Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 09:00 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,514,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We the People are not stupid. We the People defeated MSM. We the People defeated the establishment. We the People rejected the power-hungry, criminal in a pantsuit.

We're sick and tired of these uninformed jackholes telling us we're racist, sexist, Islamophobic and homophobic. They have no basis for those claims. Democrats are consumed by their emotions. We’re sick and tired of the political establishment crapping all over the Constitution and treading on our liberty. We’re sick of Democrats refusing to uphold the rule of law. We’re sick of being told that this is as good as it gets.

- We want to keep more of our hard-earned money.
- We want healthcare premiums that AREN’T AS MUCH AS OUR MORTGAGES.
- We want people to enter our country LEGALLY.
- We believe in peace through strength.
- We believe in Faith. Freedom. Family.

We’re the most kick a** country that has ever existed. All you liberals whining and playing games,” GET OVER YOURSELVES. You games are hurting the "American people".
Don't you guys have the house, the senate, soon to have the Supreme Court, a lot of governorships of states, and a lot state houses and senates. So what are you complaining about?

Look it time for the right to put up or shut up. It time for you guy to show the American people you guys can properly govern. It's all you you guys now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 09:02 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,410,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Don't you guys have the house, the senate, soon to have the Supreme Court, a lot of governorships of states, and a lot state houses and senates. So what are you complaining about?

Look it time for the right to put up or shut up. It time for you guy to show the American people you guys can properly govern. It's all you you guys now.
Exactly. But it might be nice if the media, and detractors of all types (including here) would refrain from expecting results immediately. You've been in office a month, why haven't you changed everything? Seriously, that's journalism? This is going to take a while...the constant artificial headwinds aren't going to help, they just delay progress.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I worked three jobs to pay for a roof over my head, food in my stomach and a car to drive to school for the 3 hours I had classes every day.

My high school schedule 10th grade until graduation:

7:00 am-11:30 am -Classes
12:30 pm - 6:00 PM- Bank Teller - Worked full time, provided health insurance
6:30 pm -1:00 AM- Thursday, Fri and Sat nights I worked in a bar as a server
Sunday - Wed I delivered pizzas

I was by far the hardest working high school student enrolled. I am still close to my former home room teacher, who always said what I accomplished for myself at a young age was impressive.

I bought my first house at 20.

If you bought property, you were not as poor as you thought you were.
The fact you barely make ends meet, means you only want to work hard enough to make it, or do not desire to get more education to move up the value scale, when others set your destiny and dictate your worth.

Learn more, earn more.

Cheap is never good, and good is never cheap.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:04 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
Quote:
I worked three jobs to pay for a roof over my head, food in my stomach and a car to drive to school for the 3 hours I had classes every day.

My high school schedule 10th grade until graduation:

7:00 am-11:30 am -Classes
12:30 pm - 6:00 PM- Bank Teller - Worked full time, provided health insurance
6:30 pm -1:00 AM- Thursday, Fri and Sat nights I worked in a bar as a server
Sunday - Wed I delivered pizzas

I was by far the hardest working high school student enrolled. I am still close to my former home room teacher, who always said what I accomplished for myself at a young age was impressive.

I bought my first house at 20.
If I recall correctly, based solely on your own posts here, your parents helped you purchase your home, and you're poor in part because you made terrible financial decisions and bought additional property that you couldn't afford. Your love life has been diasasterous as well, and resulted in multiple children from multiple partners that you must now support. You owned property in a rural area which made finding steady work difficult. You also had some personality conflicts with coworkers that you claim have kept you from climbing the corporate ladder.

Again - this is info gleaned from your many posts here. They paint a picture of someone who despite every available resource, opportunity, and helping hand up has managed to make a mess of everything. You are an example of what many of us in America want to see change ... because people like you feel you are owed more than what you have.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:05 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What? you drove on interstate highway lol. You can do that anywhere and not see civilization. Of course people aren't crammed like sardines in living in a concrete jungle. Does that give them less say? Of course not.
The middle is empty. Nothing more to say. I agree that the rural middle Americans do deserve a say just not as much of a say as they are given. It's holding the country back.

You are a heartless woman or man and I hope you are able to find some compassion one day!

Old 03-03-2017, 09:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Just as the Republicans melted down over anything Obama wanted to do for the previous 8 years. I'm a conservative BTW, but criticizing the other side, while overlooking our sides faults isn't getting us anywhere - and it's intellectually dishonest. All this talk, and no action (in either direction) is pointless...
If you've read my other post you would know where I talked about ... well in short... the republican never Trumpers and the Democrats who didn't want Trump elected. These are the political elitist, one is the other and nothing every gets done. I don't believe that Trump is a true republican, nor a democrat, he could have run on an Independent ticket but here we are, nothing getting done because of political games. And anyone who believes any politician or political party is perfect is a fool. I'd like to see Dems stop all the distractions, they lost, it happens, now lets see what Trump can do. After all he is supposed to work for the "American people". Lets see what he can do.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
If I recall correctly, based solely on your own posts here, your parents helped you purchase your home, and you're poor in part because you made terrible financial decisions and bought additional property that you couldn't afford. Your love life has been diasasterous as well, and resulted in multiple children from multiple partners that you must now support. You owned property in a rural area which made finding steady work difficult. You also had some personality conflicts with coworkers that you claim have kept you from climbing the corporate ladder.

Again - this is info gleaned from your many posts here. They paint a picture of someone who despite every available resource, opportunity, and helping hand up has managed to make a mess of everything. You are an example of what many of us in America want to see change ... because people like you feel you are owed more than what you have.
Wow, parents helped. My parents were lower income and could not help us kids but they never took a dime of help. We ever ask them for help either, they raised us to be responsible level headed self supporting adults. Everything we accomplished we did on our own.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
I have never partied, smoked or did drugs. I was busy surviving. I didn't get pregnant until I was 24 but the father died before my daughter was born. I tried marrying a man, hoping he would be my knight in shining armor, because I was tired. Tired of trying to work crazy hours to survive. It didn't work out and I have been a single mom since we divorced in 2007.

My sons father was not helpful either, so I pretty much raise two kids without any help from a second parent. Working a second job is impossible. Some days working the first one is more than I can handle.

There is the problem in your choices in life.

You will make it if you graduate HS, are not a single parent, and be able to manage your money.

You have broken one of the rules, to prosperity. Good or bad, that was a choice you made, that means you must adjust or compensate for the economic loss, a partner in life has raising children.
You chose not to have luxuries, in order to be independent, with a child.
Does your ex-husband live impoverished?

Old 03-03-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post

People like lowonluck, well at least she works but her and many like her don't realize that the middle classes take out debt to support their lifestyle. People who are low income or on welfare want the middle debt ridden middle class lifestyle handed to them, paid for by everyone else. They don't realize that many in the middle class would live just like them if they had bad credit and were not able to take out debt.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 AM

19,658 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
The middle is empty. Nothing more to say. I agree that the rural middle Americans do deserve a say just not as much of a say as they are given. It's holding the country back.

You are a heartless woman or man and I hope you are able to find some compassion one day!
How much of a "say" should we remove from middle America, speaking of compassion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies