Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 12:35 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,469,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/7213

Trump's tax returns are NOT a matter of "national interest" as they are not even required when running for President.
"to print or publish in any manner not provided by law"

You must have not read that small clause. 1st amendment cases have ruled in favor of of reporters printing materials they receive as long as they didn't directly pay for or solicit those materials. So called "over the transit" where the materials just show up. The only person who could be prosecuted would be the person who gave the documents out in the first place. Provided they weren't part of some public record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 01:39 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,641,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why would she be fired? She has the highest ratings of any network anchor, her Russia coverage has been absolutely brilliant, and she did nothing wrong in this.
So it turns out that this whole fiasco was nothing more than a cheap ratings stunt. And sure enough, this sham, yellow journalist got the highest ratings of her career for pulling this shameful scam.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:38 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,680,830 times
There's talk that the taxes may have been leaked.....by the Trumpsters, themselves! If that is the case, then Rachel may have gotten played!

On the other hand, one must ask......Where my Schedules at? (as a homeowner, I, at least, have a Schedule A). If you're gonna leak it, should you not leak the whole joint.....?

Last edited by scatman; 03-17-2017 at 03:50 AM..

Old 03-17-2017, 06:04 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,130,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHenryHOP View Post
Your post would have more credibility if you didn't resort to name calling and mocking her sexual orientation.
Except that's exactly why they have her on display.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:20 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,691,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

You hit nail on head.

Trump Deranged go on and on.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:58 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This week's cable ratings - Media Life Magazine

Where are you getting your stats from??
his posterior.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:21 AM

30,202 posts, read 11,854,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why would she be fired? She has the highest ratings of any network anchor, her Russia coverage has been absolutely brilliant, and she did nothing wrong in this.
She is not a network anchor. She hosts a cable news show. Big difference. And Brian Williams got fired at NBC while actually being the highest rated anchor of a network for making NBC look bad. Sound familiar? As far as ratings she got the highest ratings that night by pushing a misleading story. First she implied she had the tax returns the left has been waiting for. Then said 2005. It turned out to be a 2 page summary not the whole tax return. And most likely Trump's people gave it to her on purpose. Why would anyone go to the trouble of stealing them then only giving Maddow the least controversial part in which Trump looked good?

She did this without telling her bosses at NBC and seeing their advice. Really dumb move. You don't go rogue and then fail to deliver the goods.

O'Reilly has consistently had better ratings the entire time she has been on the air. So she is not even the highest rated in her category.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-17-2017 at 07:32 AM..

Old 03-17-2017, 07:29 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,112,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
There's talk that the taxes may have been leaked.....by the Trumpsters, themselves! If that is the case, then Rachel may have gotten played!

On the other hand, one must ask......Where my Schedules at? (as a homeowner, I, at least, have a Schedule A). If you're gonna leak it, should you not leak the whole joint.....?
This is my theory. They cherry pick one year from the past twenty or so that has a return that shows Trump in a fairly favorable light.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:38 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,789,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
"to print or publish in any manner not provided by law"

You must have not read that small clause. 1st amendment cases have ruled in favor of of reporters printing materials they receive as long as they didn't directly pay for or solicit those materials.

So called "over the transit" where the materials just show up. The only person who could be prosecuted would be the person who gave the documents out in the first place. Provided they weren't part of some public record.
It's over the transom.....not transit. (fwiw)

Back to Maddow. I don't know her background, but she has this Ivy/Eastern/SJW "I know more than you" smugness that annoys the heck out of me. (Especially since so much of what she says is in-accurate.)

She sounds so confident when saying it, but then when one thinks about what she has just said....it's obviously just agenda driven pap. (which is why I think she keeps her gig....she's a confident mouthpiece for the far left and the SJWs) - where MSNBC has carved it's tiny viewership niche.

Which is why watching the few minutes prior to the "big reveal" was so delicious.....it seemed like something was amiss & that she was nervously jabbering and sitting there with highly ballyhooed & probably very expensive....hand grenade in her lap.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:52 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post

This is what my husband said as soon as she finally showed her big scoop. His theory is that it was done to diminish and possibly shut down his detractors' ability to use his taxes as a weapon. You know, the ones still being audited, as opposed to the 12 year old ones that show a higher tax rate than those trying to imply he doesn't pay his fair share (*cough* Bernie "13%" Sanders) of taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies