Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 05:28 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans seem to have amnesia of the last eight years when they obstructed at every turn so don't tell me Democrats need to work with Republicans. Obstruct obstruct obstruct. Give them a taste of their own medicine.
Democrats seem to have amnesia of the last eight years when they obstructed at every turn so don't tell me repubs need to work with dems.

"We won, get over it" was said to the repub leaders at the VERY FIRST meeting Obama had with the leaders of Congress when 1 repub DARED offer a suggestion Obama didn't like.

Passed the biggest piece of legislation in the history of our country with NOT 1 SINGLE REPUB VOTE by using arcane rules in order to go around the repubs.

But, THAT is NOT obstruction!

When the repubs wanted "fix" some of the things in OCare during the budget talks, Obama would have NONE of it and shouted to the reporters, "I will NOT compromise"

"A budget, we don't need a budget, said by harry reid" even though the Constitution requires one.

How many years did we go without a proper one?

More EO/M's signed by Obama the ANY OTHER president in history and NOT to declare National Bread Eating day or some other ceremonial gesture because he knew he could go through Congress.

And some nuts on here want to call Trump a "dictator".

MORE of these overturned by the courts, several by a 9-0 SC vote.

And Obama was "supposed" to be the "Constitutional expert" because he supposedly "taught" it in college.

I hate to have been 1 of his students who paid a lot of money for his "expertise".

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-02-2017 at 05:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You got it.

Trump and the Republicans don't need Democrats to go along with his madcap approach to governing.

Better for Democrats to focus their attention on fixing gerrymandering and voter suppression, and figure out what the hell is going on with all these Russian connections to the current Republican administration.

That's plenty enough to keep Democrats occupied while the Republicans enact their long awaited agenda of balanced budgets, etc.

Let the chips fall where they may.
"Better for Democrats to focus their attention on fixing gerrymandering"

First, the dems are NOT in control in the House or in most states so they can't do ANYTHING about gerrymandering.

Second, the dems held the House for 40 UNINTERRUPTED YEARS and did so by gerrymandering the hell put of most districts.

So, quit you all of a sudden concern of gerrymandering.

It was OK when your side did it, for YEARS.

Hypocrite, comes to mind.

"and figure out what the hell is going on with all these Russian connections to the current Republican administration."

It is the Russian's, it is the Russian's, it is the Russian's!

Just MORE loser B.S.

They will NOT accept that they LOST through their OWN MEANS and choices.

just like Obam, Hillary and the rest of the dems who NEVER TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS.

It is ALWAYS someone else's fault.

How many time did we here Obama on national TV whine, "It is FOXNEWS's, Rush's, Hannity's fault?

And Hillary is in the same boat. Always somebody else's fault for her loosing.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah, it's a cryin shame he didn't say something more positive like Mitch McConnell's "'My number one priority is making sure president Obama's a one-term president", right?

He promised to go after government waste yet calls for a big increase in military spending with NO mention of trimming the fat in the military. Doesn't sound like he's even trying to " accomplish the promises he made during the campaign ".

Most Americans don't consider refusal to do their jobs like holding hearings for a SCOTUS nominee as accomplishing anything yet you give the Reps a pass on that, right?

There's plenty to blame on both sides of the aisle but as long as people walk around as if it's the other side's fault nothing positive's likely to get done.
"like Mitch McConnell's "'My number one priority is making sure president Obama's a one-term president", right?"

It does NOT go unnoticed that people who use this quote do NOT include the ENTIRE quote, as usal.

The left LOVES to take things out of context.

Do you REALLY think Harry Reid WANTED W, Bush to have a 2nd term?

Old 03-02-2017, 05:59 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"like Mitch McConnell's "'My number one priority is making sure president Obama's a one-term president", right?"

It does NOT go unnoticed that people who use this quote do NOT include the ENTIRE quote, as usal.

The left LOVES to take things out of context.

Do you REALLY think Harry Reid WANTED W, Bush to have a 2nd term?
Don't you just want to slap these politicians when they say **** like this and reply, " No. you partisan hack. Your number one job is whatever is best for the American people."?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:22 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I was very sick and insurance did their part without a hitch. Five years later I lost my insurance policy because of Obamacare. I also have a different doctor but hey at 56 years old I have maternity care <sarcasm>. The insurance company or policy wasn't crappy to me and the monthly premiums were reasonable. So take your liberal talking points of LIES elsewhere, they won't work on people like me who liked their doctor and liked their healthcare plan.
LOL. The conversation is about Democrats.

If you were sick and lived in a state with Medicaid expansion, you would be covered if you were low income. If not, you could have easily bought an Obamacare plan. IMO you probably lacked in self sufficiency.

It is always funny to me that conservatives speak ill of liberals and their whining and complaining when many of them like the above like to complain about government being the cause of their poor personal choices and decisions.

I know MANY people in Ohio who were literally dying or suffering from medical conditions who were allowed to join the Medicaid roles due to our GOP governor accepting the expansion under Obamacare. Also, regardles of Trump's lies, the same thing occurred in Kentucky to my south.

If ACA is repealed and that provision removed along with pre-existing conditions, not only will you not have Medicaid to fall back on but you also won't even be able to buy a crappy plan since you have been "very sick" and probably have a pre-existing condition.

This is the reason why I keep telling my Dem friends, they need to let the gOP repeal ACA. People will be dropped from Medicaid. Over 50% of Americans have some sort of pre-existing condition and they won't be able to get coverage. Most Americans made less than $55k per year and don't have any extra money to put in an HSA account and an HSA account of $5k won't cover maternity care or a car accident or cancer or chronic diseases that need constant treatment like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholestorol, etc.

Repealing ACA would be the best thing for the Dems to gain seats in 2018 an the presidency in 2020. But IMO they are too caring and concerned about "harming people" due to them being dropped from insurance programs versus caring about taking back control of a segment of the government. IMO that is their downfall. I think they are too kindhearted. It is also one of the reasons I'm not a Democrat or liberal. I care, but I don't care as much as a liberal does lol

Old 03-02-2017, 11:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

If you were sick and lived in a state with Medicaid expansion, you would be covered if you were low income. If not, you could have easily bought an Obamacare plan. IMO you probably lacked in self sufficiency.

It is always funny to me that conservatives speak ill of liberals and their whining and complaining when many of them like the above like to complain about government being the cause of their poor personal choices and decisions.

I know MANY people in Ohio who were literally dying or suffering from medical conditions who were allowed to join the Medicaid roles due to our GOP governor accepting the expansion under Obamacare. Also, regardles of Trump's lies, the same thing occurred in Kentucky to my south.

If ACA is repealed and that provision removed along with pre-existing conditions, not only will you not have Medicaid to fall back on but you also won't even be able to buy a crappy plan since you have been "very sick" and probably have a pre-existing condition.

This is the reason why I keep telling my Dem friends, they need to let the gOP repeal ACA. People will be dropped from Medicaid. Over 50% of Americans have some sort of pre-existing condition and they won't be able to get coverage. Most Americans made less than $55k per year and don't have any extra money to put in an HSA account and an HSA account of $5k won't cover maternity care or a car accident or cancer or chronic diseases that need constant treatment like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholestorol, etc.

Repealing ACA would be the best thing for the Dems to gain seats in 2018 an the presidency in 2020. But IMO they are too caring and concerned about "harming people" due to them being dropped from insurance programs versus caring about taking back control of a segment of the government. IMO that is their downfall. I think they are too kindhearted. It is also one of the reasons I'm not a Democrat or liberal. I care, but I don't care as much as a liberal does lol
None of this is an issue if this had been done right to start with. If this had been done right to start with there is no President Trump.

That Obama, Reid and Pelosi completely screwed it up to make sure their corporate donors were happy (after all Pelosi is a hell of a fund raiser) this isn't happening.

I do NOT say that as a "Conservative", I say that as someone that wants UHC for all.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedin1 View Post
More than half of eligible voters did not vote, for whatever reason. Of the remaining less than 50% that did vote ... less than half cast votes for Pres. Trump. I don't dispute he won by the rules, but he did not and does not enjoy the majority or widespread support of Americans.
And it's irrelevant. He won. He does what he wants to now. This "mandate" thing is irrelevant. If he wants a law and he gets it passed it's still a law no matter how many voted for him. His Supreme Court picks decisions still stick.

I did NOT vote for him. That matters none.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:07 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Are we STILL talking about popular vs electoral vote? If there would have been a popular vote election you can't predict the outcome: Trump would have campaigned differently.

It's absolutely ZERO percent relevant that Hillary won a percentage point more votes.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:08 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
This thread is pretty rich considering how Republicans acted the last eight years. ....

Old 03-02-2017, 03:09 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Here's the liberal compassion at work: if you're poor, the government takes care of you. Otherwise you'll need to buy ACA: very expensive, high deductible, you can't keep your doctor. But hey, it's something. STOP WHINING ABOUT YOUR POOR CHOICE/DECISION TO BECOME SICK! STOP NOT BEING POOR! STOP BLAMING OBAMA AND THE DEMS FOR SCREWING UP OUR HEALTH CARE!

Yep, liberalism at its best. And they wonder why they're slowly being decimated across the union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies