Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 08:51 AM

13,304 posts, read 7,864,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

I remember Hannity too, total dirtball.
Hannity represents the entire contingency of the stupid in this country.

That makes FOX a money maker, and Hannity a money maker.

The stupid relish the con of their own given stupidity.

They have the rights of their spoil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 08:54 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by want to learn View Post
I enjoy watching the train wreak they call the 24 Hour News cycle on CNN, MSNBC and FOXNEWS. Being retired I have lots of time on my hands so I can flip between these stations and watch the anchors and pundits mix it up. Most of the reporting is incredibly biased. CNN and MSNBC is incredibly biased on the left and FOXNEWS on the right.

I want to reach across the screen and strangle the pundits. They live in their own reality not connected to the real world. I wonder if they really believe what they are saying?

But my biggest beef with news on television is the belief that so called experts are going to be right. Each so called expert is right as often as the Groundhog looking for his shadow on Ground Hog Day.

Political Pundits trying telling us who is going to win the election

Business Pundits telling us what the stock market is going to do

Economic Pundits telling us what the economy is going to do in the next few years

Weather Pundits telling us what the weather is going to be next week

90% of the time these pundits are wrong- wrong- wrong! Why do they keep putting them on?

(Why do I watch these channels? It's interesting!)
Friend, do yourself a favor, get a healthier hobby, listening to the constant drone of drama from MSM and inane comments on political forums, will eventually have you sucking on the business end of a 12 gauge. Opinions are like anal cavities, everyone has one, and some are full of "stuff". Best to focus on what we are able to change or control, do what we can to find peace in our lives and the lives of those we can do something about.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:58 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I no longer watch any of these overpaid, corrupt media channels. I socialize with people & post on forums like these to get opinions of people who are like me. None of those experts on tv can come close to understanding my issues. Same reason i stopped watching SNL or any award shows. Media & celebrities are against an average, middle class American citizen. They are for the rich snobs or outsiders who want to break into our country & create chaos.
Wow, paranoid much?

Old 03-14-2017, 08:58 AM

39,206 posts, read 27,575,665 times
I think one of the problems is the American political “season” is continuous, providing a plethora of distortions, fabrications, and pundit blather, which leaves citizens disgusted, apathetic, and confused by the time they wander into a voting booth.

Keep in mind that these networks are all corporate networks, so their purpose is pretty clear.

Pick 2 or 3 shows on each network, and take notes. Most of the stories covered will be variations on old news. Forget those. Your bias has already been set, and will taint your results. Follow up on “new” facts though. If a person, organization, thing, etc, that you’ve never heard of is mentioned, check it out further. A quick Google search will easily provide you with further information on the subject.

Everybody is already pretty biased, including you and I. For example, I personally like fox news a lot, so almost everything they say sounds like music to my ears. I try to be a little bit fair and balanced, so I also watch Anderson Cooper and several other shows.

It seems like the degree to which the networks are biased seems to be proportional to their level of frustration and desperation with being in opposition.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:59 AM

33,318 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
There are a few FAUX folks that are so BITTER- "The 5" out and one guy who spun off- on Sundays-- brrr- make your skin crawl--but after listening to some of the women on One-America-- they must suck on radishes or bitter orange before go on... not much what they say- but what they portray- I do not like Van Jones on the messy truth- either-

keep it impersonal news and facts please - let me have all the emotions
Greg Gutfeld exists on Fox to give his opinion on various topics, and employ satire and news PARODY. He wasn't hired as a newsperson. It appears that you don't understand the difference, and that Gutfeld's shtick goes over your head.

Same with Van Jones. He was hired by CNN to give his opinion. He isn't a newsperson.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:02 AM

33,318 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
news people that represent the right - are bitter
See my previous post (#26 on the thread).

Newsflash....Van Jones is close to the OPPOSITE of 'representing the right'.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:06 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think one of the problems is the American political “season” is continuous, providing a plethora of distortions, fabrications, and pundit blather, which leaves citizens disgusted, apathetic, and confused by the time they wander into a voting booth.

Keep in mind that these networks are all corporate networks, so their purpose is pretty clear.

Pick 2 or 3 shows on each network, and take notes. Most of the stories covered will be variations on old news. Forget those. Your bias has already been set, and will taint your results. Follow up on “new” facts though. If a person, organization, thing, etc, that you’ve never heard of is mentioned, check it out further. A quick Google search will easily provide you with further information on the subject.

Everybody is already pretty biased, including you and I. For example, I personally like fox news a lot, so almost everything they say sounds like music to my ears. I try to be a little bit fair and balanced, so I also watch Anderson Cooper and several other shows.

It seems like the degree to which the networks are biased seems to be proportional to their level of frustration and desperation with being in opposition.
Why dont you watch The Jimmy Dore Show on youtube instead to give a non-corporate viewpoint?

Old 03-14-2017, 09:09 AM

39,206 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Why dont you watch The Jimmy Dore Show on youtube instead to give a non-corporate viewpoint?
There are many shows I watch. In term of Jimmy Dore, I really don't know the differences between his show, and say.. Youngturks. lol

Old 03-14-2017, 02:55 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
If I was retired, the LAST thing I would want to do is watch the mind numbing news, over and over.... OP.. I hope you get outdoors and listen to the birds singing. The news networks can make someone sick by just listening to all that stuff over and over.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
I guess it depends on what the OP means by "pundit." Some of the reporters who host shows on both MSNBC and CNN have strong political views, but they don't hide them. Fox News to me is 100% right-wing, although there are a couple of hosts who are not strong Trump supporters. Then there's Sean Hannity who really cross the line. Once the Christian Science Monitor said he often "oversteps his bounds" as a reporter.

I like the PBS Newshour and believe it's fair and balanced news. I enjoy shows where guests from different parties sit around and discuss a topic, although sometimes those discussions turn into battles. I realize a host can direct the conversation, but as long as everyone gets a chance to give his or her opinion, I think we get to hear different viewpoints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies