Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:36 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
So he's dating his sister-in-law. Even though it is not technically incest (they're not related by blood), it's got that funny incestuous vibe to it.
She's not his sister in law.

She used to be, though.

Throughout the ages, men have married their brothers' widows and women have married their sisters' widowers.

Not odd. They have a lot in common. Especially, love for someone dear who died.

And, they are blood relations with these people's kids, if they have any.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:39 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It's so easy to pick out the liberals. They ALL seem to think my OP was critical.

Hint to the stupid: It wasn't. My thread title was exceptionally clear. It didn't have the much overused BREAKING NEWS headline attached. It didn't say WOW! Just a simple, clear title.

It was all over the morning news today. It's interesting. It's about a hugely political family. Some might find it controversial, hence, Politics and Other Controversies.

It's always fun to watch heads explode as they screech that they don't care about the topic. Always!

What's funny, hilarious actually, is the thought of the posts if this couple were members of the Trump family. Or any conservative family. The outrage would crash the forum.

As do I. It happened to a friend from high school, over 30 years ago. They're still together.
Wow. You really are disappointed that nobody on here is doing much arguing.

So, you had to insert some inflammatory language.

Why?

Everyone here seems pretty chill.

Too much coffee, Bella?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:42 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Joe's son, Hunter, is dating Joe's dead son's (Beau's) widow.

I know it happens and love can be found in strange places.

Report: Former VP Joe Biden's son dating late son's widow - ABC News

The New York Post reports that Hallie Biden and Hunter Biden began dating after Hunter separated from his wife. In a statement to the Post, Hunter Biden said the pair was "incredibly lucky" to have found love and support from one another during a difficult time.

Beau Biden, the former Delaware attorney general, died from brain cancer in May 2015.

Hunter is the Biden son who got kicked out of the military for cocaine usage.

Commander: Hunter Biden knew drug test was coming
We are $19 trillion in debt. This is the best you can do?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:43 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Imagine the difference in commentary if this were about the Trump or, heavens help us, the Palin family. Liberals would be out in force smearing, snarking, and generally exposing their true colors.

I couldn't care less what the Bidens do, they are thankfully nothing but a bad memory at this point.

Personally, the spouses, girlfriends, and ex-spouses and ex-girlfriends of my friends and family are off limits to me. Of course, I am not a liberal so that could explain that.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:47 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
She's not his sister in law.

She used to be, though.

Throughout the ages, men have married their brothers' widows and women have married their sisters' widowers.

Not odd. They have a lot in common. Especially, love for someone dear who died.

And, they are blood relations with these people's kids, if they have any.
Throughout ages, fathers married daughters, son married mothers and brothers married sisters.

I think people who love each other should marry in any way they so choose. The government should get the hell out of our personal life.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:47 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
It's so easy to pick out the liberals. They ALL seem to think my OP was critical.

Hint to the stupid: It wasn't. My thread title was exceptionally clear. It didn't have the much overused BREAKING NEWS headline attached. It didn't say WOW! Just a simple, clear title.

It was all over the morning news today. It's interesting. It's about a hugely political family. Some might find it controversial, hence, Politics and Other Controversies.

It's always fun to watch heads explode as they screech that they don't care about the topic. Always!

What's funny, hilarious actually, is the thought of the posts if this couple were members of the Trump family. Or any conservative family. The outrage would crash the forum.

As do I. It happened to a friend from high school, over 30 years ago. They're still together.
Man, what is your problem? You posted this in this forum fully intending to try to make it controversial. No one bit, that enraged you, resulting in you posting this pissy post. You need to get a legit hobby. Just sad.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:48 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:

And it's easy to pick out the cons since you posted it.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Imagine the difference in commentary if this were about the Trump or, heavens help us, the Palin family. Liberals would be out in force smearing, snarking, and generally exposing their true colors.

I couldn't care less what the Bidens do, they are thankfully nothing but a bad memory at this point.

Personally, the spouses, girlfriends, and ex-spouses and ex-girlfriends of my friends and family are off limits to me. Of course, I am not a liberal so that could explain that.

Glad that lets me off the hook of being a "liberal", then.

My response would be 100% the same if it was Trump, one of Trump's kids, Sarah Palin, one of her kids, one of the Bush daughters, Chelsea Clinton, whomever. The who that is involved makes absolutely no difference.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:53 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Throughout ages, fathers married daughters, son married mothers and brothers married sisters.

I think people who love each other should marry in any way they so choose. The government should get the hell out of our personal life.

Fortunately some of us progressed beyond that. There is a big world of billions of people, no reason to inbreed.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:54 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Fortunately some of us progressed beyond that. There is a big world of billions of people, no reason to inbreed.

Marrying/dating/having children with your former sister-in-law is not "inbreeding", either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies