Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What possible reason would Republicans need Democrats to "work together for the good of the people?"

Last I read, Republicans had won it all. They had the House, the Senate, the presidency and most of the state governors. There are countless ha-ha-ha-we-won-you-lost-go-suck-it-Democrats posts on this very forum.

Over the objections of Democrats, Republicans have confirmed:

Secretary of Pubic Education with absolutely no public education expertise and no interest in continuing public education.

Secretary of Health and Human Services with a history of buying stocks and then passing legislation to increase the value of said stocks.

Secretary of State with no experience in international diplomacy. However, he does have a Friend of Putin medal.

Secretary of Commerce who co-owns a bank involved in Russian money laundering.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

What possible reason would Republicans need Democrats to work with them other than to throw them under the bus if/when things go awry. As they so often do.

Quit whining, pull your socks up and get busy making your dreams work.

You got the floor, go for it.
Very good. As I've pointed out, the (D)'s can't beat them at this game. Remove Hillary's desire for people to pee where they want and she would have fit in nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 11:25 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans seem to have amnesia of the last eight years when they obstructed at every turn so don't tell me Democrats need to work with Republicans. Obstruct obstruct obstruct. Give them a taste of their own medicine.
Democrats are not in a position to obstruct anything but maybe the Supreme Court nominee. Republicans can override with the nuclear option.

I say let Americans have a good taste of what Republicans are all about.

Maybe they'll love it.

Who knows?

Old 03-01-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I cannot control the nomination, primary, or anything the DNC does. I can only VOTE. I can't force you to vote for the better candidate even if that's true.

Let's face it, people are stupid. People love to be sweet talked but don't want to think about policy. Their brain explodes when one ounce of critical thinking is required. They vote irrationally and place emotions over everything without thinking of the consequences. What am I supposed to do?
I did all of that and voted for Sanders. You?

Old 03-01-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans seem to have amnesia of the last eight years when they obstructed at every turn so don't tell me Democrats need to work with Republicans. Obstruct obstruct obstruct. Give them a taste of their own medicine.
The (D)'s in the end can do very little obstructing. Trump's problem is going to be the obstruction from Ryan and McConnell.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:31 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Oh please. The two opposing candidates for DNC Chair have joined forces. They already are working together. What Schumer said is that, we've heard speeches from Trump before, but his actions belie the words, so let's see what he actually does.

And, frankly, it is rather amusing to be lectured on 'acting like grown-ups' by Trump supporters, when the dear leader in the WH behaves like a 10-year-old when not minded or scripted.
Your party lost the election! Nothing else need to be said

Old 03-01-2017, 11:31 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL, what values are these again? (words are not values, actions are)

Not worthless at all. I wanted Hillary to lose. She did. I didn't want Trump to win so I didn't vote for him. I did want Hillary to lose. She did.

I at least got something out of the election.

You have avoided my point that the (D)'s had the opportunity to present a decent candidate and rejected that.
I don't think you realize that politics requires a majority vote regardless of your values. I can have a good intention of breaking up corporations that are a monopoly. Can I do it? Nope, GOP will be against me as well as many bought off Democrats. That's the VALUE aspect. I vote for someone who aligns closest to what is right. Even if they're not perfect.
Then you take into account, voting for the candidate with the most realistic chances of getting something done into office. I may be so supportive of one hell of a progressive party and they could run a candidate as a 3rd party, but they'll be running against the DNC which encapsulates the progressives. Do you think they even have a chance to win at all?

I throw my support behind someone who supports the values which are right and has the best chance to hold power. Without power, your actions, values, ideas are all worthless.

You're missing the practical aspects of the DNC... nice try.

Like I said before, I cannot control what happens in the DNC. I'm not the chairman. I don't have a say in their process of nominating a candidate except only vote in the primaries. Which I did. I personally rejected Clinton too, but that's the extent of my power as an individual. However, that was what was presented, Clinton or Trump. I vote for the lesser of 2 evils that aligns with the right way to do things period.

You have a hard time understanding how to prioritize practicality with ideology?

Old 03-01-2017, 11:32 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
I voted for Sanders in the primaries. I voted for Clinton in the general.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:34 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
let me fix that for ya...

I did all of that and voted for TRUMP. You?

vanity, votes for Sanders were votes for trump. Denying it will not change that in any way shape or form.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:35 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
The (D)'s in the end can do very little obstructing. Trump's problem is going to be the obstruction from Ryan and McConnell.
You got it.

Trump and the Republicans don't need Democrats to go along with his madcap approach to governing.

Better for Democrats to focus their attention on fixing gerrymandering and voter suppression, and figure out what the hell is going on with all these Russian connections to the current Republican administration.

That's plenty enough to keep Democrats occupied while the Republicans enact their long awaited agenda of balanced budgets, etc.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:36 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I voted for Sanders in the primaries. I voted for Clinton in the general.
Yeah... When offered a Clinton vs. Trump ticket, I really couldn't do anything BUT vote for her.

However, had Sanders been running against Trump, Sanders would have received my vote.

If Trump ran as a Democrat and say, *pick a sane Republican* had been running, that Republican would have gotten my vote.

Because... Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies