Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 11:40 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Ah ghost, you forgot to put in a rebuttal to any points raised. In fact you clearly avoided it so I will assume you just agreed with me.

Trumpcare is predicted to have 58 MILLION Americans without coverage within ten years. Pretty much doubling the number.
(remember Team Trump picked the lead for the CBO, the numbers are from REP, Trump not some leftwing group but from your own team hand picked by trump and still they are awful)

Medicaid is moving to a CAP and CUT system
( for 50 years we have had a state and fed partnership that ends with CAP and CUT Medicaid)

Medicaid, that Trump promised not to touch is being capped by population, which means POOR STATES will get fewer dollars per person than rich states. Right now a poor state like Mississippi gets more support because the current system is not based on POP it is based on needs.

If you live in a low income state, you WILL receive LESS funding not more.

The entire plan is to simply take away any and all healthcare benefits received by low income people. And lets face it the reason is because it is a useful tool to keep people toiling for surf like wages.
Well Evil One, Most people are covered thru Employer based insurance. (70%)

Those who need help go thru Medicare.

There is many who do not want to pay for insurance and would op out.
Obama is a wreck and will implode. Any policy over Obama Care is a improvement.

We will have to see in the end who was right. However the bill is going thru refinement and at least Trump is reaching out to improve the bill. In the end we shall see a nice finish product for all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 03:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
No one else should have to pay for your health care, any more than anyone else should have to pay for your cheeseburger.

Tell me where in the Constitution it says that Peter is supposed to pay for Paul. It doesn't say that. It says the very opposite.

Your property is yours and no one else's.

And the freedom to dispose of it as you wish is the very foundation of all of our other freedoms.

The only legitimate taxes are to pay for our national defense, infrastructure used by all (roads, etc.), internal security (police) and law enforcement (courts, prisons.)

The libs and RINOs who say otherwise need to get out of this country.

They are un-American.

I suggest they move to North Korea where they belong.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:35 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
lol. Some folks are having an extraordinarily difficult time coming to the realization their side lost the election. It would be humorous if it weren't so danged boring.
I have to step in and say this, not yet far into this thread. I think I speak for others when I express to some, to quit with the ridiculous and typical response that those opposing this Presidency is all about "not winning". Nobody would even waste their time if that was merely all it was about. This is not about sports teams scoring.

Not everyone ever agrees about or is fond of who ends up in the WH, but many in the country (AND elsewhere) have not felt such insecurity over the one who is supposed to be running the show, always wondering what negative or detrimental occurrence will be next. We have felt appalled or amused at much of what has gone on. It used to be that I would not normally be dwelling on the WH, feeling that things were being properly dealt with and under control, even if having not been my choice for president.

The disgust, disappointment and fear felt by many has to do with how things are not being handled well and differently than ever before - but you would have had to have lived to know this. It is apparent that the current W H playactor is clearly not only an abomination as a person, but is incapable as a leader, besides being mentally deficient, along with his sidekicks.

I think for some it is about being able to express concerns and sharing with others for support on this issue, so maybe your kind could educate yourself to know what is actually going on instead of making the same assumptive remark since November. Talk about boring.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I have to step in and say this, not yet far into this thread. I think I speak for others when I express to some, to quit with the ridiculous and typical response that those opposing this Presidency is all about "not winning". Nobody would even waste their time if that was merely all it was about. This is not about sports teams scoring.

Not everyone ever agrees about or is fond of who ends up in the WH, but many in the country (AND elsewhere) have not felt such insecurity over the one who is supposed to be running the show, always wondering what negative or detrimental occurrence will be next. We have felt appalled or amused at much of what has gone on. It used to be that I would not normally be dwelling on the WH, feeling that things were being properly dealt with and under control, even if having not been my choice for president.

The disgust, disappointment and fear felt by many has to do with how things are not being handled well and differently than ever before - but you would have had to have lived to know this. It is apparent that the current W H playactor is clearly not only an abomination as a person, but is incapable as a leader, besides being mentally deficient, along with his sidekicks.

I think for some it is about being able to express concerns and sharing with others for support on this issue, so maybe your kind could educate yourself to know what is actually going on instead of making the same assumptive remark since November. Talk about boring.
Lots of words, not much substance.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:42 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Lots of words, not much substance.
Pot ,meet kettle.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Unbelievable, nobody knows what they are talking about... so funny though.

Bottom line for me. I have health insurance thru my job. Big family... me, wife, kids.... my health insurance sky rocketed last 5 years.

If Trump doesn't lower my costs, I won't vote for him in 2020.

You guys can argue about what you think will happen...

If my costs don't go down, I'm not voting for Trump in 2020. I don't care who has health insurance... I pay too much. I want mine lowered... it's out of hand.
They're already saying it is going to cost more and certain aspects will no longer be covered, besides what will happen to Medicaid (or Medi-CAL, in CA) for low-income patients. He has made it sound like he won't touch Medicare (for older individuals, for those who get confused by these names), but since Ryan is involved, he is running things which he has had plans for. (The Dems will be the ones stepping in to help prevent a disaster).

D T has a discussion coming up to explain details (something prepared for him), however what he says "may not be accurate", as usual. It's too bad, since this is one of his "promises" that got him votes and will now negatively affect many of his voters the most. As he said recently, "Who knew Health Care could be so complicated". It is not really in his power to fix, but people bought his act.

I don't believe he will make it to 2020.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
So of it doesn't harm you who gives a **** right? How about your parents? Or friends? Or children?
Yes, we need to consider how all are affected by changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
We're successful people, not like the trash you worship.

You should move to Islamabad. You would love it there.
WOW... just..wow..

Old 03-15-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
No one else should have to pay for your health care, any more than anyone else should have to pay for your cheeseburger.

Tell me where in the Constitution it says that Peter is supposed to pay for Paul. It doesn't say that. It says the very opposite.

Your property is yours and no one else's.

And the freedom to dispose of it as you wish is the very foundation of all of our other freedoms.

The only legitimate taxes are to pay for our national defense, infrastructure used by all (roads, etc.), internal security (police) and law enforcement (courts, prisons.)

The libs and RINOs who say otherwise need to get out of this country.

They are un-American.

I suggest they move to North Korea where they belong.

A good example of what detracts from making America great.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Liar, liar. The health care plans on fire.
No, "Liar, Liar, TrumPants on fire!"

Old 03-15-2017, 06:52 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
A good example of what detracts from making America great.
Why should working America be denied healthcare in order to give it to those who are unwilling to work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies