Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 12:21 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times

Advertisements

Or just maybe, Comey told them that Obama is the one who ordered the spying on Trump and it's going to come out.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:24 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
[quote=[B]LearnMe[/b];47529628]
Quote:
Once upon a time I had to register as a lobbyist, and although I feel strongly about the problem of special interest money influencing our elected representatives, I understand a bit about both sides of this issue/problem. A hard one to fix to any degree of satisfaction, maybe even impossible, which leaves us with the need to trust our elected representatives to do the right thing despite that influence. Transparency is also very important to balance against the corruption of closed-door dealing that benefits the few at the expense of too many others.
Agree. Lobbyists often provide an expertise about policy not otherwise easily available.

Quote:
I am not impressed with Trump in the way you seem to be, by simply or apparently "keeping his campaign promises." On any given issue, our focus needs to be on what is the best policy all considered, then how best to execute that policy. Barring the necessary examples and/or specifics that are required to evaluate Trump in those regards, so far I think Trump is doing more harm than good. At the same time, Trump continues to display characteristics that I do not view as intelligent, well informed or appropriate, making me less and less comfortable that Trump will do the right thing in the event of crisis, or to avoid crisis, that I suspect is inevitable. If not because of the fact we live in a volatile world already, Trump is more likely than Obama, I think, to tilt us into a conflict even more escalated in proportion to what we were dealing with before he took office.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...oblem-all.html

Lots of people including Obama and Sanders have pointed to the problem of money in our political system, the water that makes that "swamp" what it is. Even Trump highlighted the problem when he explained on that national stage of some 17 GOP contenders for POTUS that everyone on his left and right had taken his money. I gave him credit for doing so in more than a comment or two in this forum. Unfortunately, I don't hear him talking about that anymore now that he is elected, nor do I think he'll follow through with change for the better in these regards rather than worse, as already seems to be emerging with the ACA2.0...
Just as too few words (in a tweet) obscure clarity so can too many (an Everylady post)?

I see Trump rather mindlessly going down a checklist - The Keeping of My Promises - regardless of the reality that most politicians encounter, acknowledge, process, then incorporate in fashioning real life responses.

This process is all about HIM (hence the reference to narcissism). What HE did. The promise keeping.

Am I a fan? No.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:27 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitemsohard View Post
President Trump said the media reports peaked his interest, he didn't say that was evidence.
Anyway, President Trump is very confident about his evidence delivering the goods, based on his interview with Tucker.
Well, Trump better hurry up. The Senate has already announced. Plus, wouldn't you think he already had the evidence in hand prior to making that kind of accusation? I sure would.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:38 PM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Well, Trump better hurry up. The Senate has already announced. Plus, wouldn't you think he already had the evidence in hand prior to making that kind of accusation? I sure would.
I think Trump has always had the evidence, but has been gathering further evidence in the meantime.
I wouldn't want anyone (Obama's leftover lurkers) to know about the evidence, until it was so damaging that Obama can be ENDED.
I want Obama to be in the dark and guessing right now.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:39 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Or just maybe, Comey told them that Obama is the one who ordered the spying on Trump and it's going to come out.
Give it up already
Ryan, Senate Intel committee see no evidence of Trump wiretap - CNNPolitics.com
Quote:
The speaker of the House, the Senate Intelligence Committee chairman and the ranking Democrat on the committee said Thursday that they've seen no evidence of President Donald Trump's accusation that he was wiretapped last year by his predecessor. Senate Intelligence Committee chair Richard Burr and ranking member Mark Warner issued a statement Thursday, saying "based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016."
At some point your going to have to wake up and face the fact that your guy is a bleep up who needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and his little fingers away from his keypad.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:40 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
[quote=EveryLady;47529829]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
LearnMe[/b];47529628]

Agree. Lobbyists often provide an expertise about policy not otherwise easily available.

Just as too few words (in a tweet) obscure clarity so can too many (an Everylady post)?

I see Trump rather mindlessly going down a checklist - The Keeping of My Promises - regardless of the reality that most politicians encounter, acknowledge, process, then incorporate in fashioning real life responses.

This process is all about HIM (hence the reference to narcissism). What HE did. The promise keeping.

Am I a fan? No.
Avoid what reads like quite the unwarranted compliment here...

"Trump, though, is arguably taking a course that differs somewhat from other politicians for He Is Keeping His Campaign Promises"

... and we can better avoid too many words in general.

Obama kept some pretty significant campaign "promises" like withdrawing troops from Iraq and the ACA. Trump promised a wall between us and Mexico that Mexico would pay for. Not yet built, not to be paid by Mexico and not a real good idea in the first place, just for starters...

Old 03-16-2017, 12:43 PM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
[quote=LearnMe;47530032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post

Avoid what reads like quite the unwarranted compliment here...

"Trump, though, is arguably taking a course that differs somewhat from other politicians for He Is Keeping His Campaign Promises"

... and we can better avoid too many words in general.

Obama kept some pretty significant campaign "promises" like withdrawing troops from Iraq and the ACA. Trump promised a wall between us and Mexico that Mexico would pay for. Not yet built, not to be paid by Mexico and not a real good idea in the first place, just for starters...
A wall between US and Mexico is a heavenly idea compared to withdrawing troops from Iraq (which led to ISIS ruling the world). Obama should be given the death penalty for that blunder.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:48 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
[quote=hitemsohard;47530071]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

A wall between US and Mexico is a heavenly idea compared to withdrawing troops from Iraq (which led to ISIS ruling the world). Obama should be given the death penalty for that blunder.
Thank you. I was about to sign off and you just gave me all the incentive to do so before wasting any more time here today. Until tomorrow maybe, I sure do hope there are not TOO many people who subscribe to the sort of misguided nonsense you seem to embrace, or the ridiculous rhetoric, but I've read worse comments before!

Not many thank goodness but not much worse...

Old 03-16-2017, 12:53 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Senate Intelligence Committee chair Richard Burr and ranking member Mark Warner issued a statement Thursday 03/16/17, saying "based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016."

Old 03-16-2017, 01:01 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Senate Intelligence Committee chair Richard Burr and ranking member Mark Warner issued a statement Thursday 03/16/17, saying "based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016."
So who were the FISA warrants for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies