Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 10:00 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times

Advertisements

OMG, this huge system isn't working right! There are bugs and problems! OMG.
Anyone else here ever done software or hardware rollouts before? Maybe it's just me. I can understand how the average Joe might think that everything should work perfectly from day one. These are probably the same people who think that love conquers all, or that that girl you met at the coffee shop might not mind that you live with your parents.

Watching people complain about start up issues to getting health care to literally MILLIONS of Americans, to me, is just sad. It's like complaining about the size of your free candy bar.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:07 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Anyone else here ever done software or hardware rollouts before? Maybe it's just me. I can understand how the average Joe might think that everything should work perfectly from day one. These are probably the same people who think that love conquers all, or that that girl you met at the coffee shop might not mind that you live with your parents.

Watching people complain about start up issues to getting health care to literally MILLIONS of Americans, to me, is just sad. It's like complaining about the size of your free candy bar.
the aca doesn't provide health care to 'millions', it provides it to no one...it provides affordable health INSURANCE...two very different things...careful what you wish for

Old 10-19-2013, 12:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:

Yea, millions of tax payer dollars later and it doesn't work. Government screws it up.

And 70Ford has a meltdown. Can you imagine the inner chambers of the WH? So after of millions of taxpayer dollars and 3 years is everyone supposed to say, oh, no problem?

Old 10-19-2013, 02:04 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:

I understand. I program web software and know that no matter how big the budget or how smart and bright the developers are, there will always be bugs. The same goes for Microsoft, Apple, WordPress, Google, Amazon, eBay, Adobe, Web Browsers used by millions across the globe, the forum software that this website uses (vBulletin Board), etc. The ONLY difference is that they started out with a smaller user base and by the time their base grew, most, but never all, of the bugs have been worked out...

People who have any idea about programming in any language for any platform or device knows that this is a normal occurrence and will be worked out. It's a web site and it's not a huge deal. The bugs will be worked out as they are reported. There's no way that they could have beta tested the site with millions of Americans all trying to access it at the same before the roll out... TO THE DISMAY OF MANY, IT WILL BE FIXED.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 10-19-2013 at 02:18 AM..

Old 10-19-2013, 02:54 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
The big failure is that healthy young people are not signing up. Obamacare, in its present form, is doomed. The only question is if we will move "forward" into bigger fines or mandates for not having insurance, move toward single payer or scrap the stupid idea.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:12 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The big failure is that healthy young people are not signing up. Obamacare, in its present form, is doomed. The only question is if we will move "forward" into bigger fines or mandates for not having insurance, move toward single payer or scrap the stupid idea.
They're going to do what ever it takes to "encourage" us to sign up. The stupid Republicans do not have their crap together their shenanigans are just going to make things worse. They are giving away seats....

Old 10-19-2013, 04:00 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And you made that assessment from two weeks of sign up with a crappy website. Ted was right; we should have pulled the plug on that alone.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
They're going to do what ever it takes to "encourage" us to sign up. The stupid Republicans do not have their crap together their shenanigans are just going to make things worse. They are giving away seats....
Agree 100%.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
And you made that assessment from two weeks of sign up with a crappy website. Ted was right; we should have pulled the plug on that alone.
Ask yourself if you were a young and healthy single adult if you would sign up. Answer honestly.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:03 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
You Obummer apologists are funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies