we all know that. It has been for several years.

I'm not sure why it makes you and others feel better to post these kind of polls every other day. The Republicans have majorities in Washington, Governorships, and Statehouses. No matter how many Democrats hate the results of the last elections or Trump, the voters have spoken.

The constant haranguing by the Leftist press and the Far Left protesters reflects great disrespect and disregard for the American voters, who made their choice clear under the rules.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:45 AM

33,594 posts, read 18,223,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
I'll like to see you laugh when your water supply is populated from coal dumping or you lose your healthcare coverage...

Funny how people are so quick to attack Liberals when they aren't yet directly affected by the orange wrecking ball in the White House.
The most embassassing president was Bill Clinton. The world whispered and laughed as Clintons sexcapades in the White House was known around the world. I cringed while Clinton went to another country. And the liberal left wanted to put this embassassment back into the White House.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:47 AM

40,976 posts, read 49,312,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm not sure why it makes you and others feel better to post these kind of polls every other day. The country is divided. The Republicans have majorities in Washington, Governorships, and Statehouses. No matter how many Democrats hate the results of the last elections or Trump, the voters have spoken.
Somewhere there's a poll that says Trumps feet stink. You'll see it here tomorrow.

Dems are desperate.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:49 AM

17,154 posts, read 12,999,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You know what's not-so-funny...America had that moron Obama running around the world blaming the US for the world's evils and apologizing for everything that happened even before Columbus arrived, and not once did the polls ask if we were embarrassed about Obama's behavior. I wonder why?
Because Obama wasn't embarrassing.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 AM

40,976 posts, read 49,312,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Because Obama wasn't embarrassing.
You're right. His apology tours were more like discusting,

Old 02-23-2017, 09:54 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,926,762 times
A majority of Americans are embarrassed by President Trump

"Half" of Donald Trump's supporters are "deplorables," meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

He's not and never will be a president for "all" the people as he continues to attempt at making America Great Again.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:56 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,231,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Bush was very unpopular globally (after Iraq), especially in Europe, and it affected how the world viewed US as a nation (nosedive), and some people found that embarrassing.

We can say we don't care how others view us, but many want US to be seen as the bright beacon on a hill like Ronald Reagan said. Reagan also made US look like a beacon, which made people feel good to be Americans.

Trump is making US look like the tower of Mordor, and some people don't like that.

I could care less if other countries like us. And I could care less if you like me.

In fact, I kind of like that you don't like me, considering I don't really like you, and if it were up to me, we would never share the same country.

If the goal of a country, or a person, should be focused only on doing what others want, then he has disallowed himself the right to his own opinion, to have his own feelings. He has ceased to be an individual, or a sovereign nation.

That isn't to say that I want people to dislike me. But keep in mind, other countries like us only insofar as we are beneficial to them.

If Trump did what the majority of the world wanted him to do, then the majority of the world would love him. But what the majority of the world wants, should not dictate the actions of this country.

If China hates me because I'm not doing want they want, why should I care? And likewise, why should they care if I don't like what they are doing?

This whole business is absurd.

You should always do what you think is right. If Sweden doesn't like it, they can go to hell.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:57 AM

6,268 posts, read 5,085,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He wasn't embarrassing.

I was embarrassed by Obama when his SofS stood awkwardly beside a bald and aging folk singer who sang "You've got a friend" as France was shell shocked by the violence and murder of its citizens by radical terrorists.

I was embarrassed by Obama when he stood on the world stage and insulted American citizens with accusations that they were afraid of "women and orphans"

I was embarrassed by Obama when he said that climate change was the greatest threat facing the world.

I was embarrassed by Obama when he tasked the NASA head with working to establish better relations with the Muslim world.

I was embarrassed by Obama when he tried to shame African Americans into voting for a deeply flawed female candidate who was the "most qualified candidate in the history of this country"

I was embarrassed with the apology tour, the red line ignored and BLM meeting at the WH and the police acting stupidly and the lies about Obamacare and the racism in our hearts at the funeral of multiple assassinated officers.

To name just a few. So many things over so many years.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:57 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,786,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And 80% of us think Hillary's taste in clothes is embarrassing but it meant nothing during her career.

I'm not embarrassed for Trump. Love the fact he makes Libs crazy enough to start stupid threads like this one.
Do you care about other nations? The UK not wanting him to speak to Parliament? That Sweden questions what he is talking about? That so many countries have made videos making fun of Trump? That doesn't bother you at all?

Old 02-23-2017, 09:59 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,794,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He's very PC since he attacks anyone who dare criticizes him. And while you guys who haven't left your podunk rural villages might not care about our reputation in the world, we're not an isolationist country and destroying our alliances and making the world hate us even more will only cause more problems, not less.
Quote:
Obviously Trump cultists on this board view this as fake news. If the poll doesn't praise their Dear Leader, it can't possibly be accurate.
Podunk Rural Villiages. Cultists. References to Chairman Mao. Someone must have woke up cranky.

Stomping one's foot isn't going to stop this Bullet Train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.