Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 05:16 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Maybe if this jackass president wasnt so offensive that even corporations feel the need to react, it would never have gotten this far.

In the meantime, I spend a lot more time at Nordstrom now. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 05:21 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
this shut your mouth is getting Old--I am going to talk until I die about anything I want- period- I do not live in Cuba or N Korea, Russia or even China... and Furthermore, going to talk to all I meet-- chat- copy and paste- FBook- Instagram- TWEET and so forth -that I am not at all pleased with some of the policies of this administration--
found a new cable channel - FREE SPEECH TV - never saw that before But I wonder if soon have to write on little pieces of paper in Pig Latin to pass the news??

Old 02-25-2017, 05:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Several stories from people who have had enough with these corporations engaging in politics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...643_story.html
All of my Facebook friends have said they have cut up their Nordstom cards.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:31 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You need to find more fashionable friends.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:37 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
*Yawn*
Yeah, you may be yawning now but just wait until his fanatical lapdogs are forced to prove their loyalty by purchasing Mr. Bannon's soon to be offered clothing line, you just wait, you'll be sorry & you'll soon learn to regret your .....*Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz * ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzz

Old 02-25-2017, 05:45 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
I wish I have a Nordstrom card to cut. I wish I still shop at Nordstrom like I used to shop so I can claim I'm not shopping there. Maybe I get some of Ivanka Trump perfume online somewhere just to show them.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:49 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Yeah, you may be yawning now but just wait until his fanatical lapdogs are forced to prove their loyalty by purchasing Mr. Bannon's soon to be offered clothing line, you just wait, you'll be sorry & you'll soon learn to regret your .....*Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz * ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzz
YIKES !!!!! My eyes hurt just thinking about a Bannon clothing line. Despite his considerable wealth (and he is very wealthy) the man dresses like a hobo. Even by 'rich guy's who don't dress that way" standards, the man looks like a sartorial train-wreck. Maybe he needs to get himself a Nordy's card.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:53 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yep we (mostly wife) have spend tons at Nordstrom over the years and now we are going elsewhere...same for Starbucks.
According to Nordstrom:
"In a statement, the Nordstrom representative said that Ivanka Trump products were being dropped because of poor sales."
Besides, Ivanka Trump's clothing line is manufactured in China, Trump is encouraging American companies to support American workers, so you should be happy Nordstrom is dropping it, yes?

Old 02-25-2017, 05:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't mind anyone talking about anything but the problem with corporations making political statements is that their employees and customers aren't taken into consideration. It's annoying and not something I care to deal with when I go to buy pants or coffee or WHATEVER. It makes me think less of them no matter what they are supporting because in my head all I see is pandering, either to me (insulting) or people who aren't me (also insulting). I don't see the upside to companies making public proclamations other than to get publicity for themselves or stir the social pot.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:58 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Well that's good. Maybe now Nordstrom's can cut the mumu, chubby and plus sizes... Should free up a good amount of sales floor space I shouldn't wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies