Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 11:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You obviously don't understand how the government uses the tax code do you? The most patriotic thing a U.S. citizen can do is things that legally reduce their taxable income. I can see the Bevis & Butthead expression on your face now.

Government learned a long time ago that the tax codes could be used to make people and businesses do what they want. This includes investing in business which creates jobs, rental property to house people who can't afford to buy a house, etc.

In short, the many credits and breaks that are found in the tax code are there precisely because the government wants you to take advantage of them. Because you are contributing the the communities, you are allowed to reduce you're tax liability. This is patriotic.

Think about it, if you can't afford to buy a house, would you rather live in the government run projects. If not, you can thank the tax code for encouraging investment in rental property.
Then in the same vein, WHY do you vilify the poor for taking advantage of programs the government puts in place for them? Would you really have us believe the government wants only the wealthy to take advantage of programs in place while hoping the poor won't do the same?

Sounds like BS to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 11:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Then in the same vein, WHY do you vilify the poor for taking advantage of programs the government puts in place for them? Would you really have us believe the government wants only the wealthy to take advantage of programs in place while hoping the poor won't do the same?

Sounds like BS to me.
It depends on what you want out of life. Do you want to be a government dependent, an entity that forcibly takes money from people who work hard for their money but are forced to give to you? You'll never live a good life if you choose this road. Government can not legislate your prosperity, survival yes, but not prosperity.

Or do you want the opportunity to live a better standard of living? Of course this can only happen if you're willing to give up the dependency (poor man's) mentality and willing to put forth effort in making a better life for yourself. No matter what you are told, no one owes you anything.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Sounds like BS to me.
The tax code is available to "everyone" who is willing to learn and make the effort.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:44 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Exactly, but the left condones the taker mentality, the takers want government to take more to give to them, at BOTH have the audacity to say President Trump is unpatriotic? It's hypocritical don't you think?
No. One has nothing to do with the other. Your posts sound to me like the old joke, "do you walk to work or take your lunch?"

I am talking about DONALD TRUMP and the perception some people have that he is patriotic. Not "the left", not leeches on society.

I do not see what is particularly patriotic about DONALD TRUMP. It does not follow that this means I think anyone else IS patriotic.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:45 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He has not a single redeeming quality. What is there to like about him?
I didn't vote for him, and I don't particularly like him, but there is no indication I'm aware of that he is anything but a loving grandfather.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No. One has nothing to do with the other. Your posts sound to me like the old joke, "do you walk to work or take your lunch?"

I am talking about DONALD TRUMP and the perception some people have that he is patriotic. Not "the left", not leeches on society.

I do not see what is particularly patriotic about DONALD TRUMP. It does not follow that this means I think anyone else IS patriotic.
But you're ignoring the fact that the left accuses Trump of not being patriotic yet says nothing, in fact encourages people to "look to the government" to take from others to give to them.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
Sounds exactly like hillary...........
LOL.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
It depends on what you want out of life. Do you want to be a government dependent, an entity that forcibly takes money from people who work hard for their money but are forced to give to you? You'll never live a good life if you choose this road. Government can not legislate your prosperity, survival yes, but not prosperity.

Or do you want the opportunity to live a better standard of living? Of course this can only happen if you're willing to give up the dependency (poor man's) mentality and willing to put forth effort in making a better life for yourself.
You utterly failed to answer my question of why you're fine when some TAKE what's available to them and vilify others who TAKE what's available to them.

And I'm not so sure your previous explanation of why tax codes are the way they are has any real purpose that allegedly benefits the country. They are after all written by bought & paid for politicians who certainly appear more concerned with self-preservation and keeping their cushy jobs than with serving the country and its people as they're supposed to do.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
What's so patriotic about someone who condones the use of eminent domain, the taking of property from others, to be used for profit making by private enterprise?
The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution says 'nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation"

Property is property. Leftist encourage the taking of other people's money to give to people who won't work to support themselves. It's a form of eminent domain but people who the money is taken from don't get it back, the money is gone forever, people like you encourage it... yet you screech about eminent domain.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
And? Unless you have a point, you shouldn't speak.
Why? Because you don't like the truth? Please.

Oh, I can guess....because you deem it to be 'off topic' .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies