Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 07:53 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times

Advertisements

Haha brilliant, love how "packed" the place is!! Can your President get any more ridiculous??!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 07:55 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I predicted for 15 months on this forum that Trump would win the election and I stated why. How did you do?

I did pretty damn well. See I predicted more people would vote for someone else than Donald Trump and I was right ,what do you think about that?

Old 03-16-2017, 07:57 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
And you are splitting hairs over how much the SS spends on Trump each day.

As far as what I've learned. I predicted for 15 months on this forum that Trump would win the election and I stated why. How did you do?
Just stating a fact but at least he worked in some photo ops at factories with his rally to make it appear legitimate.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:58 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Honest question here, I'm actually looking for an answer and not just making a snarky remark....

Why is he still holding rallies? I can see if it was one of those typical things where the president visits a factory or a school or something, every president does that

But this was legit "just a rally." Trump, in front of a mic, venting to his supporters about what he's angry about. Why?
He was explaining the new health care bill. Just like he has hosted tons of meetings with Congressional members to do the same thing. He also hosted a meeting with voters from different parts of the country to hear their feedback, and one of the people chosen was a surgeon and farmer from TN.

I like that he is communicating with Congress and voters, both talking and listening. Joe Manchin, Dem Senator, said Trump has spent more time with him in 6 weeks than Obama did in 8 years.

I know the pettiness is what the news likes to cover, but Trump spends a ton of time meeting with people, even those who are nasty to him in public, like Cummings. It's refreshing to see a president trying to work with Congress again.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHenryHOP View Post
So far has Trump done anything but play golf, hang out at the "Winter White House" (Causing the taxpayers TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars), tweeted lie after lie, hold rallies he doesn't need to hold anymore and push forward an unconstitutional travel ban while endorsing a health care reform the majority of Americans find worse than what we have?
So much winning. Are we tired of winning yet?

Old 03-16-2017, 08:04 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Trump continues to connect with the people unlike previous Presidents who felt their time was better spent going to $10,000 a plate dinners to enlarge their war chest for their next bid.

Nothing he will do will ever satisfy you - unfortunately the continued hate he receives only enforces the fact that those who were on the fence and are completely disgusted with this behavior 50 days after the election from the liberal Democrats will end up voting for him again just because they abhor this type of behavior from people.

Please continue your outrage as grown-ups find it disgusting - not unlike a spoiled petulant child.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:06 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
And you are splitting hairs over how much the SS spends on Trump each day.

As far as what I've learned. I predicted for 15 months on this forum that Trump would win the election and I stated why. How did you do?
Good for you, Waldo. You were right and I was wrong. I will admit I was completely shocked that he won. So why is he having his second rally in a month? He won. And? Rallies are for campaigning. They are for candidates who hope to win an election. He's already bagged the office. It's time for him to cease and desist with the whining, blaming, bragging, Tweeting, lying, rallying, and vacationing at Mar-a-Lago and do his job. Being president is extremely demanding work. I think Trump had no idea how hard it would be and believes that people should just worship and adore him like a god and when he makes decisions, there will be no resistance to any of those decisions at all.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
He certainly did in Tennessee. By wide margin.
Okay -- in Tennessee -- so he goes to campaign where he won bigly -- WHOA -- how does that show anything -- and I notice you didn't comment on how he is ditching DC when he should be offering up his great talents as supreme negotiator....and deal closer. Instead he high tails out of there.

That's impressive -- but not for the same reasons you are impressed with him.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:11 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Good for you, Waldo. You were right and I was wrong.....
I was simply responding to the comment that I didn't know anything. My results speak for themselves. If you don't want to hear about me, then stop trying to make it about me.

I do agree that being President is very trying work. Especially when the entire corrupt is biased against the President in their coverage.

This is why Trump is compelled to take it straight to the people as he did in Tennessee and Michigan yesterday. And he was cheered by 1000s in both places for him taking time out of his busy schedule to do so. This does speak for itself.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Trump continues to connect with the people unlike previous Presidents who felt their time was better spent going to $10,000 a plate dinners to enlarge their war chest for their next bid.

Nothing he will do will ever satisfy you - unfortunately the continued hate he receives only enforces the fact that those who were on the fence and are completely disgusted with this behavior 50 days after the election from the liberal Democrats will end up voting for him again just because they abhor this type of behavior from people.

Please continue your outrage as grown-ups find it disgusting - not unlike a spoiled petulant child.
Ahh -- perception is everything.

Other Presidents didn't start campaigning two months into their terms because they felt they needed to stay in DC and get some work done.

You mistake concern for outrage. I do not feel outrage -- just a growing concern that the status quo will remain at the federal level.

One of the biggest selling points of Trump was his ability to negotiate -- to close a deal. What's the first thing he does when he gets a big deal to close as President ...he leaves town.....wipes his hands clean of the process. He does not want to do the work to get this health care bill done right.

Biggest problem with American politics is the inability to get anything done -- the constant bickering, etc.

Trump as a deal closer seemed like a possible solution to this problem...but what does he do -- leave town.

Don't blame the outrageous liberals on this stand still......the Republican politicians are the ones at a stand still on this one. Trump is their leader supreme.....and he jets out of there as fast as he can. Want to make a bet he's in Palm Springs for the week end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies