Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 10:52 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times

Advertisements

Merkel looks like she had just been taken to the principal’s office after the private meeting.

Then at the press conference Trump began by talking about immigration is a privilege, it’s not a right, and the safety of our citizens must always come first. He calls on all NATO allies to pay their fair share, and she’s sitting right there. Germany’s in NATO and he’s claiming we’re getting shafted and that other NATO allies must pay their fair share to the alliance...

He thanked Merkel for increasing defense spending and upping their share (Germany had been stiffing NATO) which is a big deal to him, obviously. He called out everyone last year that wasn't paying their fair share...

“I reiterated to Chancellor Merkel my strong support for NATO.” He said, “Our two countries must continue to work together to protect our people from radical Islamic terrorism and defeat ISIS,” with her standing right there. She’s the one that’s let 800,000 of ’em into Germany.

She said, “It is much better to speak to one another rather than about one another,” was her way of saying it’s nice to be in your company, Mr. President. She said, “Together we fight against Islamist terrorism.”

So Trump forced Merkel to use the term Islamist.... Merkel then said, “We, the Germans, owe a lot to the United States of America.” Which is true. I mean, there is no denying that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 11:02 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Merkel looks like she had just been taken to the principal’s office after the private meeting.

Then at the press conference Trump began by talking about immigration is a privilege, it’s not a right, and the safety of our citizens must always come first. He calls on all NATO allies to pay their fair share, and she’s sitting right there. Germany’s in NATO and he’s claiming we’re getting shafted and that other NATO allies must pay their fair share to the alliance...

He thanked Merkel for increasing defense spending and upping their share (Germany had been stiffing NATO) which is a big deal to him, obviously. He called out everyone last year that wasn't paying their fair share...

“I reiterated to Chancellor Merkel my strong support for NATO.” He said, “Our two countries must continue to work together to protect our people from radical Islamic terrorism and defeat ISIS,” with her standing right there. She’s the one that’s let 800,000 of ’em into Germany.

She said, “It is much better to speak to one another rather than about one another,” was her way of saying it’s nice to be in your company, Mr. President. She said, “Together we fight against Islamist terrorism.”

So Trump forced Merkel to use the term Islamist.... Merkel then said, “We, the Germans, owe a lot to the United States of America.” Which is true. I mean, there is no denying that.
LOL no she looked disgusted with Trump. He wouldn't even shake her hand....baby. And don't underestimate Merkel. She is kick ass. Merkel versus Trump, my bets go to Merkel

Old 03-17-2017, 11:18 PM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Here we go again with that handshake thing.

Where are you WaldoKitty?

Old 03-17-2017, 11:19 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
LOL no she looked disgusted with Trump. He wouldn't even shake her hand....baby. And don't underestimate Merkel. She is kick ass. Merkel versus Trump, my bets go to Merkel

If Angela Merkel was a Pokemon, which one would she be?

Old 03-17-2017, 11:21 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Germany was a great country until she allowed all those refugees. What a shame. The German citizens are disgusted by her incompetence. She is revolting.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
If Angela Merkel was a Pokemon, which one would she be?
Pikachu was my favorite. But I wouldn't compare her to him.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Germany was a great country until she allowed all those refugees. What a shame. The German citizens are disgusted by her incompetence. She is revolting.
I thought we were talking about her meeting with Trump

Old 03-18-2017, 04:57 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Anyone who thinks an American so-called president being rude to another head of state, is a good day for America, is as nutty as the Idiot in Chief.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:20 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Anyone who thinks an American so-called president being rude to another head of state, is a good day for America, is as nutty as the Idiot in Chief.
It might be more about that handshake business than about dissing Merkel.

Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau wasn't putting up with any of that jerking nonsense. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ideo-explainer

Just watched the sit down with the Irish Prime Minister Kenny. His hand wasn't going to be jerked anywhere. No siree. That chair would topple over before the hand moved.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ion-on-the-web

Trump may not have wanted to arm wrestle with Merkel.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:30 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
She said, “It is much better to speak to one another rather than about one another,” was her way of saying it’s nice to be in your company, Mr. President.
Jesus christ, "Alice in Wonderland" all over again.

That was a mature human being's way of saying "grow the **** up and stop stabbing your allies in the back, you ignorant, incompetent lunatic." But of course, I am not the least bit surprised that it is lightyears beyond your ability to comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies