Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 02:49 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,806,102 times

Advertisements

I'll never understand this just more proof they're complete hypocrites.

All glass, aluminum, steel, and plastic should have some sort of a nationwide recycling program tied to it...similar to the bottle deposit law in Michigan.

It's extremely hard to find anywhere in my area that will even take glass. I have to take it to a special dumpster that is taken care of by a local church.
I'm not sure what they do with it after that but they must take it to a facility in a bigger city or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 02:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times
I live close enough to and far enough away from the city and try to avoid going there. Last week we had to go. I wouldn't live in a city for nothing with that bumper to bumper traffic. And noticing that each car only had one person in each car, all those fumes when they could car pool. Yea, they care <sarcasm>

Old 03-06-2017, 02:54 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,520,591 times
Before you go off on a silly tangent many of the states you refer to have recycling programs. I'm guessing states where you see trash all over the place along roads, in the woods, etc., will never recycle no matter if a federal law and program existed or not.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:54 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,659,816 times
Probably because red states would scream 'STATES RIGHTS!'.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

All glass, aluminum, steel, and plastic should have some sort of a nationwide recycling program tied to it...similar to the bottle deposit law in Michigan.

It's extremely hard to find anywhere in my area that will even take glass. I have to take it to a special dumpster that is taken care of by a local church.
I'm not sure what they do with it after that but they must take it to a facility in a bigger city or something.

You are calling others hypocrites for not doing something you haven't done for yourself?

Old 03-06-2017, 02:56 PM

2,729 posts, read 6,120,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I live close enough to and far enough away from the city and try to avoid going there. Last week we had to go. I wouldn't live in a city for nothing with that bumper to bumper traffic. And noticing that each car only had one person in each car, all those fumes when they could car pool. Yea, they care <sarcasm>
And because they're in traffic they're obviously liberals?

Old 03-06-2017, 03:00 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,920,815 times
Quote:

I'd love to see this done nationally. Although I understand why it's not done now (local control and costs that would have to be endured by everyone).

I've lived in places that didn't have recycling, and it was difficult to work around. I had to stockpile all of my recycled material and make monthly runs to places that accepted recycled materials (paper, plastic, metals, glass). It's much easier living somewhere that has those options ready to go for you.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:02 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,806,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Before you go off on a silly tangent many of the states you refer to have recycling programs. I'm guessing states where you see trash all over the place along roads, in the woods, etc., will never recycle no matter if a federal law and program existed or not.
There should be a federal program I'm not interested in state programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Probably because red states would scream 'STATES RIGHTS!'.
In this instance I say hell with them let's override that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You are calling others hypocrites for not doing something you haven't done for yourself?
I do recycle and I'm not a liberal that whines about the environment all day.

However if some liberal leaders want to put together a plan I'm all for it.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 03-06-2017 at 03:37 PM..

Old 03-06-2017, 03:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
I do recycle and I'm not a liberal that whines about the environment all day
Just today? You recycle. There is no problem. You just wanted to whine.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:03 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,920,815 times
Quote:
I do recycle and I'm not a liberal that whines about the environment all day
Caring about the environment shouldn't be a political issue (even though it has become one)...at least, it didn't used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies