Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 03:57 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,855,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The odds are very high that this happened like the supposed "racist" remarks on receipts that didn't actually happen.
The entire story smells of BS.

RR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 04:40 AM

309 posts, read 515,568 times
The only crime that happens here is people take what's on facebook or published in any media instantly as facts.

"Oh, look, it's published on the worldwide web, it must be true."

Old 03-20-2017, 05:25 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Wonder if the story is fake.

If true, these decisions are made above he pay grade and he needs to get over himself.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:37 AM

27,134 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’- The Washington Post

The so called president inspires yet another hate crime. Just once I want to see one of these bigots get an attitude adjustment. The bigots have become very emboldened by Trump.

Do you have to have residency to get service or can people visiting the US also get service.

Whether these women were residence or not doesn't really matter, they could have been tourists or overseas visitors.

Waiter fired after asking customers to prove they weren't illegal immigrants before serving them | The Independent

California waiter fired for asking customers to prove residency - The Guardian

California waiter 'fired' after asking customer for proof of residency - Telegraph

Waiter fired after asking Latinas for asking for proof of residency at upscale Huntington Beach eatery - LA Times

LA waiter asks women if they are legally in the country | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-20-2017 at 06:05 AM..

Old 03-20-2017, 05:56 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Liberals and ethnocentrics don't care about those pertinent questions to be asked or even answered. All they care about is some Latino appearing women got asked for their ID and therefore spin it to racism, hatred, bigotry and oh yes....Trump just must take the blame for this. Idiots!
Id=!proof of residency status

Old 03-20-2017, 05:58 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
So WaPo and the OP contributes to today's fake news cycle. Stating that what happened was a "hate crime".....that he was "emboldened by Trump".....and that the waiter was "a bigot".

In reading the article, 3 things occurred to me:

1. Are there many bigots who are waiters in Huntington Beach, Cali ?
2. Three of the daughters were very attractive and one is downright movie star hot. I'm thinking he was asking for their ID for other reasons. Not that a male waiter in Huntington Beach would ever be interested in a very pretty 20 something customer. (But we'll probably never know, since the dude was fired and has probably gone underground.)
3. Why didn't WaPo (which used to be a respected newspaper) find out why the young male waiter asked the three...very pretty....20 something.....girls for their ID....& asked if they lived "around here"?

I'm thinking that Trump was the last thing on anyone's mind that day.

& WaPo and the NYT are so last century's news...why would they even report this if they can't provide an answer to my question #3 above.
(who, what, when & where isn't good enough, Damn It. A journalist needs to find out WHY !!)
You used the phrase Fake News.

Next.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:26 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7cc5738786f7
The so called president inspires yet another hate crime. Just once I want to see one of these bigots get an attitude adjustment. The bigots have become very emboldened by Trump.
"The so called president inspires yet another hate crime."

I could accuse YOU of a hate crime for using "the so called president"

"Just once I want to see one of these bigots"

Does this include yourself?

Post FAIL!

Old 03-20-2017, 06:31 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Yeah, because there are sooooo many racist conservative waiters working upscale restaurants in Huntington Beach CA.

Btw, according to her FB page, he asked for IDs directly after they ordered drinks.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:35 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
I've heard that some restaurants in that and other touristy areas will offer a discount to local residents in order to attract their patronage during non tourist seasons. If that is the case with this restaurant then the waiter was probably asking for an ID under that context. Either way, I doubt the waiter would ask for proof of residency unless he was ordered to by management in the first place.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:07 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Id=!proof of residency status

ID also proves if you are old enough to drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies