Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:03 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That's a silly cop-out. He has final say on anything that goes on in his name. If he wants it to stop, all he has to do is say so. If you are insinuating that he doesn't even know it is going on, then that is indicative of someone who does not know how to run an enterprise, and who does not have systems in place to assure he is aware of such things. I kinda doubt that is the case, he's such a great leader and all....
Try rolling your eyes and calling it silly after you re-think the first few weeks of his administration where all we heard about were blind trusts and him having NOTHING TO DO with his business.

Try to remove politics and rethink things from a rational perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 12:10 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
I don't think you clicked on the link. This has nothing to do with blind trusts, or his Chinese-made ties, or his bogus diplomas, this is Trump's general council suing an individual because they damaged his fragile ego with evil kittens.

The first two paragraphs from the article:

Quote:
A 17-year-old is the target of legal attention by President Donald Trump’s general counsel over a site where kitten paws bat around images of President Trump’s face, according to a report from the New York Observer.

As the Observer reports, the site’s creator, named only as Lucy, initially made the site as a way to practice her coding skills. But after a few weeks, the site received a cease and desist letter from President Trump’s general counsel in New York. The cease and desist letter, which the Observer confirmed, mentions that “as I’m sure you’re aware, the Trump name is internationally known and famous.”
EDIT: And my comments did not mention politics, and did not have them in mind. I responded to your suggestion that his lawyers sued the teenager and he was not even aware of it. If that is the case, and I doubt it is, it's still on him and it's still a silly cop-out.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:12 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
LOL. I kinda want to see the site. Sounds amusing.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I don't think you clicked on the link. This has nothing to do with blind trusts, or his Chinese-made ties, or his bogus diplomas, this is Trump's general council suing an individual because they damaged his fragile ego with evil kittens.

The first two paragraphs from the article:

EDIT: And my comments did not mention politics, and did not have them in mind. I responded to your suggestion that his lawyers sued the teenager and he was not even aware of it. If that is the case, it's still on him.
Well, you should probably think again then.

Quote:
But after a few weeks, the site received a cease and desist letter from President Trump’s general counsel in New York.
It came from his lawyers in NY, who are tasked with legal issues for his brand and business...the one he is supposed to be distanced from.

It did not come from DC.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:14 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,515 times
Coding is stupid. Kids shouldn't code...they should sit at home and pray instead.

Way to go Trump...let's show kids that STEM and CS are useless skills...and NOT FOR KIDS

Old 03-22-2017, 12:20 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well, you should probably think again then.

It came from his lawyers in NY, who are tasked with legal issues for his brand and business...the one he is supposed to be distanced from.

It did not come from DC.
If he is distanced from those businesses, they are not HIS lawyers anymore. This did not come from Trump Enterprises (or whatever his businesses are called) lawyers, it came from HIS lawyers, in NY.

Do you think he really allows his lawyers to files suit in his name without checking with ANYONE? Do you think that he does not have someone he trusts looking over low-level stuff and elevating it? If you do, then you must think pretty "smally" of him as a business person. I certainly would not want to leave my brand recognition up to someone else without being made aware that someone is suing a teenager in my name.

And location matters not. I'm in Raleigh, I have one lawyer who is in Charlotte, and another in DC. My lawyers have phones and emails, and I assume so do Trump's. If not, they could always tweet him....

Old 03-22-2017, 12:24 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,953,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
My understanding is that these are his business lawyers who are likely on retainer and tasked with protecting the brand name, the lawyers are simply doing what they are paid to do, and I'm sure (as people wanted) Trump himself probably has nothing to do with actually going after this person, other than a standing directive to his legal team to protect the brand name.

Protecting his brand name? Is that supposed to be a euphemism for the egregious, unlawful suppression of free speech? Emperor Trump is not so fond of the First Amendment is he? I can see why he loves the Soviet Union so much. He intends to turn the country into a police state like his hero Vladimir Putin.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
If he is distanced from those businesses, they are not HIS lawyers anymore. This did not come from Trump Enterprises (or whatever his businesses are called) lawyers, it came from HIS lawyers, in NY.

Do you think he really allows his lawyers to files suit in his name without checking with ANYONE? Do you think that he does not have someone he trusts looking over low-level stuff and elevating it? If you do, then you must think pretty "smally" of him as a business person. I certainly would not want to leave my brand recognition up to someone else without being made aware that someone is suing a teenager in my name.

And location matters not. I'm in Raleigh, I have one lawyer who is in Charlotte, and another in DC. My lawyers have phones and emails, and I assume so do Trump's. If not, they could always tweet him....
Great, so they aren't "his lawyers" so you have an issue with how the news story or other things are worded.

Fact is that he is supposedly not operating and making decisions on his business anymore. Its a legal fact that he owns the Trump name, and the business he is supposedly removed from is responsible for protecting that name. His lawyers don't need "permission" to sue someone misusing and illegally using the name, its their job to do so wherever they find it being mis-used.

And yes, they have phones and emails based wherever they want, but the point is that these aren't DC based lawyers, as in the WHITE HOUSE general counsel which in theory is the only set of lawyers he does have control over.

The lawyers in question are most likely the lawyers that manage his BUSINESS...and again, he supposedly has no control over that, and again, they are well within their rights to ask someone not to use his name. Its pretty simple to follow.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Ahh. So real story comes out.

Trump had nothing to do with it. Yet deranged go on and on just like they do every day.

Why am I not surprised.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Protecting his brand name? Is that supposed to be a euphemism for the egregious, unlawful suppression of free speech? Emperor Trump is not so fond of the First Amendment is he? I can understand why he loves the Soviet Union so much.
Protecting his brand name, its what every company, organization, charity, or famous person does.

And no, free speech has nothing to do with any of this, as its been reminded to people over 10 billion times on this board alone, free speech protects you from the GOVERNMENT not from other private citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies