Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Legalize nationally 132 57.89%
Ban nationally 20 8.77%
Let states decide; federal government shouldn't interfere 76 33.33%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:20 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Just wait until you see the price tag for the private prisons to hold all the illegal detainees and the arrests from from this new 'crackdown' on Marijuana, this administration is going to give a new meaning to "mass incarceration" .And before you jump in to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, look at the stock market movement for CCA & GEO since Trump was elected. Pick the days when he delivers news about the possibility of large number of people being locked up and these two stocks (largest prison corporations in the US) move in lockstep.

https://www.google.com/search?q=geo+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=geo+...&q=cca+stock&*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
it's about what he controls-- if he has any group wanting any special rights that do not align with him, he is going to blow them out of the water--- you watch, little by little his agenda will be to kill all the diversity- & special interest of the people - I have figured out-- the trumpettes are really the "control freaks" - and they have their man at the wheel--
True, but didn't anyone tell him that a significant number of Republicans support legalization of Marijuana (42%) as well as an overwhelming majority of Independents (70%) Support for Legal Marijuana Use Up to 60% in U.S. | Gallup

Old 02-24-2017, 07:30 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
True, but didn't anyone tell him that a significant number of Republicans support legalization of Marijuana (42%) as well as an overwhelming majority of Independents (70%) Support for Legal Marijuana Use Up to 60% in U.S. | Gallup
does not matter-- it does not align with the controllers-- no drugs, no booze, no ciggies, -- only sex and potty mouth

Old 02-24-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
does not matter-- it does not align with the controllers-- no drugs, no booze, no ciggies, -- only sex and potty mouth
that's probably true

Old 02-24-2017, 08:14 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdad View Post
I thought that Republicans were for "State's rights." Is it only when it is for something they approve of?
I thought you were for Federal laws being enforced? Is it only when it is something Democrats approve of?

I'm loving Trump. I'm not a marijuana smoker and actually hate the way the stuff makes me feel. So, I have zero desire or attraction to marijuana. I never think of it. An entire garage or huge duplex could be filled with garbage bags full of it and not a single thought--nor desire--would come to my mind to smoke even a single joint of it.

The only thought that might come to my mind with that massive quantity is to sell it. To weed heads.

But I probably wouldn't do that as to not break the law.

So, arresting marijuana smoker's does not effect me. Can't do the time, don't do the crime. But marijuana smoker's just can't help themselves, even in the face of going to jail they still have to smoke their ganja So they can get high as a kite.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:18 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
This is just being mean..there is no reason for it. I don't smoke weed but really this administration just can't keep their slimy fingers out of anything

And Melissa McCarthy...I mean Sean Spicer claims they are doing this to fight opioid addiction
It's more than "just being mean"-it's doing the JOB of the executive branch. Which is enforcing the law. Guess what? Weed is still illegal at the federal level. I think that's stupid and a waste of money to try to enforce pot laws. But the problem isn't the fact that he is doing his job-it is that such a law exists in the first place. The easy solution? Convince congress to change the law. Which IS their job.

But hey, what fun are facts when you're just looking for an excuse to bash Trump.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:31 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
If Trump thinks he can put the genie back in the bottle with weed, he's delusional. A dumb issue to get caught up in ....it's a state issue.

The problem is that some states will not manage their own affairs on certain issues and federal regulations and enforcement is necessary. Such as southern states on civil rights and some red states regarding environmental protection, because the state governments are corrupt and in the pocket of miners and oil producers. Obviously some states, sadly my own, are willing to let marijuana become legal and federal action is all there is to stop it.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
This is just being mean..there is no reason for it. I don't smoke weed but really this administration just can't keep their slimy fingers out of anything
Highly misleading. Spicer has no authority to do anything.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's more than "just being mean"-it's doing the JOB of the executive branch. Which is enforcing the law. Guess what? Weed is still illegal at the federal level. I think that's stupid and a waste of money to try to enforce pot laws. But the problem isn't the fact that he is doing his job-it is that such a law exists in the first place. The easy solution? Convince congress to change the law. Which IS their job.
But hey, what fun are facts when you're just looking for an excuse to bash Trump.
That's not quite a 'fact' there are thousands of laws that are not enforced for a number of reasons. Please don't act like this is some noble act of this dysfunctional administration because it's not. My guess is that this is a big wet kiss to Jeff Sessions who says that "good people don't smoke marijuana", in all likelihood it's probably a quid pro quo in which Sessions has promised that DOJ won't prosecute Trump for his Russian connections if he gets to go after all those awful pot smokers.

And no one needs to look for an excuse to bash Trump, he creates new reasons every single day without any help, his ability to continue committing unforced errors is just amazing.
Trump tried to bury an intelligence report that found no evidence of extra threat posed by travel-ban nations & intelligence agencies are disturbed that Trump demands a report that fits his conclusions rather than let the conclusions be drawn from the evidence. WH request for report to back travel ban prompts dissent, concern among some intel officials - CNNPolitics.com

White House Asked FBI To Publicly Refute Reports Trump Associates Had Russia Contacts White House Asked FBI To Publicly Refute Reports Trump Associates Had Russia Contacts : NPR

White House asks Commitee chairs Nunes and Burr to downplay the NY Times story about contacts with Russians during the campaign to reporters http://https://www.washingtonpost.co...=.81c8fb667e1c

Trump is truly the gift that keeps on giving

Old 02-24-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Highly misleading. Spicer has no authority to do anything.
Who said that he did???? He speaks for the administration, they wind him up and tell him what to say and he goes out there and says it. If he misrepresented the Administration on this issue, why haven't they walked it back?

Last edited by 2sleepy; 02-24-2017 at 09:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies