Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 03:10 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times

Advertisements

I just tried an advanced search here to find out if it was posted...nothing came up. Why didn't one of our resident cons post the video of President Obama referring slaves to immigrants? Can someone else search for it? I'd like to see if I made a post on it. Thanks. Oh and btw, I haven't watched the OPs video yet since I'm at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 03:10 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How is it hypocrisy if he was called out for it ??????
by your level of 'proof' --

Quote:
Not really since this place is notorious for deleting threads and the search function isnt all that great unless you have the user name of the individual who posted the thread.

-- anyone can basically claim there was a thread about absolutely anything, and make up whatever cockamamie claim they care to, and then just say, 'oh, that thread must have been deleted or doesn't show up with the search function.'

Old 03-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
by your level of 'proof' --

-- anyone can basically claim there was a thread about absolutely anything, and make up whatever cockamamie claim they care to, and then just say, 'oh, that thread must have been deleted or doesn't show up with the search function.'
But by your own logic, you have no proof anyone was a hypocrite. Im the only one from the left commenting here, and I have condemned both.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:12 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
You prove it. Prove that they even knew that speech existed.
Huh? You made a claim and now can't back it up.

As for your challenge to me: the speech was broadcast live on national cable television (C-SPAN), which means that journalists paid to watch the president's every word (and this isn't even getting into the fact that there is a traveling press pool that goes everywhere with the president for the EXACT purpose of being able to record the president's actions/words in real time for the historical record) heard him utter those words. The average American may not have been watching such a speech (I mean, let's be serious: who really watches C-SPAN), but the main stream media certainly were.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:13 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Surely, republicans would have been outraged at Obama. I don't get it.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:14 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
... and it caused an uproar then; one that brain surgeon Ben Carson should have been smart enough not to repeat.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:15 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
"But if Obama would have been a Republican, we would have been outraged."
Indeed.

Imagine if Trump said exactly the same thing. We'd be having a nuclear winter from all the false outrage from the very people who now make excuse for Obama.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:16 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
... and it caused an uproar then; one that brain surgeon Ben Carson should have been smart enough not to repeat.
Proof? I don't recall an "uproar." And the media certainly hasn't been referencing such a point for comparison purposes when calling out Carson for his remarks. Now, this isn't to say that there was zero press devoted to criticizing the president, but, if there was some media attention, it certainly wasn't on the same scale as the attacks against Carson are today. I would have remembered it if so.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:16 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Surely, republicans would have been outraged at Obama. I don't get it.
You don't understand that the Republicans haven't hyperventilated over every little thing for the last 8 years the way the Dems are doing now?

Both sides are bad, but I've never seen anything like the last few months. This is a good reminder not to freak out over every word. It also shows how one-sided the media is.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:17 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Proof? There wasn't even a thread posted here, so it appears to have gotten little to no media coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies