Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:44 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I would love to see SSI, Medicare and the Department of Education removed. It is not under the authority of the Federal government to institute such.

But lets be honest, the above post is a lie, it is propaganda designed to influence stupid people.

Are you people stupid? Progressives think you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ x10
Bully for you both^^ Because you can fend for yourself. Problem is over 85% of American's can. Me thinks you wish to go back to pre-Wall Street Crash of the 30's. That when only the Rich thrived and the rest of America were starving!! Love it when entitled ones show their true colours

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
This has to be the most ignorant post.

I stand corrected. This is more ignorant.
You my dearest belong right along with the first two quoted posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Don't need Medicare.

Daughter goes to parochial school.

And I don't pay into social security.

Win win.
Bully for you!! Lucky Ducky.. so glad you lived under the protection of such a wonderful umbrella of $$$ that protected you from harsh reality of living day to day! Most Don't!!

When will the elitist realize that without the workers who struggle everyday to make ends meet area the ones who actually PUT all those dollars and profits into their pockets?? Without them, your $$ will be worthless! Worthless because without $$ spent into the economy that purchases products and services.. You rich types will go bankrupt pretty quick!!

Most of you were NOT around back in the 1930's... but I was brought up by parents who were.. so learned just how and why working class were directly affected by out of control Elitists who crashed the world economy of those days! In fact, the pre-crash times reflect precisely the attitudes I'm reading here!!

Quote:
Great Depression in 1930s
The Great Depression was a severe worldwide economic depression in the 1930s. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations; however, in most countries it started in 1929 and lasted until the late 1930s. It was the longest, deepest, and most widespread depression of the 20th century.
Great Depression - Wikipedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 04:55 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Funny but I know owners of many small businesses that had to close up shop due to over regulating, changes to those regulations on a yearly basis costing them money to update yet again, the ACA, tax increases ect...

I'm sure the liberals won't lose sleep over 50-100 individuals losing their jobs at small companies due to these things - but at least Trump is moving in the right direction and hopefully people will again feel confident to start up new businesses.
Yeah, near us, there are a couple of small businesses who have tried starting up and closed quickly. They didn't understand how their type of business works, expected to be able to take money back out immediately, and expected stuff like lots of customers with no advertising, signage, or even a working phone. One of them even left the signage of the previous failed business, so hardly anyone stopped in because they thought it was still the prior lousy business that had failed a few months before they moved in.

The failures were due to the lack of understanding on the part of the owners, not because of regulation. No amount of changing or removing regs is going to make people smarter about starting and running businesses.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:56 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't have health insurance.
Are you the poster who plans to sell his airplane if they has a medical emergency?

Old 02-25-2017, 05:49 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
The State of North Carolina forces me to buy my electricity from Duke Energy, a publicly traded company.
Then let that be the only publicly traded corporation you deal with.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:35 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Are you the poster who plans to sell his airplane if they has a medical emergency?
No, T-310's got a trust fund. Apparently he thinks everyone else does too. He simply cannot grasp the fact that everyday life for most people isn't like it is in his world where the money is just handed to him without any effort on his part.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:35 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
We pay for education through our property taxes. Btw, the average pay of a teacher in my city is over 90,000/year.
Not classroom teachers. Administrators?

Old 02-25-2017, 08:56 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Amazing how after all these years the corporate elite can still convince their voters via their Republican puppets that lowering the corporate tax rate across the board is the solution to the problem of economic growth, when there is nothing over the past four decades of reducing taxes on the 1 percent that demonstrates a positive trickle down effect.

Giving more money to the richest members of society does however give them more money to buy elections, buy judges, buy politicians, buy think tanks, media institutions, and change not only the narrative of economic reality, but shift massively the relative power of organized capital vs. backpeddling defensive and largely deciminated/disorganized labor.

So while corporations continue merging and acquiring and lobbying for their additional sources of crony capitalist funding, the average worker bee in the global and domestic economy is left wondering, can I ever get a break from the monotony of working more and more for less and less in the new Golden Age of Rule by the Predatory Capitalism of the 1 percent?
You said it far better than I ever could. This is exactly correct.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:12 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellGuy View Post
Hell, even this Trump supporter thinks that's propaganda (to suggest the Repubs want to end any of that stuff).
Have you noticed that the surplus at the beginning of the Bush administration became incredible deficits by the end of that same administration. Those deficits didn't magically end on Obama's inauguration. The Bush recession was just getting under way at that point as well as the war deficits.

The beauty of the Republican plan is to do this without getting the blame. In spite of figures to the contrary, they blame the Democrats for the deficits. Take a look at the deficit stats in the video in post #1.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 02-26-2017 at 06:44 AM..

Old 02-26-2017, 06:23 AM

Many of you look at Social Security as a ponzi scheme. Many of you would like to have private accounts where you manage your investments. That doesn't always work out. Life may show you how some economic calamity could wipe out half your savings.

How many of you have a degree in finance? Trump just signed an executive order relieving your financial manager of a fiduciary obligation. What if the government decides that the way out of a monster deficit is to induce hyper inflation? You will be so busy dodging problems at work that you won't notice that your retirement savings are reduced to the value of a Mercedes C class. Try to live on that for 20 years.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 02-26-2017 at 06:45 AM..

Old 02-26-2017, 06:25 AM

Watch the video. That graph near the beginning is accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies