Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 11:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

The refineries down here are going through some huge projects right now.

If you come in to Houston from the east on I-10, there must have been 30 or more cranes at the Cheveron refinery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 11:47 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
However for all of this BS that 18 Montclair is trying to promote and his bs Berkley Politics. We will see more refineries as I have posted.

The Left is terrified we will become Energy Independent. They continue to down play the Greatness of this country and one has to ask?

Who's side s the left on?
I'll take Russians for $500 Trebek! (Since thats the modern boogeyman these days)

Old 03-11-2017, 11:51 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
And yet, here's a chart from their own site using their own data. Wow, look at those soaring gas prices!

You got any other softballs I can knock out of the park? Or are you getting as bored as I am with this game?

Bravo, I love how the Left is blown out of the water and Berkley politics takes anther dump!

Price does depend on Blend and added taxes from the state and Federal Government.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:00 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The poor notice it. They can't afford high MPG Hybrids. I own an electric/hybrid but it's not about me. We can change our habits without placing the burden on the poor.
This is precisely the conundrum that people are igoring why? I dont know.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:03 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

One can argue "unintended" and I will argue it wasn't but all the same you didn't dispute my point.
I just gracefully let your "point" sink into the swamp without too much comment, primarily because wasn't a particularly good one. Obviously, you can have increases in commodities prices WITHOUT liquidity injections by the central banks just as often as they occur with liquidity injections. There is not a one-to-one causal link, as the Fed Chairman herself will tell you. In most Congressional testimony by the Fed Chairman, you'll hear the Chairman detailing policy actions that the Fed may consider in after-the-fact responses to rising energy prices. It is always clear from such testimony that the Fed has ZERO control over commodities prices, but they may be able to mitigate the effects of high energy prices through Fed action.

One thing you never hear in such testimony, however, is how the Fed Chairman intends to lower or raise energy prices by Fed actions. Because everyone who serve on the Federal Reserve Board knows that there is nothing they can really do to affect energy prices, for better or worse. Any action they may take is going to be reactive and after-the-fact.

Which is not to say that commodities prices can't increase in an environment where more dollars come into circulation. Sometimes they do, on a nominal basis. In such cases, on an inflation-adjusted basis, however, the amount of purchasing power required to buy a given increment of energy is going to be roughly the same before and after.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I know you are a Trump hater and are obsessed with him but what does Trump have to do with it?

Nothing in that link that YOU provided mentioned anything about Trump.
Trump is to blame for EVERYTHING according to montclair
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The refineries down here are going through some huge projects right now.

If you come in to Houston from the east on I-10, there must have been 30 or more cranes at the Cheveron refinery.
There hasn't been a new refinery built in the US in decades. Mainly because of the regulations. Now that all those have EO'd into Progressive Valhalla (where they belong) we are going to see another (much needed) industrial revolution, IMHO.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
And yet, here's a chart from their own site using their own data. Wow, look at those soaring gas prices!

You got any other softballs I can knock out of the park? Or are you getting as bored as I am with this game?

Hahaha@the intellectual DISHONESTY.

My quote talks about prices rising 13% over 1 year ago-you are posting a chart that shows like 3 weeks.

Apparently you have problems hitting softballs.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:14 PM

176 posts, read 420,278 times
All this hysteria coming from a paid Soros troll
Who lives in Switzerland or California.
Why should anyone believe any of these predictions.
I mean they have all been spot on from the election until now Right

NOT

Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 PM

9,982 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hahaha@the intellectual DISHONESTY.

My quote talks about prices rising 13% over 1 year ago-you are posting a chart that shows like 3 weeks.

Apparently you have problems hitting softballs.
So let's review step by step what happened here:

You said gas prices are rising in the present tense, not that they're higher on a YOY basis. Then you blamed station owners for gouging, and then somehow managed to blame that on Trump. I posted the data to refute your factual premise that led to your completely asinine non sequitur of a conclusion. You posted a story about state-by-state gas prices, which would be useful if the average consumer price were determined like a Senate vote. Once again I posted data on the actual consumer price data, and once again you have no refutation.

There you have it, a nice tidy summary just so we're clear on how you got schooled even as you flail around trying to act like you're not a complete intellectual lightweight.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
So let's review step by step what happened here:

You said gas prices are rising in the present tense, not that they're higher on a YOY basis. Then you blamed station owners for gouging, and then somehow managed to blame that on Trump. I posted the data to refute your factual premise that led to your completely asinine non sequitur of a conclusion. You posted a story about state-by-state gas prices, which would be useful if the average consumer price were determined like a Senate vote. Once again I posted data on the actual consumer price data, and once again you have no refutation.

There you have it, a nice tidy summary just so we're clear on how you got schooled even as you flail around trying to act like you're not a complete intellectual lightweight.
Stopped reading after the first 4 words...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies