Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 06:55 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
To become a Republican? That's funny. A Republican? No thank you.
The Republicans ate their Moderates like Chafee years ago. Look at what they are doing to Tomi Lahren because of her "libertarian" views on Abortion that she expressed on the "The View" this past week !

Tomi Lahren has reportedly been suspended from TheBlaze following pro-choice comments she made on Friday’s episode of “The View.”

Link: Tomi Lahren suspended from TheBlaze following pro-choice comments, reports say | Fox News

Their is no such thing as a "Moderate" Republican anymore and if there is they will be burned at the political or media stake.

Conservatives in any society have never advanced any nation they have ruled.
If they have please provide examples.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:58 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Here is my favorite recent video defending free speech and freedom of expression. Outstanding work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjBM7Fy3tNQ

I had this discussion with my GF/ex-GF (don't ask) last night. She's moving farther left and espousing more SJW-esque rhetoric recently. She cited Bill Maher's "we'll fight crazy with more crazy" (basically, trying to use the same tools you're decrying the other side for using but expecting to do "good" with them). She defended the Berkeley and Middlebury actions (which she hasn't really read much about herself) because "some speech is a danger to a free society." She pulled up a Slate article she had read the same day about how what the left needs now is more INTOLERANCE... let me go see if I can find it...

Here it is: In Praise of Intolerance

She said I need to examine why I'm against social justice (but she refused to listen to my definition of social justice -- that based on your identity group -- and true justice -- that based on your actions as an individual). She hinted that it's just people wanting to openly show their hatred toward the darker-skinned people.

I don't even know why I try...

----------------------

Allow me to recommend two other avenues of thought on the subject:

The Safest Space
Sargon of Akkad

Old 03-21-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
To become a Republican?
How about to become a free-thinking ideologically liberated individual unbeholden to any particular party or collection of politicians or set of pet beliefs?

Old 03-21-2017, 07:17 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Why you should leave the left.
No way. The older I get, the more I'm thinking of joining the left. Millennials seem to be the only one's with a good head on their shoulders. We should have followed their lead & voted for Bernie.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
How about to become a free-thinking ideologically liberated individual unbeholden to any particular party or collection of politicians or set of pet beliefs?
Right. While you remain a right wing Republican voter.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah...in fact, I'm moving more to the left everyday. I didn't even know that was possible until Trump got elected.
Trump is a direct creation of the progressive left. He has been brought about, elected, he exists, because of the people on the left went way to far left. Did you notice that Hillary moved left during the campaign. Look what that got her.... It didn't get her the WH. So go ahead, keep going.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:46 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Trump is a direct creation of the progressive left. He has been brought about, elected, he exists, because of the people on the left went way to far left. Did you notice that Hillary moved left during the campaign. Look what that got her.... It didn't get her the WH. So go ahead, keep going.
After the DNC screwed over Bernie Sanders, Hillary started adopting some of his ideas into her campaign.

Donald Trump is the President. Accept it. It's better for your psyche.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Right. While you remain a right wing Republican voter.
Oh, that's rich. What would possibly make you think I'm a Republican? Is it my pro-abortion (not pro-choice, pro-abortion) stance, or my strong belief that we should decriminalize all drugs, or my non-interventionist approach to defense matters, or my utter live and let live worldview?

Old 03-21-2017, 07:59 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
After the DNC screwed over Bernie Sanders, Hillary started adopting some of his ideas into her campaign.

Donald Trump is the President. Accept it. It's better for your psyche.
To be fair, the damage was already done. Because of what the DNC did to Sanders and how Sanders supporters were treated by the DNC, they lost out on a substantial voting block who refused to be gaslit into submission. Shifting their position slightly more to the left didn't do a thing.

T'was nothing more than a political game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Sanders was the unyielding rock. Clinton and the DNC (paper) forced themselves over the rock (signifying a rejection). So when the flimsy pieces of paper faced off against Trump (scissors), they were torn to shreds.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:06 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You obviously have no idea what true Communism is if you think the American Left are "Commies".
Perhaps you should ask #45 and his lover Putin about what true Communism is.
Thank you for saying that. So many posters on here throw out the communist insult at the people on the left but they have no idea what it actually is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies