Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 05:55 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

$30K might be minimum wage in Seattle but is far above it in much of the country. Many single moms who need the day care the most are not making that kind of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 06:11 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't see where any household was complaining. I saw where "experts" were complaining.
Yes - that's what I meant by "they"... I will edit it to make it clearer.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:20 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I'm
Not too fond of government interfering with child care. If you don't want to take care of your kids don't have kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
keep in mind those kids are the ones who make this country exist when you are 50... If nobody had kids who would build or maintain services as you aged.... they are a national treasure .
Actually, at the rate the illegal aliens are reproducing, they'll be plenty of people then. And, we pay for more than the child care, we cover maternity care and beyond.

Most citizens aren't having that many children and much has to do with both the cost of child birth and daycare, this has allowed the illegals to just run with it not having to worry about costs.

It wouldn't be Trump's Child Care tax credit, but negotiated through Congress.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:32 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
$30K might be minimum wage in Seattle but is far above it in much of the country. Many single moms who need the day care the most are not making that kind of money.
If you are earning less than $75K you are not "middle class" in 2017.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
How is government interfering his idea is a tax credit? The CNN article is ridiculous that working class is 30k that is far from the truth working class people where both parents work full time make more then 30k a year and do pay lot of taxes. Who says people making 30k a year are needing child care 30k a year is min wage for one person.
According to tax filings, $36, 841 is the break point between the top and bottom 50% of actual earners.

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-la...a-2015-update/

Old 03-01-2017, 10:08 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lol....a lot of people consider themselves to be middle class but in reality they're as poor as a church mouse wallowing in debt.
so true.

Here is a list from 2015 of what you need to earn to be middle class for your state...

What 'middle class' means in every US state - Business Insider

It is OLD but the ratios are most likely still valid.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:14 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
I would love to be able to deduct the full amount we pay in daycare. People may not think that those who will benefit "need" the extra money, however, you never know until you walk in ones shoes.. Together, my husband and I, make a very good salary. However, we are paying 2600 per month in daycare expenses and for the 3 years prior to Sept 2016 we were paying over 3700 a month in daycare expenses. Any additional tax break we could get, we could use. Daycare rates fluctuate so much depending on where one lives, along with living expenses. Someone living in one place can live like a king on 200,000 per year, someone else living in another area will basically just get by.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:16 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Just another example of how Trump and his politburo are totally, absolutely tone deaf and uncaring about the needs of the average American working family. If you're not at least somewhat affluent, you're not even people to them.
The problem is that Trump thinks middle class means millionaires. We're talking about a guy who's cabinet has more multi-billionaires than any previous presidential cabinet in history, they don't know squat about how the average person lives. And the rest of the Republican Party works for billionaire corporate donors who want more tax cuts at the expensive of everyday people. Look at the leaked draft of the healthcare reform bill that would replace the ACA, it's filled with gifts for the ultra-rich and nothing but bad news for the working and middle classes.

Another issue that is often not discussed is how middle class in one state might be considered working class in another due to differences in cost of living, taxation, etc. Middle class here on Long Island (or the above poster Lisanicole's Westchester County) would be considered solidly upper class just about anywhere else except for a select few suburban areas like metro San Francisco (ie: Marin County, CA).

The GOP's proposal to eliminate the property tax deduction would be a nightmare for the Tri-State area. This is really, really bad news for us. I am writing to my congressman who is a Republican but I doubt he will break ranks. He literally had to move heaven and Earth to get his fellow Republicans to approve funding for the Zadroga Act.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:18 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I'm
Not too fond of government interfering with child care. If you don't want to take care of your kids don't have kids
Why? You would let my children starve to death? It's the children we are talking about.

You are a racist, homophobic, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, Islamophobic, hateful Nazi who eats babies!

Old 03-01-2017, 10:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The problem is that Trump thinks middle class means millionaires. We're talking about a guy who's cabinet has more multi-billionaires than any previous presidential cabinet in history, they don't know squat about how the average person lives. And the rest of the Republican Party works for billionaire corporate donors who want more tax cuts at the expensive of everyday people. Look at the leaked draft of the healthcare reform bill that would replace the ACA, it's filled with gifts for the ultra-rich and nothing but bad news for the working and middle classes.
The ACA was little more than a big gift to the ultra rich. You condemnation of the GOP is legit. Your partisanship is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies