Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:03 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times

Advertisements

The effort to bring the troops home from IRAQ and Afghanistan results into more troops being deployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 12:04 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Unless my friend is lying, or her husband is lying to her, there have been boots on the ground in Yemen during 2016 prior to the election.
The story in May 2016 makes it clear these were intelligence officers, not combat troops involved with raids.

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Of course he is hurting, there is nothing worse than a parent outliving a child. And there your child whether they're 13 years old or 50 years old.

However the son chose to go into the military and went into what is a very respected but also highly dangerous team. The father who is a military man himself seems to not acknowledge the risk of what his son was involved in.

Not exactly the days of Vietnam where young men were sent to fight in a situation they had no choice in. I could see someone not wanting than President Nixon at the ceremony.

Nobody likes to hear about a police officer killed on the job, but let's be real it's less shocking than hearing about an accountant being shot dead.
He did not appreciate how Trump treated a Gold Star family (the Khans) and chose not to be a political prop for him. That is his right.

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
There appears to be some evidence that under the Obama administration the planning stages of the operation were moving very cautiously to ensure a safe and successful raid. Trump is big on the military since of course he is a veteran of a rich kid's military school.

My judgement is that once Trump got into office he rushed the operation without much due deliberation just like he did with travel ban to make some headlines and make himself look good with his base who like his flag waving pro military and anti Muslim stance. Rambo Trump failed and a young service man died and his family is devastated.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:05 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
there appears to be some evidence that under the obama administration the planning stages of the operation were moving very cautiously to ensure a safe and successful raid. Trump is big on the military since of course he is a veteran of a rich kid's military school.

My judgement is that once trump got into office he rushed the operation without much due deliberation just like he did with travel ban to make some headlines and make himself look good with his base who like his flag waving pro military and anti muslim stance. Rambo trump failed and a young service man died and his family is devastated.
exactly.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:06 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Really!!!????

How about that isis, is the jv team!

Do you think the intel agnecies told obama to say isis was the jv team or was it valerie jarrett??? No, that wasn't a lie!

What about the guys who were killed at benghazi and being told it was a video and hillary esentially saying the families lied about their conversation with her. The perps location known to news agencies but not to obama's intell agencies. No lie there. Well maybe just to fit the narrative obama was big on terror and the 'world is a more traquil place', because of obama's ME policies. Lies to get re-elected.

where was the investigation after the seal team went down under suspicious circumstances?????

"Families of Navy SEALs killed in 2011 attack say government is to blame"
What about that devil snake that got Eve to eat the apple?

I mean, let the blaming start at the beginning!

Old 02-26-2017, 12:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I would love to bring them all home. My son included. It is a futile effort to attempt to help democratize such a backward society. But we are there and "bring them all home" won't work.
Of course it will. It did in Vietnam. How many soldiers are getting killed there?

Old 02-26-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The story in May 2016 makes it clear these were intelligence officers, not combat troops involved with raids.
You can buy the spin if you like but we have NO business having anyone there.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
There appears to be some evidence that under the Obama administration the planning stages of the operation were moving very cautiously to ensure a safe and successful raid. Trump is big on the military since of course he is a veteran of a rich kid's military school.

My judgement is that once Trump got into office he rushed the operation without much due deliberation just like he did with travel ban to make some headlines and make himself look good with his base who like his flag waving pro military and anti Muslim stance. Rambo Trump failed and a young service man died and his family is devastated.
We had no business getting involved at all.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:10 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Of course it will. It did in Vietnam.
So you agree with Obama pulling out of Iraq even as unstable as it was? Doesn't matter how we got there, what matters is what you do when it is your turn to make the decisions. Don't get me wrong I am all for staying out of the ME. We should have left Syria alone. Keep the dictators because otherwise it is a clusterf*k with no one keeping things within their own borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies