Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 10:45 AM

1,194 posts, read 726,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Hey Fordtrucks, did you serve your country? Because I did.
No I didn't serve like you. However I did work for a military research lab here in massachusetts for 25 years. And had to go to hot spots around the globe to support our military men and women in uniform. BTW....Thankyou for your service.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:07 AM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm hoping for a relitively peaceful collapse
Peaceful collapse of what? I'm mystified.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:12 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Peaceful collapse of what? I'm mystified.
The republic, I assume. Read up on the history of Rome. Public distrust of public institutions, increasing diversity, abandoning of traditional framework, and a hatred of the ruling class. That's what happened and the people wanted a person to fix things. That person was Caesar. It was a fairly peaceful transition compared to some. There's really no reason to believe that a fundamental transformation of how the US government functions would be a result of violent revolution.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:14 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
Tragedy and domestic neglect and abuse still go on in the USA. Presumably, if the Christian story of humans being sinners is true, then cases of this will pop-up until the end of time across the whole of earth.

I believe in evil. Not that I think evil ought be given enough undue power to be constantly seen everywhere, and good and virtue nearly non-existent. Satan should not be deemed more powerful than God and Christ.

But by at least adulthood one ought be aware of the existence of evil in this world. That is an apolitical issue, other than liberals often like to teach children evil does not exist. Yet, they teach them not to get into cars with strangers. There is only mental illness and breaking the law in the pontification of liberal dogmas.

So, members of the younger generation will be prey for evil men and women. Sometimes their own parents and grandparents. Such as the recent story of the little 8 year-old black girl that was murdered by her grandmother, who lived in a trash filled house. They (her father too) had that little girl tied down to a bed for days I believe. And punished her more for trying to sneak a drink of water out of the toilet.

No, she was not spoiled and nor was she the recipient of a flood of love washing over her.

It's one thing to try to develop some resilience in your child or children. It is another thing to abuse them and try to break their spirits.

The last war America had for America (and not just for the American oligarchs) was probably WWII.

Desert Storm I served in had nothing to do with "defending America."

Plus, it was foretold in even Catholicism, that Satan would begin lossing his power during the beginning of the 21st century. Satan requested and was allowed by God to increase his power over man throughout the 20th century so he could lead more souls to eternal damnation and according to him destroy the Christian Church.

Satanist rule the Democratic Party, lets be honest. But with the internal division, the ***** in the armor, we see the rise of more (not saints perhaps) moral Democrats like Tulsi Gabbard. Among the Republicans we saw the divide with working class whites rebelling against the Satan owned establishment controlled by earthly oligarchs.

These younger generations will probably usher in an era of greater rebellion against Satanist from oligarchs and politicians all the way down to the two MS-13 gang members that held hostage, raped and abused a few girls, and then murdering her in human sacrificial offering to their demonic saint of death they pray too. Probably the sameone the Mexican cartels pray too since the Mexican Catholic Church stated all cartel members self excommunicate themselves from the Catholic Church.

But this new period--however short or long--will be a calm before a storm. Massive problems across earth, and possibly a world war, will allow the anti-Christ to take reign. He will perform "miracles" and accept being called god.

In the meantime, Farrakhan is right, America's time of winning for evil is over. Done. A wrap. It may win individual battles here and there but its winning wars for evil is over. If America faces off with Russia it will lose. The whole earth combined could attack Russia with the USA and Russia by God's miraculous might would still empower Russia to defeat the USA and all nations of the earth combined.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:36 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
My nephew was in the Marines. A group of his fellow soldiers were at our house last year and it was quite inciteful to get their take on things since they actually put their lives on the line for our country. Their take is that most people are so desensitized to reality that their only concern is who will get voted off next on American Idol, or how many likes they get on a facebook post. Stark things are coming and this is the tip of the iceberg with potentially unfathomable ramifications for our dear readers.

Ask for an uprising and you may get it. You will also get the govt./military response they have been training for.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:42 AM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
The republic, I assume. Read up on the history of Rome. Public distrust of public institutions, increasing diversity, abandoning of traditional framework, and a hatred of the ruling class. That's what happened and the people wanted a person to fix things. That person was Caesar. It was a fairly peaceful transition compared to some. There's really no reason to believe that a fundamental transformation of how the US government functions would be a result of violent revolution.
Are you saying that because the country has elected a President that promises to make some changes the pre-existing power structure should undo the results of a vote?

Old 03-05-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Tragedy and domestic neglect and abuse still go on in the USA. Presumably, if the Christian story of humans being sinners is true, then cases of this will pop-up until the end of time across the whole of earth.

I believe in evil. Not that I think evil ought be given enough undue power to be constantly seen everywhere, and good and virtue nearly non-existent. Satan should not be deemed more powerful than God and Christ.

But by at least adulthood one ought be aware of the existence of evil in this world. That is an apolitical issue, other than liberals often like to teach children evil does not exist. Yet, they teach them not to get into cars with strangers. There is only mental illness and breaking the law in the pontification of liberal dogmas.

So, members of the younger generation will be prey for evil men and women. Sometimes their own parents and grandparents. Such as the recent story of the little 8 year-old black girl that was murdered by her grandmother, who lived in a trash filled house. They (her father too) had that little girl tied down to a bed for days I believe. And punished her more for trying to sneak a drink of water out of the toilet.

No, she was not spoiled and nor was she the recipient of a flood of love washing over her.

It's one thing to try to develop some resilience in your child or children. It is another thing to abuse them and try to break their spirits.

The last war America had for America (and not just for the American oligarchs) was probably WWII.

Desert Storm I served in had nothing to do with "defending America."

Plus, it was foretold in even Catholicism, that Satan would begin lossing his power during the beginning of the 21st century. Satan requested and was allowed by God to increase his power over man throughout the 20th century so he could lead more souls to eternal damnation and according to him destroy the Christian Church.

Satanist rule the Democratic Party, lets be honest. But with the internal division, the ***** in the armor, we see the rise of more (not saints perhaps) moral Democrats like Tulsi Gabbard. Among the Republicans we saw the divide with working class whites rebelling against the Satan owned establishment controlled by earthly oligarchs.

These younger generations will probably usher in an era of greater rebellion against Satanist from oligarchs and politicians all the way down to the two MS-13 gang members that held hostage, raped and abused a few girls, and then murdering her in human sacrificial offering to their demonic saint of death they pray too. Probably the sameone the Mexican cartels pray too since the Mexican Catholic Church stated all cartel members self excommunicate themselves from the Catholic Church.

But this new period--however short or long--will be a calm before a storm. Massive problems across earth, and possibly a world war, will allow the anti-Christ to take reign. He will perform "miracles" and accept being called god.

In the meantime, Farrakhan is right, America's time of winning for evil is over. Done. A wrap. It may win individual battles here and there but its winning wars for evil is over. If America faces off with Russia it will lose. The whole earth combined could attack Russia with the USA and Russia by God's miraculous might would still empower Russia to defeat the USA and all nations of the earth combined.
From a secular stand point, the end times is not literal, as with everything else in the Bible. Unlike that current phenomenon of trendy internet atheism, I'm not dismissing what you say as being stupid. I want to explain how I view it in a secular context. I'm not asking you to do the same, but for us to reach common ground.

What did Jesus do without religious connotation? He attempted to fight Rome. And he alone technically failed. He was executed and Jews, and now Christians, remained persecuted. But the introduction of Christians was interesting. To put this back into the religion context, the earliest Christians were Jews who felt a prophecy was fulfilled, meanwhile, more 'conservative' Judaism felt Jesus was a fraud, probably because he did not return Israel to it's former glory as was foretold. But Christians had a response to that, which was to bring the glory of God and the proverbial promise of Israel to the world. And given a few centuries, who controlled Europe? Jesus did do something which was change the world, in a way that can easily be justified in it's original Old Testament context, but is still somehow different.

My question to you: would this not also be true of the end times? It was assumed that this was the end of the world entirely and the Jesus would literally come back from heaven, but perhaps this is a slight misunderstanding. The world, as noted in the early Christian context, was meant to be subjected to the will of God by Christians. Christians took the west, and it's fair to say that the west is to this day the dominant force of the world, thus their glory of Israel to the world was fulfilled. Could the end times just mean that this world ends? The physical world as we know it will not disappear, but rather change fundamentally in the same way it did before, which a Christ figure. Maybe not Jesus, but an individual who's effect is comparable to Jesus. Perhaps the end times is less a prophecy, but a plan. This is what needs to happen when the Christian world that was established becomes corrupted.

This is just food for thought. I'm not religious, personally, but I fully understand and appreciate the impact Christianity had on Western politics and despite the growing number of people (some of these people, self described Christians) who want to diminish this because it sounds exclusionary, understanding it's value and history is of high importance, regardless of one's personal religious convictions. So to is understanding the secular forces.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Are you saying that because the country has elected a President that promises to make some changes the pre-existing power structure should undo the results of a vote?
I'm not saying what should happen at all. I'm saying something happened in Rome that caused it to transform from a republic to an empire and that some of the circumstances that caused this are present today and that regardless of political affiliation or who any particular person voted for that we should be aware of those similarities.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Sadly I Know this generation will eventually destroy this country. This generation is the first generation that has never experienced any real hardship, and has turned them into a bunch of ungrateful whiny little @#$%. They have no real sense of what a difficult life really is, very few do. They were born with 3 meals on their plates, A/C heating, and public education. Most don't start working until they're 18, many until they graduate college which I think is insane. They never saw war at home, real poverty or anything truly tragic. Basically a generation of spoiled brats!!! If I still didn't have family alive I don't think I would put my life on the line to defend this nation anymore.
My "spoiled brat" millennial is currently serving her second enlistment in the navy. Shame on her for being such an "ungrateful whiny little @#$%".

Old 03-05-2017, 11:59 AM

1,194 posts, read 726,641 times
Quote:
My "spoiled brat" millennial is currently serving her second enlistment in the navy. Shame on her for being such an "ungrateful whiny little @#$%".
I didn't say all!!!...BTW..I thank her for her service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies