Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 11:46 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,217,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There is no evidence he tried to subdue him.

Normal people who have their neighborhood experiencing out of control crime and are on the community WATCH would WATCH a suspicious person while waiting for police to arrive.

confrontation

con·fron·ta·tion
ˌkänfrənˈtāSH(ə)n/
noun

a hostile or argumentative meeting or situation between opposing parties.

"a confrontation with the legislature"
synonyms: conflict, clash, fight, battle, encounter, faceoff, engagement, skirmish;

Watch, not confront. Watch.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:44 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,816,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just proves you can run your mouth all you wish, but once you lose self control and start swinging, you may catch a 9mm hole in your head.
Yep, TM should have been armed. Being followed by a suspicious acting person in a vehicle, isn't a time for fisticuffs.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:50 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,062,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Trayvon's past absolutely WAS and IS relevant. The only reason he was in Sanford in the first place was because he was constantly getting into trouble. His mother couldn't handle him and sent him to live with his father for awhile.
Zimmerman didn't know this about Trayvon. When Zimmerman saw Trayvon walking in his neighborhood, followed and watched him, then fought with and shot him, he didn't know any of what you just said or anything else. His decision to follow, be suspicious of, and watch Trayvon, which then lead to his death, had nothing to do with anything in Trayvon's past because Zimmerman didn't know anything about Trayvon's past. Had Trayvon previously robbed a house in the neighborhood and Zimmerman knew and recognized him, for example, that would be a different story. That would be relevant. But that wasn't the case. Attempting to bring up the possibly troubled past of a teen after his death, acting like it mattered to the circumstances surrounding his death, is a cheap shot and an attempt to make excuses for a guy who didn't even know anything about Trayvon. His past didn't factor into the reasoning behind Zimmerman's actions that night, hence Trayvon's past is not relevant to the case.

Trayvon is not dead because of his past acts. He is dead because of his and Zimmerman's actions that night.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:56 PM

17,183 posts, read 23,022,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Get this... The relatively recent string of burglaries in the community, ended that night.

Makes ya go Hmmmm?

Coincidence, I take it.... Just coincidence.
There are various speculations on the matter. One of them is that GZ's neighborhood watch activities were a cover for a burglary ring of his own. (not saying I believe it, but it is as legitimate as what you are trying to say). There were arrests for some of the burglaries in Twin Lakes and none of them were GZ or Trayvon.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
There are various speculations on the matter. One of them is that GZ's neighborhood watch activities were a cover for a burglary ring of his own. (not saying I believe it, but it is as legitimate as what you are trying to say). There were arrests for some of the burglaries in Twin Lakes and none of them were GZ or Trayvon.
Haha maybe burglars stayed away considering a crazy guy (GZ) shot to death a teen who lived there who was determined later to have been doing nothing wrong.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:01 PM

52,426 posts, read 52,974,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Zimmerman didn't know this about Trayvon. When Zimmerman saw Trayvon walking in his neighborhood, followed and watched him, then fought with and shot him, he didn't know any of what you just said or anything else. His decision to follow, be suspicious of, and watch Trayvon, which then lead to his death, had nothing to do with anything in Trayvon's past because Zimmerman didn't know anything about Trayvon's past. Had Trayvon previously robbed a house in the neighborhood and Zimmerman knew and recognized him, for example, that would be a different story. That would be relevant. But that wasn't the case. Attempting to bring up the possibly troubled past of a teen after his death, acting like it mattered to the circumstances surrounding his death, is a cheap shot and an attempt to make excuses for a guy who didn't even know anything about Trayvon. His past didn't factor into the reasoning behind Zimmerman's actions that night, hence Trayvon's past is not relevant to the case.

Trayvon is not dead because of his past acts. He is dead because of his and Zimmerman's actions that night.
This thread really isn't about the details of the case, but it's gone on page after page after page arguing about the deets of what happened and really at the end of the day no one really truly knows because we're only getting one side of the story frankly.

I'm sure that TM wasn't a perfect model citizen because he was starting to get into trouble. GM is a complete and utter douchbag of the highest order, he's shown himself to be a fool.

A young man is dead through a series of events that probably could have been avoided and just on a humanity level that should be considered sad, but whatever.

In terms of this being the beginning of the end for the far left, who knows, they've shown themselves to be idiots for a while now.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This thread really isn't about the details of the case, but it's gone on page after page after page arguing about the deets of what happened and really at the end of the day no one really truly knows because we're only getting one side of the story frankly.

I'm sure that TM wasn't a perfect model citizen because he was starting to get into trouble. GM is a complete and utter douchbag of the highest order, he's shown himself to be a fool.

A young man is dead through a series of events that probably could have been avoided and just on a humanity level that should be considered sad, but whatever.

In terms of this being the beginning of the end for the far left, who knows, they've shown themselves to be idiots for a while now.
I have said this multiple times, so yes I agree that no one knows what actually happened. That's part of my larger point here. It's interesting how so many are willing to believe the self-defense story of the only living witness to the entire event - GZ himself. Obviously GZ had injuries and was fighting with Martin but we truly don't know what led to the fight, so the whole self-defense theory may be a bit flawed, and he really could be lying all together; he may have been the aggressor. The issue is the lack of evidence to disprove it, because one of the guys involved is dead and can't talk.

Otherwise I completely agree with everything else you said.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:18 PM

10,287 posts, read 6,381,605 times
All I can say is that I wore a Hoodie in the Rain in Florida before Trayvon Martin shooting and after Trayvon Martin shooting. Did anybody ever "profile" me for it as an old white woman? What do you think?

Old 03-04-2017, 02:26 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,217,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Haha maybe burglars stayed away considering a crazy guy (GZ) shot to death a teen who lived there who was determined later to have been doing nothing wrong.
Not to mention, Martin may have thought Zimmerman was following him to rob him or to rob his home. Zimmerman should have called the police and left the teenage kid alone. But Zimmerman was looking for a confrontation...

Old 03-04-2017, 02:53 PM

19,922 posts, read 12,214,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
All I can say is that I wore a Hoodie in the Rain in Florida before Trayvon Martin shooting and after Trayvon Martin shooting. Did anybody ever "profile" me for it as an old white woman? What do you think?
Had there been a recent string of burglaries by old white women?

Before you get apoplectic over my question, I'm not defending GZ's actions but pointing out the ridiculousness of your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies