Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 09:33 AM

19,615 posts, read 12,215,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I agree with "the code," but if the person is deceased, that removes any obligation of adherence.
I disagree, its disrespectful to the deceased. I'd hate to think that after I died all bets are off.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Exactly.

One more time for those who failed to get it the first time:

HUNTER BIDEN IS NOT DIVORCED FROM HIS WIFE!
Ah, we finally get to the point of this thread.

This was supposed to be some sort of "gotcha" test or something, right?

Of course, we don't actually know Mr. Biden's party affiliation, but assuming that he is a Democrat, does that make his alleged adultery worse than 45's actual, proven adultery?

Is adultery when separated worse than adultery while still living together as a married couple?

You do see where I am going with this, right?

You clearly want those who berated 45 for his serial adultery to condemn Mr. Biden as well, even though many of the same people who berated Bill Clinton for his serial adultery made all kinds of allowances for 45's.

What many fail to grasp is that people didn't really care that 45 was a serial adulterer. It was the abject hypocrisy shown by those who ignored it while still whining about Bill's that gave it any currency.

And so here we are again.
Same circle-jerk, different day.

Take the log out of your own eyes first otherwise this high and mighty moral act is just that, an act.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:37 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Two private citizens are in a relationship. Some people seem particularly angry that this isn't more controversial.

Can a mod move this thread to celebrities, or maybe current events? P&C is not the appropriate location for gossip about two adults who are not involved in politics.
Other Controversies
Other Controversies
Other Controversies
Other Controversies

Old 03-02-2017, 09:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I disagree, its disrespectful to the deceased. I'd hate to think that after I died all bets are off.
Why? Do you not want your spouse to have a happy life?

I don't know... I really would not care at that point.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:41 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

This was supposed to be some sort of "gotcha" test or something, right?

Of course, we don't actually know Mr. Biden's party affiliation, but assuming that he is a Democrat, does that make his alleged adultery worse than 45's actual, proven adultery?

Is adultery when separated worse than adultery while still living together as a married couple?

You do see where I am going with this, right?

You clearly want those who berated 45 for his serial adultery to condemn Mr. Biden as well, even though many of the same people who berated Bill Clinton for his serial adultery made all kinds of allowances for 45's.

What many fail to grasp is that people didn't really care that 45 was a serial adulterer. It was the abject hypocrisy shown by those who ignored it while still whining about Bill's that gave it any currency.

And so here we are again.
Same circle-jerk, different day.

Take the log out of your own eyes first otherwise this high and mighty moral act is just that, an act.
If Biden is separated from his spouse, then this is a nothingburger, isn't it?

Old 03-02-2017, 09:48 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

No, that was not the point of the thread. I had to Wiki it halfway through this morning to know he is still legally married.

Nice deflection. You're failing, miserably, to read my mind.

Why can't folks get as upset with the media for starting this ****storm as they are with me for reporting it?

One of life's little mysteries.

Laughing at you!

Old 03-02-2017, 09:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Of course. That doesn't stop certain people from screeching "THIS IS A CONTROVERSY! BE OUTRAGED!" Sad.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:50 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
No, that was not the point of the thread. I had to Wiki it halfway through this morning to know he is still legally married.

Why can't folks get as upset with the media for starting this ****storm as they are with me for reporting it?

Laughing at you!
Lol, look at how frustrating it is for you that no one is wringing their hands over this. What an absolute failure your thread is. Sad.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Apparently, they have been separated for some time.

Now, given that they are Catholics, it would still be regarded as adultery, separated or no.
And should he and the widow Biden marry, that marriage would not be recognized by the church unless his first marriage was nullified (see Giuliani, Rudy).

Clearly this couple is willing and prepared to accept whatever consequences befall them as regards the church and their faith and their relationship with God.

As was noted earlier, there certainly are Biblical precedents, so maybe they will get dispensation from the church.

In any event, it is their business and surely shouldn't be used as a mean-spirited attempt to deflect attention from the adulterer-in-chief, who, self-admittedly, has never asked forgiveness from God for any of his transgressions.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Laughing at you!
I thought that the media only reported "fake news."

What makes this particular story so believable that it warranted an actual thread?

Oh, I know.
It's about the Bidens so it must be true.

What is there to be upset about?

Until I saw your thread title, I had no idea about any of this "news."
There was NO report on my local news about it this morning.
Y'all can attribute that to liberal bias or whatever, but the more likely reason is that NO ONE CARES about what these two people are doing with their lives.

So, you can laugh at me all you want.

I'm not the one who chose to start this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies