Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The left should be glad if he really is "moderating" due to pressures and what not. At least the rest of the Republican holdouts will now fall into line. Perhaps this is his version of 'compromise' and 'working together'. For now. Just wait a while.

The snowflakes can recover; the sky is not falling. All will be well.
I love it when people post ***t that they don't even believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 08:21 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,707,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When did he become a conservative! When I asked this in my very own thread on that topic, our conservative posters said that he wasn't a conservative, but they voted for him despite that fact.

So why would he push conservative legislation?
Correct. He was a democrat before he ran as a Republican.

Got that, you all on the left?

You are looking at a democrat. So stop tearing him down.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:29 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,334,667 times
She is making a very valid point and he should listen to her , he usually does . She said "Trump has got to get off this Obamacare ryancare stuff and get off tax cuts and get back on the stuff that got him elected,” Coulter said Tuesday.

“This is starting to look like every other Republican administration,” she added. “We want more jobs, a wall and lots of deportations. "

He needs to get back to the populist issue that got him elected

The mainstream republicans are losers , they had 8 years to come up with something better than Obamacare and they haven't presented anything worth implementing. Ryan's plan is terrible.

Last edited by floridanative10; 03-21-2017 at 08:40 PM..

Old 03-21-2017, 08:32 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,476,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Correct. He was a democrat before he ran as a Republican.

Got that, you all on the left?

You are looking at a democrat. So stop tearing him down.
No. We don't like him. It doesn't matter his affiliation.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:35 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,502,295 times
The goddess of the right condemning trump. Oh my. Let's see the spin posters put on this one

Old 03-21-2017, 09:59 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,392,370 times

Old 03-21-2017, 10:03 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Side note -- who cares what Ann Coulter says.

And folks have been saying he's not a real Republican since the day he signed on a a candidate for the Republican nomination.

Just takes some people longer -- sigh.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:34 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Coulter still looks desperate to gain relevance.
That sounds like a vapid comment a disgusting progressive would make. You're supposed to better than that.

Coulter said exactly what needed to be said. No more of the we can break promises. No more of the same failed policies. When Trump screws up, and he is with Ryancare and sending troops into Syria people, need to speak up. Or did you forget what happened the last 8 years when the obamabots ignored all the lies and flip flopping he did about obamacare and bringing the troops home?
Republicans ran on repealing Obamacare and not to be replaced with obamacare lite. Every piece of garbage who supports obamacare lite should be voted out.

Hopefully Trump is playing his usual game of praise the product but when it's delivered criticize it for not doing what it was said to do. He does do this. Give someone enough rope to see if they hang themselves.

I have to admit I doubt he's doing this only because I'm skeptical of most politicians and he's already lied about not getting involved in other nations civil wars by being in Syria.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:38 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,563,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Even Trump has to work within the Political system.
I'd rep you but I have to spread the love.

He has to work within the system to get things done. He's the president not a dictator. Anyone who expected he could just take over like a steam roller was delusional.

To be honest, when I voted for him I voted with the hope he would moderate and learn to work within the system once in office. Nice to see that coming to fruition. The left should be happy with this. Actually we all should be. He always was a little too far right for me and it's more moderate presidents who get things done.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:40 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
When did he become a conservative!
No ones saying he is but you.
Quote:
When I asked this in my very own thread on that topic, our conservative posters said that he wasn't a conservative, but they voted for him despite that fact.
And they are right.

Quote:
So why would he push conservative legislation?
It boggles your mind that he isn't 100 percent progressive because you're either one way or the other? Why? Hopefully he'll learn that progressive policies are failures. We've seen it first hand in the Middle East and in healthcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies